2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

That racist piece of 💩 Ty Cobb must be rolling in his grave now that Josh Gibson has officially surpassed him as MLB's all-time leader in batting average with the recent integration of Negro Leagues stats in the MLB database. 😆

Would you rather she crap all over the move? I mean she praised the move. What else would you want her to do?
Honestly, how she/her family feels or thinks about it is irrelevant. Her grandfather is his own person. If he were alive, that's who's opinion would matter.

Would you rather she crap all over the move? I mean she praised the move. What else would you want her specifically to do?

We know people say things in public that they don't mean in private.

I'm glad she said it but you never know and judging some of the "outrage" I'm seeing, the Karen community is not happy with this....

Honestly, how she/her family feels or thinks about it is irrelevant. Her grandfather is his own person. If he were alive, that's who's opinion would matter.
Ok but he’s not though, and now she’s speaking for him and the family (so not irrelevant). Just like Sean Gibson, the great grandson of Josh Gibson, is speaking for him and their family.

We know people say things in public that they don't mean in private.

I'm glad she said it but you never know and judging some of the "outrage" I'm seeing, the Karen community is not happy with this....
Oh I totally get that and understand. Let the Karens Karen. We know who they are.

She also could refused to have said anything at the end of the day. She chose to praise the move.

I don’t blame him

Terrible look for the organization? Yeah definitely

Is he right? Yeah definitely

Pham wasn’t kidding tho

giphy.gif

Sighs LFGM 😭

Am I tripping or are people misunderstanding what he’s saying because of his accent/slightly broken english?

Here’s what I got.

“No I don’t regret it. I think that I’ve been looking (like) the worst teammate in the whole ****ing MLB”

Am I tripping or are people misunderstanding what he’s saying because of his accent/slightly broken english?

Here’s what I got.

“No I don’t regret it. I think that I’ve been looking (like) the worst teammate in the whole ****ing MLB”
A reporter asked him if he meant “teammate” and not “team” and he said “both” :lol:

Think there was just a misunderstanding with the language barrier. This is why Ohtani uses a translator when he can speak broken English :smh:

Reactions: HIM
A reporter asked him if he meant “teammate” and not “team” and he said “both” :lol:

Think there was just a misunderstanding with the language barrier. This is why Ohtani uses a translator when he can speak broken English :smh:

I think it was the same reporter, Steve Gelbs.

I’d like to hear a Spanish interview to see if he really meant to say that. Doesn’t matter though, he’ll forever be remembered for this. Probably the end of his career too.

Yea, look at the **** Gelbs is retweeting now.

Even guys like Vlad Sr chose to use a translator even tho he could speak Wnglish. Better safe than get DFA’d because a white reporter misquotes you :lol:

Last edited:
I think it was the same reporter, Steve Gelbs.

I’d like to hear a Spanish interview to see if he really meant to say that. Doesn’t matter though, he’ll forever be remembered for this. Probably the end of his career too.

Yea, look at the **** Gelbs is retweeting now.

Even guys like Vlad Sr chose to use a translator even tho he could speak Wnglish. Better safe than get DFA’d because a white reporter misquotes you :lol:

Colonizers ruining careers smh

#GelbsGate

IMG_5289.jpeg

This is what Jorge posted on IG. Gelbs says otherwise. Somebody’s lying. The Mets ****show Continues.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Back
Top Bottom