2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Wow. Roy was the best pitcher on Earth at one point. More importantly was a great guy by all accounts. He gave so much of his time and money to charity. And leaves behind a wife and 2 kids. Incredibly sad. RIP.

I wasn't around for 91, 92 blue jays.

I got into baseball watching the post Delgado deeply mediocre bluejays, and the ONLY player worth watching was Roy Hallady take the bump every 5th day.

I was like 12, didn't know anything about baseball, I just read Moneyball and decided to get into baseball, turned on the TV, didn't know much about the game but even at that point I could tell that his 2 seamer, cutter combo with the curve as the putaway pitch was nasty.

Dude was an intense competitor, you couldn't speak to him on the days he pitched but seemed truly and sincerely happy in retirement have, coaching his sons baseball team,

**** is sad man.

What a loss. Roy was THAT good. Couldn’t believe it when I read it.

RIP Roy Halladay

Never forget my first time at Old Yankee Stadium. Was June 3rd, 2008. The place was buzzing because it was Joba Chamberlain's first career start. (Lol)

But I was juiced for a different reason. I was fired up because I got to see Roy Halladay pitch for the first time in person. Had a rough first inning but didnt disappoint.

Was just a pleasure to watch.

Never forget my first time at Old Yankee Stadium. Was June 3rd, 2008. The place was buzzing because it was Joba Chamberlain's first career start. (Lol)

But I was juiced for a different reason. I was fired up because I got to see Roy Halladay pitch for the first time in person. Had a rough first inning but didnt disappoint.

Was just a pleasure to watch.

Pretty certain I saw Doc pitch against the Yankees as well at some point and I low-key remember being hyped I got to see him of all Jays pitchers.

Doc was one of the best to do it. Loved the windup, was unique and memorable. Throw him into the HOF yesterday

Man this is so sad... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom