2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I guess he couldn’t handle the big lights and different type of fans Chicago have.

As someone who lives in Chicago and can provide an unbiased opinion of fans here…fans are loyal to their teams but there is absolutely zero “big lights” pressure out here. They’re extremely accustomed to failure; they’ll complain a bit about their teams being trash but will still go to games because it’s too damn cold or barren to do anything else out here for half the year.

LA fans might not show up to games if the teams are doing poorly, but the amount of pressure to win now is on a whole different level than Chicago. Teams get blown up in LA for one year of failure/mediocrity; how often does that happen in Chicago?

Stadium experiences here are awful IMO. Granted I’ve only gone to games here against Bay Area teams that consistently blow them out, but the Chicago fans that show up to games are practically silent and busy chatting with themselves the entire game. Haven’t heard any passion ever out here except for some stereotypical stuck in the 80s Uber drivers yelling at the radio

Last edited:
Dodgers and Yankees relationship good. We look out for each other.

Now reciprocate by not going for Yamamoto and we can be besties.
ezgif-4-7b2900d6b7.gif

A lot of y’all don’t understand that Ohtani is really show time. I saw him play multiple times at different stadiums last year, and every game was a sell out and an experience. He’s literally a cultural icon.

Pretty sure everyone acknowledges this.

People being wowed by the richest contract in history is normal.

As someone who lives in Chicago and can provide an unbiased opinion of fans here…fans are loyal to their teams but there is absolutely zero “big lights” pressure out here. They’re extremely accustomed to failure; they’ll complain a bit about their teams being trash but will still go to games because it’s too damn cold or barren to do anything else out here for half the year.

LA fans might not show up to games if the teams are doing poorly, but the amount of pressure to win now is on a whole different level than Chicago. Teams get blown up in LA for one year of failure/mediocrity; how often does that happen in Chicago?

Stadium experiences here are awful IMO. Granted I’ve only gone to games here against Bay Area teams that consistently blow them out, but the Chicago fans that show up to games are practically silent and busy chatting with themselves the entire game. Haven’t heard any passion ever out here except for some stereotypical stuck in the 80s Uber drivers yelling at the radio

arstyle27 arstyle27

why does that flight exist?! :lol:

Canada can blame this man's salt

Following up on this, there are way more flights like this than you’d think. In the private/corporate jet sector, a lot of times passengers want to fly out of different airports. It is pretty rare, unless going to places like teterboro or west palm beach that you can have passengers leaving from the same place you just flew into. Likely what happened, they flew passengers to Ontario. The next passengers that would be scheduled on that plane wanted to leave from Burbank. So the plane repositions from Ontario to Burbank to pick up the next passengers with just the flight crew onboard (no passengers).

Following up on this, there are way more flights like this than you’d think. In the private/corporate jet sector, a lot of times passengers want to fly out of different airports. It is pretty rare, unless going to places like teterboro or west palm beach that you can have passengers leaving from the same place you just flew into. Likely what happened, they flew passengers to Ontario. The next passengers that would be scheduled on that plane wanted to leave from Burbank. So the plane repositions from Ontario to Burbank to pick up the next passengers with just the flight crew onboard (no passengers).

now that you mention it, repositioning makes sense. for sure not a commercial flight (unless a stop/stopover I suppose like you said).

I thought it was a rich dude using private jet to fly 40 miles lol, or the most wasteful commercial flight ever.

There is nothing funnier than someone thinking thier opinion is a fact...
I've had the good fortune of traveling alot and I've been to many sporting events across the world. I'm obviously biased because I'm a Chicagoan, but that doesn't negate the point I made at the beginning.

I've had the good fortune of traveling alot and I've been to many sporting events across the world. I'm obviously biased because I'm a Chicagoan, but that doesn't negate the point I made at the beginning.

It's clear you are biased, which makes your opinion just that...an opinion.

wait a Mother F'ing minute?
TWENTY NINE?
Dude is 29?...............oh my lord.
Jesus Mary and Joseph.
I didn't know that, not sure how I didn't but no way man............

Exactly one of the reasons I said this deal was stupid. They really think this guy's gonna be this player throughout this contract ? Enjoy

^ its always an overpay for a free agent with great talent... ohtani is on another level though so hence why the contract is a lot more...not even mad he got paid... just glad my favorite team didnt pay him that contract lol

I remember during his Japan Final pre-game speech he brought up a Mookie too.

He was like “don’t be starstruck by Mookie Betts” :lol:

I don’t think anyone was but him :lol:

Please tell me a Yankee fan who just gave a 31yr old already battling injuries a 9 year contract isn’t saying this. Enjoy :rofl: :smh:

9 Yrs for a guy who's the best at his position, had 1 major injury crashing into a wall and still almost hit 40 hrs is not a bad deal. Now paying $700 mil for a "pitcher" who's on his second arm surgery and will wind up a dh in a couple yrs sounds like a better deal ? 350 for a hitter fine, 350 for a guy who went 10-5 with a 3.14 era is not worth that much. Forget the hitting, are any other pitchers gettin 350 with those stats ?

9 Yrs for a guy who's the best at his position, had 1 major injury crashing into a wall and still almost hit 40 hrs is not a bad deal. Now paying $700 mil for a "pitcher" who's on his second arm surgery and will wind up a dh in a couple yrs sounds like a better deal ? 350 for a hitter fine, 350 for a guy who went 10-5 with a 3.14 era is not worth that much. Forget the hitting, are any other pitchers gettin 350 with those stats ?
I’m talking about years of contract. Not money. Dodgers will make that back 5 times over with ease. You want a superstar player? 9-10 yr deal is the fee or else your team will never get one. It’s the price you have to pay.

FYI: Big/tall players don’t age that well. Your guy will be DHing in a couple years as well :lol:

A lot of pot calling the kettle black in your posts :smh:

Here you go. Enjoy…

Back
Top Bottom