2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

No way :lol:

20221205_183306.jpg

Not Tom :lol:
:frown:

Everybody trashing the Phillies/Turner signing, please. Average of $27.27 a year will be a bargain in a few years. Look at what everyone says about Bryce's deal a few years back. Dude was MVP last season, and could have been it this year had he not broken his thumb and missed 2 months. Showed his contract was 100% worth it this past postseason. I'm fine with the Turner contract. We're not signing guys for 6-8 down the road. We have a window to win in the next 3-4 years.

Yet, no one is bashing the Mets for signing a 40 yr old to a 2 year $86M deal WITH a vested 3rd year for $35M. If people don't think Verlander isn't gonna end up on the DL at some point, your kidding yourselves. I'll take our contract for Turner over his ANY DAY!

Astros been to the ALCS what feels like the last ten years. Won a few rings and their owner is still cheap as ****. They’ve made so much money off these rings and playoffs, fans should be rioting.
Never. Us losing the world series those two times had nothing to do with Crane. we are 40 million under the tax. Hes paid our own players, and has brought in young players that has won us a title. Crane has never been the issue

but didn't pay Springer or Correa. Which yea, you hit with Pena, but OF still has a question mark and you're still looking to add an OF. Let Cole walk which was fine, resigned Verlander for a year and had a Cy Young year then let walk.

I know Framber had a great year, but what happens if he reverts back to Framber of old, or can't repeat that level of success again? Were ready to unload Urquidy last season and were willing to/talks of leaving Garcia off the playoff roster. Crane now is trying to show he'll spend but some have been overpays. Montero was an overpay for a guy who pitched his first full year in the majors at 32 yrs old. Some analysts were even saying the Abreu signing was an overpay by a few mil per year and saw a decline in power last year.

I think Crane moving away from the analytical approach - an approach that the Astros have greatly benefitted from - is going to hurt them in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom