2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Love these with white laces
22A1998E-61BB-448E-A476-17FC38553F2E.jpeg

Why doesn’t Nike sue people that produce fakes or customs?

Fakes are made in China, so the Chinese govt. isn't going to do anything to help an American company. Customs are interesting, if you buy the real product you can do what you want, paint it, alter it etc. It makes me wonder about people like the Shoe Surgeon, do they make their shoes from scratch? Do they pay royalties?

Shoulda put out the low to hi retro and called it a day.
A low to high retro of the original Pigeons would’ve been so damn dope! I do LOVE the Black Pigeons though. The Panda Pigeons on the other hand, just aight IMO. I’d rather have something like the Concord Dunk SB Lows instead.

Fakes are made in China, so the Chinese govt. isn't going to do anything to help an American company. Customs are interesting, if you buy the real product you can do what you want, paint it, alter it etc. It makes me wonder about people like the Shoe Surgeon, do they make their shoes from scratch? Do they pay royalties?
I was actually just looking at his site and it looks like he uses Nike/Jordan models for all of his customs. Part of the cost of his products go into sourcing the actual Nike shoe.

He clearly states on the product page that what he is offering is a “service”, and I think that’s the big difference here. Surgeon offers the customization of an actual Nike shoe. Lotas made his own shoe, ripped off the Nike dunk model and colorways, and sold it as his own design.

I was actually just looking at his site and it looks like he uses Nike/Jordan models for all of his customs. Part of the cost of his products go into sourcing the actual Nike shoe.

He clearly states on the product page that what he is offering is a “service”, and I think that’s the big difference here. Surgeon offers the customization of an actual Nike shoe. Lotas made his own shoe, ripped off the Nike dunk model and colorways, and sold it as his own design.

Shoesurgeon is a huge inspiration to customizers , he may only do a few models but his quality and craftmanship are elite!

I ALWAYS found it weird that NIKE NEVER bats an eye at him even though his customs (98% Jordan 1s) are around $1700 and his classes for students were $5000 at the beginning, jesus. it may come to to authenticity as im sure he never uses FAKE shoes as bases

I wonder how BA got away with it?

I'm sure there's more to it than just this, but Bathing Ape is a Japanese brand, owned by I.T. which is a Hong Kong investment company.

In comparison,, Lotas was set up and registered as an LLC right here in the U.S. (the dumbest **** he could've done)

There's a reason fakes aren't made in the states.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder how BA got away with it?
I'm sure there's more to it than just this, but Bathing Ape is a Japanese brand, owned by I.T. which is a Hong Kong investment company.

In comparison,, Lotas was set up and registered as an LLC right here in the U.S. (the dumbest **** he could've done)

There's a reason fakes aren't made in the states.
Cool lil fashion channel. Was just watching this a few weeks ago:

In short:
Bape actually switch things around making a ripoff, yet a completely original shoe. Most notably they used their logo. No too close to Nike branding are feature, and even if Nike wanted sued them they couldn't b/c the 20yr copyright patent on the Uptown's expired the year the Bapesta's released (82-02).

Back
Top Bottom