2023 Official MLB Season Thread

It’s funny we hear about the unwritten rules and trying to run up the score when up 7-8 runs but the MLB tries not to call a game in the 8th or 9th inning during a rainstorm while having a 10+ run lead.

Bauer gets 3 years for 2 cases.

Deshaun Watson got 936 cases and his salary increased...... **** you Roger.

I know you’re a dodger fan but Idk if you should be defending this guy. A 3rd accuser just spoke out.

5759A7F2-DC85-4137-8558-0B175EFBD5DE.jpeg

Im guessing this is what prompted the suspension today.

I'm not defending him, I was just expounding on the disparities of the penalties between those two players who legitimately committed acts of domestic violence, and Bauer who was accused but ultimately wasn't charged due to facts and insufficient evidence.

Now, if Bauer committed domestic violence like those two, then he definitely should have been punished like them.

That's terrible if he truly is a serial sexual predator with two others accusing him. I'm curious if MLB has conclusive evidence that warranted the length of his suspension that hasn't been divulged yet.

But I should have known there were red flags with him before the Dodgers signed him. When he was with the Indians, I remember when he cut his pitching hand on a rotor blade trying to build a drone on his day off, and he had to stop pitching in a game thereafter because his cut pitch hand was bleeding onto the ball. I also remember when he threw the ball over the center field wall out of frustration when Terry Francona pulled him out early, prompting him to go off on Bauer.

I actually didn't have issues with the Dodgers backing out of trading for Aroldis Chapman after the 2015 season when reports surfaced he was accused of domestic violence and actually firing a gun in his garage after that dispute. I understood they had to protect their image and it would have been bad optics with him on the team due to his detrimental acts, especially with L.A. being a media capital.

Reactions: HIM

Mets should have made that rumored trade for Hoz during spring training :lol:

:pimp:

Last edited:
So Kershaw set the franchise record for strikeouts at 2,697. Got me thinking depending on how much longer he wants to pitch could 3,000 K’s be a possibility? Also was wondering if who would or could be the next to 3,000. Honestly don’t know if we’ll see anyone soon. These are the active starting pitchers that are the closest:

Grienke 2,815
Kershaw 2,697
Sale 2,059
Price 2,044
Wainwright 2030
Bumgarner 1963
Anibal Sanchez 1726
Strasburg 1718
Cueto 1710
Cole 1694
Darvish 1616
Lance Lynn 1591
Kluber 1562
Morton 1507
deGrom 1505

Doesn’t look too promising.

Grienke should get there as long as he plays enough this year and in 2023

25 games with a 4 K avg and he's gucci

Grienke should get there as long as he plays enough this year and in 2023

25 games with a 4 K avg and he's gucci
After watching him here in Houston last year, he was a twice through the lineup maybe pitcher and pitched more to contact. Could be a struggle for him.

After watching him here in Houston last year, he was a twice through the lineup maybe pitcher and pitched more to contact. Could be a struggle for him.
Had 120 K's last year still. He doesn't need that much sitting at 2800.

His rate can be still way below a good average and he'll get it as long as he's healthy.

THAT suspension for THAT length doesn't happen off just allegations.

-foe
Sounds like it happened off allegations, though.
I know you’re a dodger fan but Idk if you should be defending this guy. A 3rd accuser just spoke out.

5759A7F2-DC85-4137-8558-0B175EFBD5DE.jpeg

Im guessing this is what prompted the suspension today.
The third accuser (according to Bauer) is not only the one who introduced him to choking during sex BUT, all the way up until 2019 she was sending him videos performing sexual acts on herself wishing it were him and another 139pics/texts/videos all together. I mean, dude may be a POS, but his 3rd accuser, man…..what is her angle? He got her salty at him, that’s for sure.
The incident where she claims he choked her out and she later woke up on the floor preceded heaps of texts/pics/videos that she sent him.

So Kershaw set the franchise record for strikeouts at 2,697. Got me thinking depending on how much longer he wants to pitch could 3,000 K’s be a possibility? Also was wondering if who would or could be the next to 3,000. Honestly don’t know if we’ll see anyone soon. These are the active starting pitchers that are the closest:

Grienke 2,815
Kershaw 2,697
Sale 2,059
Price 2,044
Wainwright 2030
Bumgarner 1963
Anibal Sanchez 1726
Strasburg 1718
Cueto 1710
Cole 1694
Darvish 1616
Lance Lynn 1591
Kluber 1562
Morton 1507
deGrom 1505

Doesn’t look too promising.
He’s at 2700 now. Needs 300 more. If he can stay healthy the majority of the year, no reason he can’t be at 2800 by end of the year.

He’s at 2700 now. Needs 300 more. If he can stay healthy the majority of the year, no reason he can’t be at 2800 by end of the year.
I think He’ll be well over 2800 when this season ends. He’s already at 30 after 4 starts and he’s faced some good offense this far. Detroit was probably the worst. This should be a 200+ K Seqson for him.

Back
Top Bottom