2024 Wrestling Thread | Friday Night Wrasslin' | R.I.P. Sika Anoaʻi

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn Shingo in the Owen?!

Shingo v Danielson II :emoji_hushed:

danger style danger style
1718241059715.gif

In

:lol: But if this was AEW

Everyone knows wrestling counts the crew and comps in their number.

We've been getting lied to from day one. To quote the late Dusty Rhodes "The only thing that is real in this world is Professional Wrestling." Wrestling tells you it's a work, but when done right, presents as real. Everything else presents as real, but is truly a work.

A lot of people (primarily women) will clown us (primarily men) for loving wrestling but will sit there and watch Love & Hip Hop telling me "This is real. They can't make this up." Wrestling promotes getting in shape, creativity, and having charisma/charm/whit. Reality tv promotes acting like a fool, BBLs, and having no damn sense in your head. Society could learn more from professional wrestling.

I see the humor in the video I posted as more poking fun at the "ending of racism" Cody that began in AEW. Black man to Black man, I completely understand you not finding humor in the jokes and/or the people who are actually seriously thinking Cody is black. That's completely mark behavior and I think you know that I am not in that category.

Also, I get your offense with the cookout thing from NXT as well. I don't get offended, because I look at stuff like that from a wrestler's perspective of bringing a bunch of backstage jokes on screen. A lot of times wrestlers do things more so to pop themselves and the boys than they do for the fans. The cookout thing is something I'm sure a lot of the younger wrestlers (who have way different views of stereotypes, racism, and black culture as a whole than most of us do) thought was funny to do on television.

I say all to say, I don't agree, but I understand.

Back
Top Bottom