2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Is he worth the money? Or are the Mariners just cheap?
Probably a little bit of an overpay but would love if he came back. They're gonna go younger and cheaper at 3rd

Remains to be seen if they're cheap if they don't spend that elsewhere though

MLB next year HAS TO get off the final Sunday of the year stuff. Yesterday SHOULD have been awesome, instead no one was paying attention because the NFL dominates Sundays.

You can't beat the NFL, especially on their home turf, just make the final day of the season a Tuesday or Wednesday and stay out of the way. The entire Sports world be watching if the season ended on Wed.

It's literally week 4 in the NFL and that's all the focus nationally on any station, TV or radio.

MLB next year HAS TO get off the final Sunday of the year stuff. Yesterday SHOULD have been awesome, instead no one was paying attention because the NFL dominates Sundays.

I agree but it will never happen. The big wigs of these leagues will never admit their league cant compete with the NFL. The NBA did the same thing with that sham bubble playoffs (sorry CP not directed at you LOL). They will always think they can compete, and they cant.

The season used to end on a Wednesday. I remember that crazy ending to the 2011 season. All those final games were played on a Wednesday.

Makes much more sense to do it that way. Everyone is watching football on Sundays so those final games of the MLB season are an afterthought.

The season used to end on a Wednesday. I remember that crazy ending to the 2011 season. All those final games were played on a Wednesday.

Makes much more sense to do it that way. Everyone is watching football on Sundays so those final games of the MLB season are an afterthought.

+ starting the postseason on the weekend would be much better for attendance + ratings

This is what I'm thinking. I can imagine Kyle taking less money to stay if his little brother signed with the M's. Seattle can sign Corey, play him at 3rd, and move Kyle to DH. I thought this was trash on Dipoto's end though:

And I believe he was the one being most outspoken in the clubhouse when Graveman was traded away. Aside from it being a money issue, there's a huge rift there.

I love seeing games go 15+ man. When teams are down to their lat reliever and gotta consider a position player or using tomorrow’s starter :lol:

Hell nah. I remember being in the east coast for a few weeks trying to watch Dodgers games...had one that went to long extra innings...eff that. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I remember years ago the Angels and A’s had a long *** game. I left the house to go to a bar in the 5th inning. Got drunk, got back to the house at like 1:30am and turned the tv on. I thought it was a replay but then I saw it was like the 20th inning. Sitting in my room like

868DA72C-F0D0-4AA4-9739-803DCFEB1A4A.jpeg

I'm probably the minority, but liked this rule. Only for the regular season though.

Who wants a 15 inning game in June....

I feel the same, I was fine with it as long as it’s strictly for the regular season only. It’s crazy to think we only got 1 extra innings game last year in the playoffs. But they didn’t do the runner on 2nd for the playoffs last year either

I like how for the regular season, hockey does a 5 minute overtime where it’s 3 on 3, and if no one scores, they go to a shootout. But in the playoffs, they’ll play as many overtimes as needed until someone scores.

Baseball is a long 162 game marathon. For the regular season, 9 innings is more than enough time to determine a winner. If you’re not able to, speed things up and let’s move onto the next game while trying to minimize overworking both bullpens in the process.

Now for October, give me some 16-17 innings games in a best of 5 or best of 7 series to where the strategic aspect of managing your bullpens and making moves while taking into consideration there’s other games in that series is fun to watch.

All that said. I could do without 7 inning double headers though.

244477414_10226706903643318_4284089307713543869_n.jpg

wish i was there :lol:

regardless, i can't wait for tonight. Deadset, i extend a spit covered handshake to u my dude :lol::smokin

Back
Top Bottom