2023 Official MLB Season Thread

if the Yanks would've signed him to this deal with the same deferred payments u people ( and everyone else ) would be going apesh*t. so with that i say THE DODGERS RUINED BASEBALL !!!!

it's not fair to the rest of us who can't afford these moves. give other teams a shot, not fair how these rich teams just throw money around like everyone has it. give some of us a chance too :angry::angry:

it's not fair .....

We could have easily afforded this.

Giants too.

In the long run he will be. Money today is not the same tomorrow.

But the PA might really not be able to do anything like someone mentioned anyways.

I don’t know if they can or can’t.

They can't.

And if he leaves the country to collect that money and doesn't pay taxes...

He won.

We could have easily afforded this.

Giants too.

i know, just felt like cryin like everyone else does when the yanks do sign someone. can't tell tho it'd be alot different if he did this deal for the Yanks. i need this season to get crackin ...

From The Athletic:

For competitive balance tax, or luxury tax as it’s called, the expected average annual value on the Ohtani contract is said to be about $46 million per year, people briefed on the terms said. The $46 million average annual value is still the highest in MLB history, topping the $43.3 million average annual value Max Scherzer received in 2021. Baseball’s collective bargaining agreement makes clear that there is no limit on how much salary a player and team can agree to defer. The CBA also includes a net-present-value calculation for luxury-tax purposes — a calculation that estimates the value of a player’s contract on a season-by-season basis. That’s how the $46 million figure is determined.

The contract has a 20-year lifespan with two 10-year periods. The Dodger payments will be even throughout the two 10-year periods, meaning Ohtani will make $2 million each year from 2024 to 2033, then $68 million each year from 2034 to 2043.

if the Yanks would've signed him to this deal with the same deferred payments u people ( and everyone else ) would be going apesh*t. so with that i say THE DODGERS RUINED BASEBALL !!!!

I thought Braves Twitter was unbearable before he signed, now I have to listen to all these clowns cry. I swear I absolutely loathe the Braves fan base on social media. :lol: :smh:

In the long run he will be. Money today is not the same tomorrow.
He gone move out of California in a decade and duck those state tax bills.

I think he's technically a remote employee at that point and won't be subject to performer tax, state tax, etc.

He gone move out of California in a decade and duck those state tax bills.

I think he's technically a remote employee at that point and won't be subject to performer tax, state tax, etc.

Japan have some pretty high taxes bro.

There is a reason they have a state of the art public transportation system all throughout the country along with free healthcare.

Japan have some pretty high taxes bro.

There is a reason they have a state of the art public transportation system all throughout the country along with free healthcare.
Who said anything about moving back to Japan? :lol:

i know, just felt like cryin like everyone else does when the yanks do sign someone. can't tell tho it'd be alot different if he did this deal for the Yanks. i need this season to get crackin ...
I think most of us would have actually been shocked that Cashman could pull something like that off…

We talking about the same guy? Yankees fans have been trashing him for a while now :lol:
Him being the longest tenured GM is an actual fact though.

Your comment was made as if you’d be shocked he’d get something done like he hasn’t been around for 4 rings, 6 WS appearances, 23 playoff appearances and 28 winning seasons since he took the job.

What Yankee fans have been “trashing” him for has been the lack of accountability and him resting on his laurels, being satisfied with what he had done, and trying to continually play it safe the last almost decade.

Him being the longest tenured GM is an actual fact though.

Your comment was made as if you’d be shocked he’d get something done like he hasn’t been around for 4 rings, 6 WS appearances, 23 playoff appearances and 28 winning seasons since he took the job.

What Yankee fans have been “trashing” him for has been the lack of accountability and him resting on his laurels, being satisfied with what he had done, and trying to continually play it safe the last almost decade.
So questioning him getting something this “creative” done is that wild?

Back
Top Bottom