2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Bucher is far from the guy with the inside info but I would love it to see people get all upset. Everyone hates "stacking the deck" when it's not their team doing it.
I don’t even think GSW would want to mortgage their future at this point. Would imagine that Brooklyn would want Poole + Kuminga + Moody/Wiseman + picks?

I don’t even think GSW would want to mortgage their future at this point. Would imagine that Brooklyn would want Poole + Kuminga + Moody/Wiseman + picks?
Thats pretty much what I have read/heard. I doubt it happens but I am all for the impending consternation from people if this picks up steam.

Thats pretty much what I have read/heard. I doubt it happens but I am all for the impending consternation from people if this picks up steam.
I don’t even think it’ll catch the same type of hate/blowback this time. 2016 was literally just the perfect storm. Cannot see KD wanting to go there though. Millennial to the core. Seems like he gets bored with this **** easy.

it does fit KDs odd demand of going where there are 2 other all stars

if this happens forget about Bron, Steph gonna pass MJ, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

good lawd

curry kd.jpg

Don’t see how Brooklyn comes away with no picks here. Kevin Durant is still Top 7 at worst
I can see BKN getting 1 of those picks

Mitchell is worth 3 picks. Bridges 1 pick. Turner 1 pick

Don’t let the jazz Gobert trade cloud your judgment. They got a bunch of bench players. BKN getting 3 starters.

But yes Simmons Thomas and 5 picks is OD for just Mitchell and quite ridiculous

I believe Nick Wright part of this point so I need to give him credit for this but he said that the best analogy for a Kevin Durant trade is the Lakers trading Shaq in 2004. You can make the argument that Shaq in 2004 was actually a better trade piece than Durant is now. Shaq was coming off of a Finals run and all he was able to get was Brian Grant, Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and one first round pick. The Lakers asked for Wade in Miami said no

I know Brooklyn is expecting a record haul for Durant but the market just isn't there and I don't expect them to get any mammoth offers. Durant will be 34 when the season starts, He's played about 40% of the games over the last 3 years, He's stated that he only wants to play for a handful of teams and he's shown that he's willing to request a trade at any point during his contract. It wouldn't even be a smart move for a team to gut their roster to get KD.

I believe Nick Wright part of this point so I need to give him credit for this but he said that the best analogy for a Kevin Durant trade is the Lakers trading Shaq in 2004. You can make the argument that Shaq in 2004 was actually a better trade piece than Durant is now. Shaq was coming off of a Finals run and all he was able to get was Brian Grant, Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and one first round pick. The Lakers asked for Wade in Miami said no

I know Brooklyn is expecting a record haul for Durant but the market just isn't there and I don't expect them to get any mammoth offers. Durant will be 34 when the season starts, He's played about 40% of the games over the last 3 years, He's stated that he only wants to play for a handful of teams and he's shown that he's willing to request a trade at any point during his contract. It wouldn't even be a smart move for a team to gut their roster to get KD.
No team will gut their roster like they would for Mitchell. Age is a huge factor. Whoever gives up the haul for Mitchell are betting in being great 2 years from now.

With durant if you do that you’ll be with a 36 year old durant who will be slower.

If BKN only wanted picks. They would get tons of teams lining up with 4-5 picks but they don’t. They want an all star and players and picks.

NBA money is just different. Even compared to NFL players other than star quarterbacks.

Rob Gronkowski is a first ballot Hall-Of-Famer and arguably one of the best ever at his position, but at around $70 million in career earnings, he’s like $30 million behind guys like Evan Turner and Derek Favors, who became pro athletes the same year (2010) as Gronk.

(I just heard this on the radio today).

Being a football GM and a player outside of QB has to be annoying as ****. You search for your franchise QB then when you find him, you have to exhaust most of your cap to sign him long term and it hamstrings your ability to fill out the rest of the roster.

As a non-QB, you know the payroll is eventually going to hell when your team finds that franchise QB so you might be SOL.

Then not to mention the contracts are not guaranteed. Yikes.

Shout out to the Browns for gaming the system in order to sign Massage Watson, though. That was a slick lil’ move

Myles Turner, Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson and 4 picks is STEAL for the nets. But they won’t bc they are idiots

Myles Turner, Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson and 4 picks is STEAL for the nets. But they won’t bc they are idiots

“STEAL” is strong for that haul IMO. Who are you trading Myrie for? If it is Rust, are you buying him out? Regardless, you would have a **** ton of cap space next summer with Myles and Rust (potentially Joe Harris too if you can squeeze him into the Myrie trade) off the books, a ton of picks and a core of Ben Simmons, Nic Claxton, Patty Mills and Mikal Bridges….IONO

“STEAL” is strong for that haul IMO. Who are you trading Myrie for? If it is Rust, are you buying him out? Regardless, you would have a **** ton of cap space next summer with Myles and Rust (potentially Joe Harris too if you can squeeze him into the Myrie trade) off the books, a ton of picks and a core of Ben Simmons, Nic Claxton, Patty Mills and Mikal Bridges….IONO
Damage control at this point. KD is 34 and a drama Queen. That drops his value.
3 highest of quality starters and 4 picks is a great deal.

Russ
Oneal
Bridges
Simmons
Turner

Russ 47 off the books with 2027 lakers pick, 4 Phoenix pick, cam Thomas, edwards.

Not a bad reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom