2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

None of that matters.
LAD just lucky they were 2seeded last year because if they were 1 that sweep would have been 4-0 instead of 3-0 and stung EVEN MORE.
Its going to be worse this year as the 1 seed to take the same L 1rd later 😂

I can see it a mile away. Unless I’m blind then who cares
dikembe mutombo no GIF

Mets going with Severino in game 1 tomorrow…not feeling great about that but it’s been a ride I’m proud of the team regardless.

Would be really amazing if Senga decided he wanted to give it a go. The bullpen could use him after how many arms have been used past few days.

RIP.

Still crazy to read/remember when Pete was traded back to the Reds in 1984 he was immediately, that day, named player-manager :lol:

Also, Rose still owns the MLB record for longest on-field suspension of a manager (30 days) - for a fight with an ump.

Rest in peace Pete Rose aka Charlie Hustle aka The Hit King.

I looked up to him before the scandal & I've always wanted to see him
get into the Hall of Fame someway, somehow.

I'm mean honestly the MLB and HOF really screwed this up.

Yes betting on baseball was against the rules and wrong.

But in 2024 with everyone of these leauges in bed with sports betting....and even if they weren't who deserves a lifetime ban over sports betting?

I could see if it was murder or something crazy but who was really hurt by the bets ne placed?

It's crazy to me that sports writers and commissioners try to stand on this super high moral ground.

Someone should have been smart enough o understand that him being in the HOF was going to be due to what he did on the field and nothing else but that...smh

Ohtani is getting celebrated and shoved down everyone's throats after a huge betting scandal. Pete had to pay for it for literally the rest of his life.

Back
Top Bottom