2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

think about it conversely though...how many shops won’t sell a tee or hat or skate deck to someone that wouldn’t have bought it if they weren’t in the store trying to buy dunks...now multiply that by however many extra items they’d sell per release, then multiply that by the amount of releases per month, per year, etc...the impact is significant imo
A lot of them backdoor anyway. **** them.

what percentage of people that buy sb dunks skate?

im 39 and when i take my kids to the skate park i see 0 dunks...i probably see vans more than anything...

i actually hate going to skate shops to look for shoes, when you ask for nikes at a skate shop customer service is TERRIBLE...i dont mind going to buy gear for my kids...but even that stuff can be found online cheaper

what percentage of people that buy sb dunks skate?

im 39 and when i take my kids to the skate park i see 0 dunks...i probably see vans more than anything...

i actually hate going to skate shops to look for shoes, when you ask for nikes at a skate shop customer service is TERRIBLE...i dont mind going to buy gear for my kids...but even that stuff can be found online cheaper
You won’t see them because they’re so hard to get manually that when you do hit you don’t want to skate them. A lot go for 3 times retail or much higher on reseller sites. It all sucks for those that just want to wear them.

i totally understand...i havent been able to buy a dunk since the truck pack and i try on snkrs...but i expect the L...i wouldnt skate even if i could...i cant get hurt these days and run a family...

but im just saying...the adults that work at skate shops act like d!cks just because they have access to a shoe...and if these shoes are impossible for skaters to get/use why should they even be sold at skate shops anymore?

Last edited:
SB forum gives me the sads. I've known that Nike wanted to do DTC since like 2017 but to see them do this to skate shops feels like a violation. If you know the history of Nike trying to make this happen its a slap in the face. Then they like to throw up them snippets on SNKRS including talk about shops, the culture, etc. :smh:

Then they like to throw up them snippets on SNKRS including talk about shops, the culture, etc. :smh:

i understand what youre saying...but dunks are for hype only now...it really has nothing to do with skating anymore...and i dont think theres anything really wrong with that, its just the way things changed over time...

if the sb dunk was for skating it would be available just like lebrons/jordans/kds/kyries are available for basketball players...i can buy any basketball shoe at almost anytime for me or my kids...it should be that way...if they stop selling these shoes at skate shops and they start becoming available everywhere thats a win for everyone except collectors/resellers

I personally don’t want to see SBs in stores like FTL, Champs, FNL etc. Definitely regular dunks should be though (it’s a basketball shoe). I say Nike should keep the SBs at skateshops but simply flood more (make more) pairs for the skateshops to sell and make them mostly in store only to purchase and this problem would be solved. It’s really not that hard. I don’t know what Nike is trying to prove with all this SB hype and scarcity at this point. You’ve got the peoples attention with the dunks Nike. Let the people have the shoe! Shouldn’t have to be this hard to get some damn dunks smh. It’s to the point where every release is almost fully unattainable for the actual price of the shoe. **** is getting old. Make more pairs!

Last edited:
Sick of reading the complaints in here. Do I miss being able to call active mail order and order buck dunks over the phone? Sure. But even that wasn’t easy back in 2003.

A lot of you have amnesia because it wasn’t THAT much easier back in ‘02-‘08 when SBs had their first big wave of hype.

Im not buying the concern about skate shops losing their accounts either. Because I know 99% of the people like “it’s unfair to shops!” don’t even skate and have no business inside a Skateshop but to buy dunks. Just another excuse for y’all to use when you take that L :lol:

Okay, so I JUST got some interesting news from a shop owner. Be prepared if your local is a SMALL SHOP! Nike has been thinning out smaller shops accounts for a minute now BUT they may be doing EVEN MORE cuts coming soon. Nike is IN LOVE with going DIRECT TO CONSUMER! They’ve made it CRYSTAL CLEAR to some shops that are interested in opening accounts and some shops that already have accounts, that DIRECT TO CONSUMER is the way they’re preferring to go. It’s more money for them AND they are going to do what it takes to cut out the middle man (skate shops). Be on the lookout.
Nationwide trend, it seems. Especially with the pandemic.
My kentuckys have misaligned stitching as well. Good thing is that stockx picture also has that misaligned stitches. QC man, nowadays is whack.
Where were kentucky/brazil/st johns/samba/syracuse/champ colors made? Vietnam or China? This question for anyone.

Just in and swapped to sb black laces. Kind of digging them. White in vaneers and plums. Blacks in ceramics.

20201202_195251.jpg
:emoji_fire: Doing the same thing. Took the black laces out of my Shadows and put them through the washing machine the other day to freshen them up.

Sick of reading the complaints in here. Do I miss being able to call active mail order and order buck dunks over the phone? Sure. But even that wasn’t easy back in 2003.

A lot of you have amnesia because it wasn’t THAT much easier back in ‘02-‘08 when SBs had their first big wave of hype.

Im not buying the concern about skate shops losing their accounts either. Because I know 99% of the people like “it’s unfair to shops!” don’t even skate and have no business inside a Skateshop but to buy dunks. Just another excuse for y’all to use when you take that L :lol:
The difference is you had to put in work to get stuff. Now the barrier for entry is do low, anyone and their grandmother's can enter raffles and sell on stockx.

Sign of the times.
Online sales have shot up. And the pandemic forced sales to new heights.

Nike needed outlets then, to spread inventory and sales. Now it’s a 180.
Greed. . .

Sign of the times.
Online sales have shot up. And the pandemic forced sales to new heights.

Nike needed outlets then, to spread inventory and sales. Now it’s a 180.
Greed. . .
The greed has always been there. I still think once they see how well they do with DTC they're going to start their own Verified by Nike™ resale brand. Same **** Ticketmaster did. Its a sunk cost to pay people to fight these bots that constantly evolve when you can just as easily get your cash from the original sale, then basically collect royalties in the form of fees for that product changing hands for the rest of its life.

Shops have been getting shafted the whole time anyway. For years they were forced to stock Nike products that rotted on shelves. Now that SBs are hot they have such low inventory that they can't profit from the hype (unless they backdoor.) On top of that you have to incorporate new raffle systems and deal with crazy people behind the scenes that we don't even hear about.

Yeah shops get exposure, but I doubt that really translates to sales for 99% of them.

Back
Top Bottom