2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I have several warren pieces. I got basically all the bucks gear cause I'm a huge bucks fan and thats what turned me onto him in the first place. I also have a "shoot your local heroin dealer" hoodie and the joker shirt. Being into vintage as well he def takes "inspiration" from some pieces lol. I own the first dunks too, but I have both the fugazi 1s as well. I def don't consider them fakes at all. To me a fake or replica is something blatantly trying to be passed off as authentic and attempting to fool people as a complete copy as an authentic or using branding that is a carbon copy of the company. If you want to say his dunks are unoriginal or whatever that would fit as well but I consider them premium bootlegs or a very loosely termed custom. Also, rep factories are producing fakes of his shoes all the way back to the first pair. I could be completely wrong but I belive that pair of Heinekens you posted was a fake, but again could be completely wrong there.
But his use of NBA logos and imagery without permission or consent is equally as fake and corny. Not only that, he's basically plagiarizing the designers' style who made them in the past. It's tryna be something it's not. Vintage sportswear is still out there in large quantities and easily obtainable. I certainly understand that modern NBA apparel designs and t-shirt blanks are not good but there's a plethora of vintage available on etsy, ebay, poshmark, depop, and in thrift stores. The worst part is the price point. He really asked for $300 for some mass produced sneakers that Nike charges $100 for - some of the ones he's ripping off retailed for far less than $100. I have no idea what his apparel retailed for but I can guarantee it was overpriced.

If you plagiarize at work or in school, you can get fired or expelled. I'm glad to see Lotas getting what he deserves.

edit: I think those fugazi 1s are equally trash. I know that there were a lot of ripoff jordan 1s that originally came out in the 1980s too that some collectors have sought but seeing it done now is...fake and corny. I can only reiterate my point of not understanding "designers" making someone else's design. It comes off as phony to me because again, they want (their product) to be something they're not. Plagiarism and copying are wack and I think that any designer that takes pride in their designs that aren't actually theirs are equally wack.

Last edited:
But his use of NBA logos and imagery without permission or consent is equally as fake and corny. Not only that, he's basically plagiarizing the designers' style who made them in the past. It's tryna be something it's not. Vintage sportswear is still out there in large quantities and easily obtainable. I certainly understand that modern NBA apparel designs and t-shirt blanks are not good but there's a plethora of vintage available on etsy, ebay, poshmark, depop, and in thrift stores. The worst part is the price point. He really asked for $300 for some mass produced sneakers that Nike charges $100 for - some of the ones he's ripping off retailed for far less than $100. I have no idea what his apparel retailed for but I can guarantee it was overpriced.

If you plagiarize at work or in school, you can get fired or expelled. I'm glad to see Lotas getting what he deserves.

edit: I think those fugazi 1s are equally trash. I know that there were a lot of ripoff jordan 1s that originally came out in the 1980s too that some collectors have sought but seeing it done now is...fake and corny. I can only reiterate my point of not understanding "designers" making someone else's design. It comes off as phony to me because again, they want (their product) to be something they're not. Plagiarism and copying are wack and I think that any designer that takes pride in their designs that aren't actually theirs are equally wack.
I def appreciate your opinion on the stuff. Most of his nba stuff while redundant, is decently original to him. Like I said I buy and trade vintage quite a bit and agree most of his stuff, especially lately, hasn't been the most original.

you're telling me this homage to a CLASSIC is corny?

steve-madden-malone-taupe-lateral.jpeg

Dunks came out shortly after AF1 shouldn't that copyright patent ve expired too? Dave and Barry also sold an AF1 knockoff with the 'Starbury'.
Those Starbury's aren't knock-offs, they are rip off's though:
1602863405671.png

WL even went as far as to incorporate a swoosh while using the "Dunk" name which is likely patented. I was reading his comments yesterday on IG, and ppl wanted refunds b/c they legit thought it was a Nike sneaker.

I'm just having a difficult time wrapping my head around him thinking Nike was gonna let him pirate their **** :lol:
I’m not claiming to be a patent lawyer like most people suddenly are, but I think the biggest thing he really messed up here was using the dunk name to advertise and promote his product. I believe the patent on the shoe is up, but Nike still has the dunk name trademarked and he stepped on that.
good article:
"At the core of Nike’s success is Air, a line of shoes worshiped as a fashion accessory and admired for its high-tech, gas-inflated soles.But Nike’s “Reign of Air” is in doubt. And the threat comes from the unlikeliest of places: the U.S. Patent Office."

you're telling me this homage to a CLASSIC is corny?

steve-madden-malone-taupe-lateral.jpeg
Brand perception is a ***** b/c i honestly I don't think these are bad (design wise). I don't think these would have caught the flack they do if these were Golden Goose.

My guess is SB Dunks must have a different patent. Since they are designed to be for skateboarding. That would make sense as to why they can sue them for copyright infringement.

It could be that the SB Dunk has a different patent date of 2002, which would mean the patent is still active. The other thing is trademark, which don't expire. Logos, names like "Dunks," etc. are all trademarked. He screwed up pretty big by putting the swoosh on there.

I wasn't sure about copyright for products since it thought that was usually for writing/other forms of art, but I came across this. "A product design that is sufficiently original does have copyright protection as an artistic work." If that applies for dunks the copyright lasts 120 years.

It could be that the SB Dunk has a different patent date of 2002, which would mean the patent is still active. The other thing is trademark, which don't expire. Logos, names like "Dunks," etc. are all trademarked. He screwed up pretty big by putting the swoosh on there.

I wasn't sure about copyright for products since it thought that was usually for writing/other forms of art, but I came across this. "A product design that is sufficiently original does have copyright protection as an artistic work." If that applies for dunks the copyright lasts 120 years.
Definitely. Either WL probably thought he’d get away with it. Staple knows better. At least I think he does.

Definitely. Either WL probably thought he’d get away with it. Staple knows better. At least I think he does.

Staple was dumb enough to sing off on those, so I doubt it. He's probably going to come out with some statement like, "Someone from my team approved this without my knowledge, we will be handling this situation...blah blah blah."

20201016_203652.jpg

My shop finally got these in today, better late than never! Blue or white?
I got these this past week as well crazy cheap from
GOAT (I dunno why the seller sold for $47 plus ship) but not sure if I’ll beat em. They fit well length but narrow for sure. Just got vast grey AM1 for cheap as well and may end up wearing those daily.

the quality is great and the suede is very soft almost velvet-like haha but I have many other pairs to skate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 907
Back
Top Bottom