2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

What’s stopping the inevitable Astros vs Braves WS?

While I’d love to see the Braves in the World Series, there is still a lot of baseball left. Their pitching (especially bullpen) still needs to improve. Can’t really comment on the AL. Is Houston better than everyone?

Can’t win them all, hopefully they can start a new winning streak tomorrow.

While I’d love to see the Braves in the World Series, there is still a lot of baseball left. Their pitching (especially bullpen) still needs to improve. Can’t really comment on the AL. Is Houston better than everyone?
Absolutely not.

My issue with him is that he’s not efficient. Meaning he doesn’t pitch you deep into games. He’s pitched 7 innings once all season.
He’s not efficient in the least. Dude had trouble going 5+ his whole career. Went from Cash being the one who “held him back” to realizing Cash just knew he was done at 4-5. Dude has been way better at pitching to contact this year instead of trying to K every batter. He’s got the elite stuff, just not mentally right for Ace status. It’s because he’ll go 0-2 on a batter and turn it into a 9pitch K. Fruit loop *** dude. This year, he’s had several quality starts, something I gave up in believing he’d aspire to much less reach

Is this really possible ?

Screenshot_20230705_081542_Facebook.jpg

Didn't even think about him being a possibility at the deadline but I'd do it.

I don’t know if I’d give up the farm for him being a rental. I’d consider depending on the price.

I think the Yanks can pay him for awhile. Just think it would depend more on if he'd wanna be here. If there was any possibility I'd do it in the hottest of minutes. Judge 2nd , Soto 3rd ...

200w (16).gif

Chances are they won’t. They’ll try to ride it out especially if he keeps his pace hitting. They absolutely should though.

Please keep ohtani out of all all star festivities. Last thing we need is an injury as we shop him

the angels would be insane to trade him and not even try and re-sign him this offseason. and if ohtani has already told them flat out no chance then it's a shame he landed there to start with

this isn't just some superstar who is among the top guys in the game right now. he's different

Problem is I don’t thing the Angels can resign him

yeah...and whether it's them not having the bankroll OR the team/competitiveness to keep him...that's why i think it's a shame he landed there. it sucks for their fans

i know this happens all the time. just feel bad for the fans. especially after interacting with their fans a bunch the past couple days

Angels can't resign him, the big teams won't be outbid. It's now a point of where does he wanna play. I think he stays west and goes either Dodgers or Giants, maybe even Seattle, but i don't see him coming east. Just my humble ..

Problem is I don’t thing the Angels can resign him
If they’re smart Angels would give him a backloaded/deferred contract. By the time it comes to pay that back half Arte Moreno is either dead and/or the team has been sold already.

But at 29, how many years do you sign him for? 5-7 would be ideal for any team but I would imagine he’s gonna want 10+.

Back
Top Bottom