2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

X xxpizzo 😂😂 what’s the context behind the @ - is that what he said? 😂😂

few post back he told me turner didnt do it to be friendly to the team

obv 300M talks but this is Dom we talking about and he has a way of doing signings - he gets players at lower AAV with long contract to help build out the team

players obv gotta be on board

Spottrac had Turner looking at around 33M AAV

Instead the Phillies like they did for harper DID the same thing with this contract to lower the AAV to HELP build the team up better

the Lower AAV helps the phillies

Phillies outfielder Bryce Harper says he structured his contract to help the team bring in and keep high-impact players on the team, including J.T. Realmuto​

you dont think Dom/turner had the same talk ? if not let me get what you smoking on fam pass that ****

Phillies will focus on pitching now with the extra money like i said earlier with the $34M

Phillies got to fill a HUGE position that they needed for only 27AAV AND can still build the roster out
You really that homer huh? Got it.

They took the most money they could get, just like 99% of the players out there.

but hey im just a fan of a team i know nothing about LOL

dblplay1212 dblplay1212

Turner got more money than any other team was offering. He didn't care about the years, he wanted $300m. He did it to get the most money, not to be team friendly to his new team. If he was being team friendly, he's have done 5 years for %100m to show how a great a guy he is.

People really go weird for players they want to homer for. Turner signs for $300m and dude talking about it being a team friendly deal. The ****? His legs will be gone at 35 and you're paying $30m a year for a solid but not spectacular player at best. At worst he's Jacoby Ellsbury. Godspeed.

damn right i sure am a homer 4-4 across the board and if you wanna add MLS make it 5 for 5 with the Union

people really go weird?

it just me @ me my guy im right here, noone else going weird in this thread

you keep looking at the 300M LOL

but not the AAV

you a lost soul

When Bryce was signed the luxury tax was $209M. 3 years later it’s now at $230M.

In a decade $25-$30M AAV is gonna look like a steal.

Why is that?

yeah i mean it's a total guess but i feel like announcing that Cashman news only to follow it up with another team signing Judge would be odd. especially cause i think lately people aren't too happy with Cashman (at least my Yankee friends arent). so would be weird to reward him only to lose Judge. like i said, total guess

damn right i sure am a homer 4-4 across the board and if you wanna add MLS make it 5 for 5 with the Union

people really go weird?

but not the AAV

you a lost soul

When Bryce was signed the luxury tax was $209M. 3 years later it’s now at $230M.

I'm looking at $300m bc that's all Turner looked at. You're spinning it in your head that this dude loves the Phillies so much he did them a solid. Na, he just took the biggest check. It's hilarious you can't grasp that.

People said that about Arod's contract too. Nope, it still looked gross at the end. And Cano. And Miggy. Do I need to go on? The last 3-4 years of that contract will be a plague on the team. All of these super long deals for 30 year olds go that way. I can't think of one that didn't end poorly. The first 5-6 can be worth it though.

why they say the Yanks signed him ? he most likely signed himself :smh:

Cahman has dirt on that Steinbrenner family . no way any GM would have that job 25 yrs ...

and due to my track record regarding where players will end up, i refuse to say anything regarding Judge :ohwell:

yeah i mean it's a total guess but i feel like announcing that Cashman news only to follow it up with another team signing Judge would be odd. especially cause i think lately people aren't too happy with Cashman (at least my Yankee friends arent). so would be weird to reward him only to lose Judge. like i said, total guess

Okay, I see what you’re saying. Thought you meant they were like a pair or some ****, knew something I didn’t.

people really go weird?

but not the AAV

you a lost soul

This is an odd take. Don’t think 30 mil a year will look like a steal in a few years if his game changes as some predict.

Restructuring his contract means Bryce will have money deferred to him later?

Bryce signed for 13 years at $325M with a AAV of 25.7

To make the deal work and be able to get other guys on the team they went to 13 years which helped lower the AAV

Trea turner just signed 11 years - $300M @ AAV of 27.27M

To make the deal work and be able to help the team they went longer on years which helped lower the AAV

Bryce aint getting **** deferred we aint the Nats Hahahaha Hahahaha

Trea Turner’s AAV is 27.27 Million dollars, and we still have 34 Million dollars to spend before we go over the tax​

Its really not that hard to understand

Phillies dont care bout 6-8 years from now they trying to win now in say the next 3-4 years

Last edited:
Trea got 300 mil and is covered for a long time.

I don't see the issue with the deal at all.

Sad to see him go.

Someone said the Dodger were really looking at Correa and I thought that would never happen...

Welp....

We ain’t friends?

Noted

-N0T AMiG0

As they did with Harper four years ago, the Phillies worked with Turner on elongating the term of the contract and lowering the average annual value, which is used for luxury-tax calculations. In structuring the contract as they did, the Phillies maintained flexibility to make other moves in the short term.

https://t.co/3Idw9PuGbG

Which is exciting because those 2012-19 years were BRUTAL at least they trying and deff getting fans back in the stadium

No way :lol:

20221205_183306.jpg

Not Tom :lol:

Sheesh Verlander got paid.

Hopefully the Judge news comes soon.

Back
Top Bottom