2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Trea Turner Slide GIF - Trea Turner Slide Dodgers - Discover ...

WELCOME HOME MY GUY

Paying a guy that relies on speed until he's 40 seems like a bad decision to me?
Same with the Harper contract. Lower ABV spread out. Not necessarily expecting them to be elite on the back end of the deal, hope they just bring you one ring.

Philly fans showed up big time this post season. They paying for his contract :lol:

they went longer for it to become a team friendly deal with the lower AAV

ala Harper contract

they both want to help improve the team

Phillies now have someone on the roster who has beat the Astros in the World Series.

Nats are my favorite team in all of sports but I can’t live like this much longer

2FBB8F05-70B7-49A0-9CC4-61CE59DE4478.jpeg

Same with the Harper contract. Lower ABV spread out. Not necessarily expecting them to be elite on the back end of the deal, hope they just bring you one ring.

Philly fans showed up big time this post season. They paying for his contract :lol:
I think those contracts age better with power guys. Speed goes a lot earlier than power. Turner is a great player but he'll be 30 next season and doesn't have too many years left with that speed. Good for him though, it's a great contract for him.

they went longer for it to become a team friendly deal with the lower AAV

ala Harper contract

they both want to help improve the team
Turner went longer to get more guaranteed money. He didn't do it to be friendly to his new team.

Belle, Bonds, Roger not getting in is nuts. Belle has no allegation of use either, man was ridiculous.

Great move by the Mets, respect it. Big money.
I joked when he didn't get in that he should pull a Mr. 3000 move and come out of retirement for a Team who will let him blast 7+homers to take him over 500, then he'd get in.

Turner went longer to get more guaranteed money. He didn't do it to be friendly to his new team.

Spottrac had Turner looking at around 33M AAV

Instead the Phillies like they did for harper DID the same thing with this contract to lower the AAV to HELP build the team up better

the Lower AAV helps the phillies

Phillies outfielder Bryce Harper says he structured his contract to help the team bring in and keep high-impact players on the team, including J.T. Realmuto​

you dont think Dom/turner had the same talk ? if not let me get what you smoking on fam pass that ****

Phillies will focus on pitching now with the extra money like i said earlier with the $34M

Phillies got to fill a HUGE position that they needed for only 27AAV AND can still build the roster out

Back
Top Bottom