2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

If our guys are healthy (DJ, Stanton, pitching staff) I like our chances again. Have we got rid of Chapman yet?

I wonder if Correa should go the mercenary route.

He could get a 3 year offer for $105mil again. Take it with no opt outs. That brings his total to 4 year $140mil including last year.

Enter the market in 2026 with Moncada and Bichette being his only SS/3B competition. Maybe Story who will be mid 30.
Take another $30+ mil a year at age 31 for anywhere from 3-5 years.

Correa will still be a great hitter a decade from now. Question is always injuries. But even with injuries, if he did short term deals here out. He’ll still reach that Trae Turner, Corey Seager numbers for contract value.

I read the article on the athletic and it says the Dodgers can owe Bauer $100 million if his suspension gets overturned

I like the Quintana signing the Mets made. Solid, lefty, relatively cheap. But they still need another ace caliber (maybe Senga?) and another big bat. I don’t know where Bassitt fits into all of this. He’s definitely a good pitcher and he’s one of the few who remained mostly healthy last year. He’s had some hiccups but he shows grit as well.

Not seeing Kenley Jansen in a Braves uniform again.

53B28E65-2B36-4EB0-A0B1-65989BFBC4C3.gif

That's a really weird signing. Tatis to OF? They have so many IF now lol.

Thats the nice thing about having versatile players in Kim, Tatis, and Cronenworth.

Xander at SS, slide Kim to 2B, move Croenworth over to 1B.

Tatis will play in either CF,LF, RF and still play some SS or 2B and DH when he needs a rest.

At the beginning of the offseason they predicted his contract could approach 6-8 yrs maybe $200 mil max. Said as winter meetings approach could possibly pass $200 mil, and signs for close to $300 mil?

Back
Top Bottom