2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I like every move the Phils and Matt Klentak have made this off-season. Briefly touched on this after Santana signed in December. His three-year deal will end up looking like a bargain compared to Hosmer's albatross contract. Adding Arrieta to the top of the rotation with Nola gives Philly veteran stability and playoff experience/success. Plus Sixto developing in the pipeline, remains to be seen if he can fulfill the lofty "Baby Pedro" comparisons that Carlos Martinez and Yordano Ventura (R.I.P.) were also once saddled with. Also appreciate that Kapler is proactively tinkering with Hoskins in the outfield. Swapping him from left to right depending on hitter tendencies, to mask his lack of range and instincts as the weakest Phillies defensive OF. Kapler and Alex Cora will have a sizable impact on the modern trend of hiring former players with limited managerial experience. Ausmus didn't quite achieve the desired results in Detroit and Matheny has been successful without fully reaching the pinnacle of baseball as a manager.

I like every move the Phils and Matt Klentak have made this off-season. Briefly touched on this after Santana signed in December. His three-year deal will end up looking like a bargain compared to Hosmer's albatross contract. Adding Arrieta to the top of the rotation with Nola gives Philly veteran stability and playoff experience/success. Plus Sixto developing in the pipeline, remains to be seen if he can fulfill the lofty "Baby Pedro" comparisons that Carlos Martinez and Yordano Ventura (R.I.P.) were also once saddled with. Also appreciate that Kapler is proactively tinkering with Hoskins in the outfield. Swapping him from left to right depending on hitter tendencies, to mask his lack of range and instincts as the weakest Phillies defensive OF. Kapler and Alex Cora will have a sizable impact on the modern trend of hiring former players with limited managerial experience. Ausmus didn't quite achieve the desired results in Detroit and Matheny has been successful without fully reaching the pinnacle of baseball as a manager.

Champ

:wow: :wow: :wow:

891EF954-D4C0-4A7C-AF48-C4FFAAC11668.jpeg

Damn. Moustakas back to the Royals for 1 year $6.5 million.

He rejected a qualifying offer earlier in the offseason too. Ouch. Boras took an L on this one.

He rejected a qualifying offer earlier in the offseason too. Ouch. Boras took an L on this one.
"Moose" has a chance to earn another $2.2M in incentives this season, but you're right, basically cost himself at least $8.7M this year by rejecting the QO.

Not by any means is Boras a saint, but even the better sports agents have difficulty navigating a historically slow FA market such as this current one.

Both Boras and Moose look like greedy fools. This off-season can be called The Reckoning.

Neil Walker to the Yanks for $6 mil, great deal again by Cashman. As a mets fan, Cashman is the guy I want.

Surprised the Yanks arent doing more for their starting rotation. Their bullpen is amazing, but the starters are injury prone.

This dude Moustakas went on to say "it felt like I never left"..... it's because you didn't leave :lol: .

NL West: Dodgers
NL East: Nationals
NL Central: Cubs
NL WC: Mets, Brewers

AL West: Astros
AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Indians
AL WC: A's (why not), Angels

Back
Top Bottom