2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I was out of town and missed the WOF release. Is $130 fair? I haven't found much better for a size 12. 

I paid 120 shipped from premier when they dropped so 130 isn't horrible a little high though seems like a bunch of shops were posted for box
On point^

$130 is pretty much around what everybody paid shipped. Unless you grabbed a pair in store from a shop that sold at box price, you probably paid around $120-$130. Not a terrible price imo.

Anyone see this kid vasilegotkicks on Instagram. 4 pairs of yellow lobsters, 3 pairs of Freddie's, iron maidens, the whole city series on top of two pairs of mags and other stuff. Still looks like he's 15. Parents must be loaded lol

Anyone see this kid vasilegotkicks on Instagram. 4 pairs of yellow lobsters, 3 pairs of Freddie's, iron maidens, the whole city series on top of two pairs of mags and other stuff. Still looks like he's 15. Parents must be loaded lol

4 pairs of Freddie's actually...

My first question is obviously how? And my second is why?

...It's guys like this that make the hobby not fun. And I'm not hating on the kid just because he's got some valuable shoes. I'm hating on him because imo, he's only got the shoes cuz they're valuable.

Last edited:

what'd you pay might I ask?
275, think thats pretty decent considering other prices ive seen

Black thought, you might need to pull out the chair gif, if i remember your vegas pictures correctly you have the red lobsters right....Were those just an exclusive QS to concepts when they dropped? 

275, think thats pretty decent considering other prices ive seen
$275, $450 or $100, the only thing that matters is that you're happy with your purchase.
THIS! I always tell people this when they bag on others for spending a high amount on a certain pair of kicks. It all comes down to how bad YOU really want the shoe, and how much money you have to spend!

There's always one salty dude with no money talking about "wowww I'd never pay more than retail for ANY shoe no matter what" lmfaoooo  
roll.gif

THIS! I always tell people this when they bag on others for spending a high amount on a certain pair of kicks. It all comes down to how bad YOU really want the shoe, and how much money you have to spend!

There's always one salty dude with no money talking about "wowww I'd never pay more than retail for ANY shoe no matter what" lmfaoooo  
roll.gif
I don't know if you are referring to me, I'm not salty was just curious to know what he payed 
indifferent.gif

Couldnt of said it better sir.

Osyrhiz forgot to mention it but i think it was in july, your picture in wdywt of your mid realtree camo sb's has me hunting
Hopefully you land them soon homie...

Those are one of my fav blue box releases but I rarely find the time to rock em....

Good Luck!

4 pairs of Freddie's actually...

My first question is obviously how? And my second is why?

...It's guys like this that make the hobby not fun. And I'm not hating on the kid just because he's got some valuable shoes. I'm hating on him because imo, he's only got the shoes cuz they're valuable.

Not to rehash the old convo, but you can take solace in the fact that most likely one or more of those Freddys are not legit.

I don't hate kids like that, it''s just that to me, not everybody's collection (or opinion, for that matter) counts.

He can enjoy all the expensive kicks he wants - and I hope he does, whoever he is.

But, if you are trying to "floss" there are rules to this stuff. And, the number one rule is that if you live with your parents, your collection doesn't count - at least not in terms of bragging.

Those of you who follow my IG know I'm also a graff junkie, and there are a number of good analogies to be made between kicks and graff that provide insight into what "counts" and what doesn't.

1. If you don't rack your paint, your ups basically don't count. This covers the mommy and daddy credit cards kids.
2. I don't care how amazingly you can piece on a legal wall, if you can't tag and haven't done your thing illegally, you don't count. This goes for the kids who have a closet full of $1000 shoes, but don't have basic, OG "heat"
3. Normally, it's throwies over tags, and stompers over throwies, but you could be doing a full on wildstyle piece, if you so much as clip a legend's tag you're dead wrong. Young bucks can get loose with their or their parents' wallets all they want, but these dudes need to stay in their lane.

Not to rehash the old convo, but you can take solace in the fact that most likely one or more of those Freddys are not legit.

I don't hate kids like that, it''s just that to me, not everybody's collection (or opinion, for that matter) counts.

He can enjoy all the expensive kicks he wants - and I hope he does, whoever he is.

But, if you are trying to "floss" there are rules to this stuff. And, the number one rule is that if you live with your parents, your collection doesn't count - at least not in terms of bragging.

Those of you who follow my IG know I'm also a graff junkie, and there are a number of good analogies to be made between kicks and graff that provide insight into what "counts" and what doesn't.

1. If you don't rack your paint, your ups basically don't count. This covers the mommy and daddy credit cards kids.
2. I don't care how amazingly you can piece on a legal wall, if you can't tag and haven't done your thing illegally, you don't count. This goes for the kids who have a closet full of $1000 shoes, but don't have basic, OG "heat"
3. Normally, it's throwies over tags, and stompers over throwies, but you could be doing a full on wildstyle piece, if you so much as clip a legend's tag you're dead wrong. Young bucks can get loose with their or their parents' wallets all they want, but these dudes need to stay in their lane.
funniest **** is when those dudes talking about "they got money" no.... your parents got money you didnt earn **** so stop talking like you made it 
laugh.gif

I used to get mad about kids like vasilegotkicks now there's no point in it anymore. The fact is having the shoes he has isn't impressive because he didn't work for them. And honestly there's a few IGers who I feel the same way about. I'm not gonna put names on blast but honestly there's no awe in shoes anymore.

Anybody can have a PE if they're willing to spend the money for it. I mean it's always been like that but now it seems so much easier. How many people have posted their Oregon Js or PE Lebron's? It used to be that shoes like this would wow people but now it doesn't. And I think it's because for a shoe that's supposed to be "limited" they seem really easy to get. IMO I'd be more impressed with someone who has a pristine set of early year SBs > all these PEs. And not the super hype ones like Heinekens, Tiffs cuz those are too easy. I mean like some super clean Supas, Zoo Yorks, Chocolates, etc. But that's just me. I'm not gonna hate on the kid for stuntin on IG that's what it was made for. But I won't respect him because he didn't put in work and he picked easy shoes to get those IG likes.

Co-sign everything in BIP's post.

Kids want what comes with the shoes, not the shoes themselves. Word to Clark Kent.

Big reason why I stay away from sneaker conventions. I love shoes and I have a love for the hobby, but I refuse to go by someone else's definition of "heat" or grade another man's collection I hate the term to be honest. Whenever I wear a shoe that's suddenly "rare" that I grabbed off clearance or ebay for dirt cheap years ago, people ask the dumbest questions. Theyre just shoes. Can't take em with you when you go so why treat one better than the other based off of some arbitrary "value" others place on them? Same people who buy a fancy whip just to look at it. Spending your money solely to humble brag is a pretty sad way to go through life.

Big reason why I stay away from sneaker conventions. I love shoes and I have a love for the hobby, but I refuse to go by someone else's definition of "heat" or grade another man's collection I hate the term to be honest. Whenever I wear a shoe that's suddenly "rare" that I grabbed off clearance or ebay for dirt cheap years ago, people ask the dumbest questions. Theyre just shoes. Can't take em with you when you go so why treat one better than the other based off of some arbitrary "value" others place on them? Same people who buy a fancy whip just to look at it. Spending your money solely to humble brag is a pretty sad way to go through life.

Truth. Repped. Good word. Learn something everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom