2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Astors should have their title vacated, and the payers who benefited from it, all players on the Astros roster should be banned for a year. Atuve five years just for being a bratty ***** and Guriel for being a racist scumbag.

Red Sox title should be vacated too. Cora should be banned from baseball, reinstate Pete Rose, it's ridiculous to think he should be banned for life considering these new developments.

manny.png

I wonder if they’ll expose the other teams or just try to sweep it under the rug like NBA did Donaghy

Read in a comment somewhere -

So these players involved made out clean ..
And you cant really affect their win/loss in the coming years.

And their reputations might be tarnished, but how about cementing that tarnation?

Someone commented somewhere - making the players of the 2017 team record public service announcements like “ Hi my name is alex bregman, and I cheated during the 2017 season, and that is not how you play baseball” or some thing like that. All 2017 postseason roster players ?

Idk man. Its harsher than anything ever handed down, but I dont think a “well we’re not gonna try that again” mindset was instilled league wide. A lot of teams upset about the laxness

I don't think all that is necessary. A lot of those guys can all still play with the best of them, imo.

MLB oughta just send all these dudes into some sort of draft lottery. Breaks up the Astros and makes them start from scratch.

Altuve still my guy.

keep the same energy when yall's team gets hit with the 2020 version of the mitchell report.

agreed.

nice deflection. but if you were around in the NFL thread before HOU made the playoffs, you'd know i been saying Bill gotta go and get punished. glad to have you back, tho :wink:

not to derail but been saying BOB needs to go for a couple years now. Been saying that in the NFL and Texan thread. Dude is terrible.

While this is true. I don’t believe every team steals signs in the manner the Astros did.

It’s one thing to reach 2nd base and steal a sign, than to mount cameras with a live feed straight to your dugout.

Picking signs =/= cheating or stealing

If you are dumb enough to get your signs picked with a runner at 2nd base, you deserve it.

Picking signs =/= cheating or stealing

If you are dumb enough to get your signs picked with a runner at 2nd base, you deserve it.

I think he means to the degree the Astros did with the live feed outside their dugout and banging scheme. It was pretty blatant. You could literally "hear" them cheating :lol:

I think he means to the degree the Astros did with the live feed outside their dugout and banging scheme. It was pretty blatant. You could literally "hear" them cheating :lol:

I wasnt disagreeing with him. Sorry if that wasnt clear. But I was trying to reiterate the fact that a runner on 2nd base figuring out the signal sequence is no where in the same stratosphere as to what the Astros did.

I’m sure every team stole signs electronically, but like some have mentioned over and over gain: not in the manner the Astros did. Baseball is THE sport where statistics, especially advanced ones, are indicative of performance and whenever there’s huge discrepancies then you arrive at probabilities; see the 2017 WS splits of Astros.

Notice there isn’t as much beef with the 2018 Red Sox from players, only mentions of beef with Cora. As a Dodger fan I flat out believe Boston was better in ‘18, and if our pitchers allowed runners to get to 2nd base to relay electronically stolen signs then it is what it is, they shouldn’t have allowed initial hits. But to know every single batter knows every single pitch, by as easy as listening to damn trash can bangs, you got me $?&;@! up....

MLB needs to grow a pair and just start letting pitchers and catchers wear earpieces with mics, but I know they fear offensive numbers will drop.

Back
Top Bottom