2024 Wrestling Thread | Friday Night Wrasslin' | R.I.P. Sika Anoaʻi

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Didn't know Christian Bale was a fan.

200.gif

This made me chuckle today.

There's melanin in his soul
Nro icon Cody Rhodes
Doin it for the culture my G
When blacks are down, Cody's there
And he knows how to braid hair
The thing he puts his kid in regularly... is CORNROWS
His father said "blacker the berry, the sweeter is the juice."
SWEETER
When Lesnar took Kofi's first championship away
I felt defeated
But then when Cody won those feelings went away
Those thoughts were yeeted
CODY. RAHEEM. RHODES
ONE OF MY FAVORITE NROS
Where Cody starts, racism ends!
Wakanda's leader.

Last edited:
Finished up episode 2. Was really good. I remember hearing about Goldberg and was mad i couldn’t experience that. Growing up no cable at the house means i missed in the entirety of the Monday night wars.

I think as much as people hate Bischoff you have to give him his flowers for what he did to make WCW the powerhouse that it was but like all good things, with him being the only one in charge it was destined to burn out. Like Icarus he flew too close to the sun and eventually he crashed and burned.

This made me chuckle today.

There's melanin in his soul
Nro icon Cody Rhodes
Doin it for the culture my G
When blacks are down, Cody's there
And he knows how to braid hair
The thing he puts his kid in regularly... is CORNROWS
His father said "blacker the berry, the sweeter is the juice."
SWEETER
When Lesnar took Kofi's first championship away
I felt defeated
But then when Cody won those feelings went away
Those thoughts were yeeted
CODY. RAHEEM. RHODES
ONE OF MY FAVORITE NROS
Where Cody starts, racism ends!
Wakanda's leader.

Yall gotta cut that Cody stuff out man. Any man with a USA flag in his neck ain't down for your cause. Same dude that told his WIFE he doesn't see her color.

All the cookout jokes. All of it. :emoji_thumbsdown:

I'm not hip, they saying Cody a try hard?

I think DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican already mentioned this before, having them add Turner people in this doc certainly adds a different pov to the machinations happening behind the scenes during that time.

I feel to us fans, not seeing the corporate money side of things and how those in charge really saw and felt about wrestling, especially that NWO era. We were content with our PPVs and weekly shows but never understood that corporate America still detested wrestling and saw it as a clown show.

Nah BLACK people like to treat Cody like he would be a Lottery pick in the Black Draft Lottery. Honestly, not quite sure when it started or where it came from but I see it a LOT.
I see the humor in the video I posted as more poking fun at the "ending of racism" Cody that began in AEW. Black man to Black man, I completely understand you not finding humor in the jokes and/or the people who are actually seriously thinking Cody is black. That's completely mark behavior and I think you know that I am not in that category.

Also, I get your offense with the cookout thing from NXT as well. I don't get offended, because I look at stuff like that from a wrestler's perspective of bringing a bunch of backstage jokes on screen. A lot of times wrestlers do things more so to pop themselves and the boys than they do for the fans. The cookout thing is something I'm sure a lot of the younger wrestlers (who have way different views of stereotypes, racism, and black culture as a whole than most of us do) thought was funny to do on television.

I say all to say, I don't agree, but I understand.

If I hadn't spent multiple hundreds of dollars for these head tattoos, my bald a** would be booking a trip to the Turkees for a hair transplant asap..Don't know why more dudes don't do it..
Let nature run it's course. Bald is beautiful. Look at the list below who went bald and found themselves way more successful.

Michael Jordan
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Charles Barkley
Shaq
Clyde Drexler
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Jon Jones
Steve Harvey

Most of them didn't win a championship until they let the hair go. Raiders probably would've won the Super Bowl if Jerry let those struggle conrows go.

LeBron can't sniff another ring because he won't let it go. Conor McGregor, Paulo Costa, and Francis Ngannou can't get right because they got the hair transplant. They lost their old man strength, power, and wisdom that comes with the baldy. More energy transferring into your skull not being blocked by hair constraints.

Don't listen to me though, I have dreads.

I'm really surprised Shawn Michaels hasn't gone to Turkey yet. You would think he and Taker of all people would do it.

Back
Top Bottom