2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
but I can;t get over the 117-117 W/L record and only 6 playoffs in 16 seasons.

I can’t put all that on him though. The season before the second SB, they went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. The next year (second SB), they went 9-7. QBs get the majority of criticism/praise for wins and losses, but more than half that career was him running for his life, had zero run game, and some of the leagues worse defenses. Can’t really put it all on him.

I can’t put all that on him though. The season before the second SB, they went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. The next year (second SB), they went 9-7. QBs get the majority of criticism/praise for wins and losses, but more than half that career was him running for his life, had zero run game, and some of the leagues worse defenses. Can’t really put it all on him.
but I also can't unsee it either. Its his team. We're talking about the HOF.

But I get what you're saying

but I also can't unsee it either. Its his team. We're talking about the HOF.

But I get what you're saying

I get that and it being his team, but I mean he can’t be blamed for a **** line and no run game. Organization did him no favors after the 2nd Super Bowl.
I mean just as an example, since 2004 the only other first round picks they resigned were JPP and OBJ. Front office been bad.

Yes Eli has 2 rings but I can;t get over the 117-117 W/L record and only 6 playoffs in 16 seasons.

But the HOF is screwed up when Archie Manning is in. So Eli definitely gets in.
Let me ask you this.

Why do you play the game????

Is it to have a good record and lose in the playoff or superbowl?

Hell naw .. anything but a chip is a failed season.

With that said, the Giants have won 2 chips after the Rams won [21 yeara ago] or even lost in the superbowl [19 years] ....

Hell 3 qtr if not more of NFL teams haven't made it to the big dance at all but yet Eli did it twice and won both time.

Regular season record mediocre .. yes .. but there are a lot of QBs that would give up numbers for chips. His brother arguably one of the best to ever do it year after year .. how many rings?

ESPN hyped GOAT Aaron Rogers has all those numbers and how many rings?

Ya be on some **** ....

All these mocks with Fields dropping to NE...

PFUO.gif
If Fields goes to New England I'm legit jumping ship

Let me ask you this.

Why do you play the game????

Is it to have a good record and lose in the playoff or superbowl?

Hell naw .. anything but a chip is a failed season.

With that said, the Giants have won 2 chips after the Rams won [21 yeara ago] or even lost in the superbowl [19 years] ....

Hell 3 qtr if not more of NFL teams haven't made it to the big dance at all but yet Eli did it twice and won both time.

Regular season record mediocre .. yes .. but there are a lot of QBs that would give up numbers for chips. His brother arguably one of the best to ever do it year after year .. how many rings?

ESPN hyped GOAT Aaron Rogers has all those numbers and how many rings?

Ya be on some **** ....
Why would I play the game?

To make money. Rings are overrated to me. PAY ME. In this case, Eli did both (won Super Bowls and made $), so he won.

But Rodgers has 1 ring and is still 10 times better than Eli though. Not sure what more should be discussed on that matter.

Eli's losses came towards the back half of his career, so its misleading.

I get it. He really did have the ultimate career.

I get Giants fans are gonna back their guy but the Eli thing really doesn’t require a whole lot of nuance.

Dudes entire career played out in front of all of us, a relatively ridiculous number of games on prime time TV.

I just don’t understand how someone can sit back and watch Eli‘s play over the course of his career career and say:

“that’s an absolute top player at the QB position”

“That’s a HOF level performer”

He's gonna get in because of his family name and individual legacy but based on skill and aggregate performance, he's no where close to being up to par.

people forget that eli was on the verge of being a bust if the GIANTS (not him) didnt have that super bowl run in 07

Who cares... he’s got 2 rings... both against the GOAT and all time Dynasty of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom