2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

And there's no cap so it doesn't even matter. Yankees are one of the highest valued franchises in American sports so it doesn't affect them in terms of team building.
It shouldn't but they've somewhat have shown a reluctance the past few years. Just happy they did it.

The Judge situation really underscores how much teams screw themselves by keeping stars underpaid during arbitration.

If you have a home grown star. And it’s evident when they reach arbitration. Over pay then, so you don’t have to compete with other teams.

Yankees could have had Judge 28-35 for what they offered him going into the last season ($214mil, maybe less).
Now they get 31-40 for $360mil.

When he ends that deal at 35, At that point he’s been on the team for 10 years. You can probably save money or years on the age 35-39 contract.

Was necessary for the Yankees to keep him, but so avoidable.

So what was the Giants’ true offer?? They really just going to be a team used for leverage in contract talks??

Kenley to the Red Sox.

Dodgers and Red Sox continue the swapping (I know he was in Atl last year)

Sox pen looking good

Judge 100% made the right choice IMO. He easily makes up that money in other ventures by staying in NY.

He prolly told Steph skr8 up “yo sf is some busters I don’t even wanna go there let’s just eat drink and be merry so I can get more money outta the yanks”

Kenley to the Red Sox.

Dodgers and Red Sox continue the swapping (I know he was in Atl last year)

Sox pen looking good

pen already looks much improved which is cool to see. hope Kenley can get a little closer to previous years but it's still a big upgrade

Giants fans I actually feel bad for you guys tho. Like legit. This was extremely cruel.

Just trust me going forward instead of Haymen tho.

1670428750710.png

Yea, it sounds like Judge wanted to remain a Yankee if the Padres really did offer him $400M.

Could also be a marketing decision.

Back
Top Bottom