2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hateful but you called it :lol:

Every year you get tweets like this, it is just a preview of what is to come. You're right though, Parker isn't hating on NBA players

When the next TV contract is signed, the bump in the salary cap is gonna be wild. Amazon is probably gonna bid on some games, plus you got WB/Discovery and Disney now with streaming services they want to get content for too.

When 40 Million dollar contracts will be handed out like candy to every all-star level player, then the real hating begins

NFL players will be talking about how they deserve just as much because they put their life on the line every Sunday. WNBA players tacitly accusing folk of being sexist because they don't think they should be making 40 mill a year too.

It is gonna be nasty

Last edited:
James Johnson can't shoot. If he just took Jeff Green's minutes...that's a downgrade.

He should help in the goon department i guess.
It didn’t dawn on me until P posted that they didn’t have Jeff or Blake’s full bird rights, and both of them dudes played too well.

Tough break for Brooklyn.

Luckily for them Milwaukee lost PJ, Lakers lost both Caruso & KCP.

Last year the team was ravaged by COVID on top of a short turnaround from making it out of the Eastern Conference.

And they lost to the eventual NBA Champions.

COVID issues aside they would've easily been the 4th seed last year and who knows what happens with a different matchup.
lost to the eventual champs but got swept rather easily . All teams dealt with covid issues.

226623595_4951570728204745_6662544219930893634_n.jpg

Last year the team was ravaged by COVID on top of a short turnaround from making it out of the Eastern Conference.

And they lost to the eventual NBA Champions.

COVID issues aside they would've easily been the 4th seed last year and who knows what happens with a different matchup.

ehhhhh everyone had something last year. I didn’t give other teams that excuse.

jimmy was awful in the first round. Couldn’t bully Jrue or Giannis. Bam was completely neutralized as a roll man. Blame what you want. They got swept and were barely cracking 100. All of sudden you add Lowry and I’m supposed to believe that’s going to fix things? He wasn’t better in pick and roll than dragic either.

not rolling.

Riding a fluky Finals trip into oblivion you love to see it.

Paying Jimmy Butler of all people. Couldn't be me.

A lot of these moves. Couldn't be me either. Yet here we are.

One is the first option the other is the third option but okay

Cool. Neither squad is winning anything without them. Just curious as to why the old role players are an issue when what's what Brooklyn has as well for the most part.

Y'all do this every season about the Heat. Always start from the viewpoint that Pat Riley is never going to tank a season. He's never going to intentionally put out a lottery team. He's going to make moves to at least give the team a chance.

The team always ends up better than what y'all predict.
Tremendous run in the bubble, beyond that Miami has only won 1 playoff series since Lebron left.

So “always” & “every season” isn’t entirely off-base.

Y'all do this every season about the Heat. Always start from the viewpoint that Pat Riley is never going to tank a season. He's never going to intentionally put out a lottery team. He's going to make moves to at least give the team a chance.

The team always ends up better than what y'all predict.

What about last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom