2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

8824533B-FC4C-4215-AEDA-A877A5E649B5.gif

Which is kind of funny because they don’t really spend like that on free agents, let alone their own guys.

FB_IMG_1668563522893.jpg

Wonder how good he really was ...
This is misleading. Russ was like a sophomore or Junior at NC State during this draft and both Bryant and Judge high schoolers. Bryant went 2nd overall in the ‘13 draft, with Judge at #32 that year too.

That’s what I mean tho. Just don’t come back to the States if they decide to throw the book :lol:
Feds ain’t gonna let ‘em chill in Korea while he’s playing ball :lol:

Just sucks that he has kids, that’ll probably stay in the US (I don’t think he’s with his baby momma)

You want this?
Articles says,

"It's going to take a seven, eight or nine-year deal for $265 to $300 million. Maybe more," Wolfson continued, noting that the Twins are "open-minded" to giving Correa multiple player options, perhaps even an opt out after the 2024 season."

I could see him taking it and opting out after two years because of the flexibility that could give him. But if he never opted out and lived out the contract we're talking about paying him until 2030, which is too far away. I would hope for less.

It's not likely any of it matters based on DraftKings odds to sign Correa right now:

Cubs +280
Cardinals +550
Twins +550

Back
Top Bottom