2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Picked up the Brazil yesterday from that shop yeezysb posted but I didn't want to post them until I made sure they were legit. Need to get those navy/red highs tho, right after those FTC hopefully.

http://guilforddairyskate.com/

Owner name is Kevin I believe, seems cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Anyone Explain Why These Don't Have The Fat Tongue Thanks

For a period of time during the blue box era, dunk lows were made with skinny tongues only. If you look closely you'll be able to see the same skinny tongues on pairs like anchor mans, supermans, chrome ball lows, and miller high lifes, as well as a bunch of others I'm not showing. It was just a change Nike SB experimented with, similar to taking off the straps of mids then putting them back on 

I have school so there is no way for me to get the premier restocks. I'm taking it as a blessing. I'm saving money. As pong as nothing I want drops I'm fine

FTCs need to hurry up.
They look 10000x better in low lIght

I'm assuming your in high school or in college? Just do what I did, I brought my laptop to class on days when I knew a site was gonna drop some releases.If you don't have a laptop, hit the computer lab. :rofl:

I want those Squadron Blues but I just spent 230 on the Black Toes and and $140 on the 3Ms (shipped) and I am saving money for if something good comes out of these premier restocks.

I have school so there is no way for me to get the premier restocks. I'm taking it as a blessing. I'm saving money. As pong as nothing I want drops I'm fine

FTCs need to hurry up.
They look 10000x better in low lIght
If its high school: ask to go to the bathroom and let's hope you gotta fast phone lol

For a period of time during the blue box era, dunk lows were made with skinny tongues only. If you look closely you'll be able to see the same skinny tongues on pairs like anchor mans, supermans, chrome ball lows, and miller high lifes, as well as a bunch of others I'm not showing. It was just a change Nike SB experimented with, similar to taking off the straps of mids then putting them back on 

Thanks Bro REPPED On The Info .. I Like The Fat Tounge Way Better Than The Skinny One

Question #1: What are your thoughts on female sneaker heads? Do you respect them for their collections or do you feel like they're just collecting for attention? Are they misrepresented in the community? What are your experiences with them?

As most have said, I'm indifferent. I'm a curmudgeon anyway; I SMH at 98% of the people involved in the hobby anyway, regardless of sex. It's foul though that women are often accepted in this hobby or not on the basis of their looks and not their passion or knowledge.

Question# 2: With sneakers being such a big part of your life, have sneakers ever influenced what women you've dated? Has sneakers ever gotten a woman to become interested in you romantically? Stories?

My biggest kinship comes with a friend's wife. She's not into sneakers, but into clothes and fashion in general. Her husband doesn't really care about any of that stuff, so she's always telling him how I'm the only one of his friends who understands her. But, basically, I've never dated a woman who cares about sneakers. My wife puts up with me and the fact that we basically have an entire bedroom full of racks of shoe boxes and bins of gear. The one thing that we do that I find kind of funny is that she loves 80s and 90s TV, so she'll always pause an episode at some point when you can see somebody's shoes and call in me in the room like, what are those - what year, etc.

Question #3: If you had to give away all but three pairs of the sneakers in your collection, what 3 would you keep and why?

Geez. This is really tough.
a. 1995 black/white pebbled leather NYC AF1 highs
b. '99 White/red Jordan Vs
c. probably an AM95 - maybe '97 Neons - but even with 4 pairs, they'd only last a combined few months before they all disintegrated.

I'm reinterpreting this as having to wear only these 3 pairs. If I had to actually give anything I didn't pick away, then financial value would have to play into the equation - there's no way I'd give away stuff like OG metallic 1s, "45" sample XIs, etc.

Question #4: What's a sneaker that is SUPER HYPED now, that you remember releasing and passing on or copping with ease? What makes it SO hyped now, and do you think it's justified looking back?

There are so many answers here. I remember 1994 1s, 2s, and 3s sitting at all kinds of retailers for 29.99 - 49.99. I remember Infrared VIs in 2000, or whatever, getting marked down. And, of course, you have stuff like Laneys, Toro Bravo packs, etc. But, I'm actually going to say something against the grain - I don't think OG and first gen retro Jordans are hyped enough!!! I mean, if you go by what the market says, you can get more for a pair of 3M-less 2010 Flint 13s than a pair of OGs. That's insane. My dude from a consignment store told me that literally he presented some kid buying Flint 13s with the 2010 and 2004 pairs at the same price, and the kid chose the '10s. "They're whiter," he said. MIND. BLOWN. We've actually reached the point of the tail wagging the dog - today's "sneakerhead" actually prefers crap to quality. It's downright insane. So, I would love to see the OGs and high quality early retros reclaim the relative standing they deserve, as far superior to today's trash releases.

Last edited:
At the airport catching flight to Miami right now. Thought I'd take a pic of my SB's that I'm rocking, nothing special.

Great responses guys!!!! Damn good reads! I guess it's my turn!

#1: I mos def think female sneaker heads are misrepresented in the community. My experiences with female sneaker heads have varied. Some I've met have been SUPER into it. I had a home girl that was a basketball player and she had ALL the Supreme Highs. She had a ton of dope stuff and we would argue all the time about sneakers. She loved something and I'd hate it, I'd love something and she'd hate it. We agreed on so little but I respected her for her knowledge. Sadly, the Galaxy madness made her quit and sale her stuff. She said it wasn't fun anymore and she was tired of dealing with some of the people in the lines. Last time I talked to her she had NO regrets. Some shoes tempt her, but it'll never be like it once was for her.

I've also met the female Hypebeast. Clearly doing it for likes on Instagram. Being loud and yelling about nothing in the line. I've also met guys that do the same thing though.

Side note: As fine as I think Khrysti is, she had no business making that type of entrance onto NT. She clearly was trying to set a thirst trap and because no one bit, she hasn't been seen or heard from again on NT. I don't doubt that she may be into sneakers but she needs to stop trying to use her *** and **** to get everywhere in life.
mean.gif

#2: I wouldn't say that I've ever dated a girl because of sneakers, but I've seen some girls with kicks on that caught my eye. My sneakers have sometimes gotten the attention of females, but I know how to dress as well. Women like well dressed men.

#3:

1.) Sole Collector Cowboy 5 Dunk High - This was the sneaker that me into collecting sneakers, period. It TOOK ME 6 YEARS to find a pair in my size. My grails! 
nthat.gif

2.) Nike SB Trickstar Dunk Low -  I consider this THE DUNK LOW SB of all dunk lows. It's just SO timeless and low key.

3.) Air Jordan Cement 4 - This was sneaker that got me into Jordan's. I chased this since 1999. 

#4: Hands down, it's the Doernbecher 6. I remember  when the DB series was dropping, they'd restock MILLIONS of times.

The 6 was the only one I wanted. Was able to get a pair through a phone order and everything was all good. Ever since then the collections resell value has skyrocketed and the DBs have becoming the resellers dream. SMH.

my CB lows still have fat tongues.. must be a sample pic.

these come to mind as well..

best non fat tongue sb low IMO..

Back
Top Bottom