2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

1725370727540.png

these are SBs?!

lookin straight like a retro journeys exclusive from 2005
200.webp

Did the sizing on SB Dunks change again within the last few years? I know after 2011 they run a half size smaller but it seems like in the past couple years they fit even another half size smaller. I got the Safari’s and they’re unwearable whereas a 10 in the cherry fruity pack ones is perfect.

What sites can I trust nowadays?

Personally I only use Ebay as a secondary market. I like seeing what I am buying and only trust myself to legit check. As far as selling, I think Ebays authentication service is the most transparent. I like that they use an independent 3rd party instead of doing themselves which seems like a conflict of interest imo. Any issues I've had involving the authentication dept as a seller were always handled well by Ebay. I got burnt selling on stockx and GOAT. I have never trusted buying off stockx and have only copped a gew used shoes off GOAT because I was able to see the pair I was buying.

I fortunately haven't been burned by either GOAT or StockX. Granted, I don't buy too many pairs these days and have been more selective on releases. I've found good deals through eBay, just have to be cautious and review all photos and even the seller/seller rating. Idk why eBay allows folks with a rating less than 90% (I prefer to buy from someone with a 100-98% rating, with recent feedback) to continue to selling.

With the inconsistencies straight from the source (Nike, NB, adidas, etc….) how are you telling fake from legit these days anyway? Unless you have a legit pair in one hand, and fake in the other. Even then, I’ve seen comparison pics with pairs right next to each other, and it’s difficult to tell.

lol speaking of fakes last weekend I saw someone skating some clear as water fake dodger dunks

These things were bad no thickness to any panels just flat didn’t even look like suede tounge tag was all off

Felt bad for dude so when in rotation I passed it to him

Looked over later dude was greened out cold

Poor guy

With the inconsistencies straight from the source (Nike, NB, adidas, etc….) how are you telling fake from legit these days anyway? Unless you have a legit pair in one hand, and fake in the other. Even then, I’ve seen comparison pics with pairs right next to each other, and it’s difficult to tell.

I dont pay over retail. My Ebay cops over the years were all steals I found on older pairs. I am lucky to have a SB plug so I dont need the secondary market for new releases, and if i dont hit Js on snkrs I just kim and go for the next retro. If i was copping newer releases I would use pics from trusted sellers to compare to the listing I am looking at. I think only copping from trusted sellers is another way to lessen the chance of fakes. People can also post on here for legitchecks as well as the reddit /repsneakers. Nobody should be getting scammed with fakes. If a price is too good to be true, dont fall for it.

Edit: I miss the nsb-org days with the dunkpedia. I used to use that religiously when I picked up pairs off Ebay.

Back in the day it was somewhat easy to spot fakes. Even “good” fakes had telltale signs.

I’m pretty much retail or bust, or the rare occasions I’m willing to pay over retail if I miss, it’s usually something that’s not too sought after, so hopefully that puts things in my favor as far as ending up with a legit pair.

Anyone who caught a SNKRS dub for those Chameleon Sablones get any kind of tracking update? Mine still says "awaiting UPS Pickup."

What was weird was I never got the e-mail noti, but received the "Got Em" screen this time.

Spoke to CS, and at first she was like "I don't see your order." Once I gave the order number they were like "oh yeah It says it's slated for the 5th."

She assured me that UPS picked it up but most likely they missed the scan(?). Told me to check back tomorrow and follow up if no update or package received.

I'm fine either way, since I wanted to wait in person to see if I was going to keep them or not but sucks having the funds already withdrawn and having to deal with the worse case scenario.

Back
Top Bottom