2024 Wrestling Thread | WWE Backlash France | 1 pm Eastern/10 am Pacific

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some people here thought Kofi should’ve never been world champ
1-C678-D10-094-D-4559-8-A66-C86955-DAF0-DB.jpg

Lol CM Punk is officially the Best in the Workd, even gets AEWs its best ratings what are these nerds talking bout?

I love Swerve and much respect to all he has done. He's come a long way since I first saw him at Maryland Championship Wrestling in 2014.

The main event title picture should be built around him, Jay White, Billy Goat, MJF, Starks, and Hook. Jay White is getting paid luxuriously and wrestling on preshows, Billy Goat and MJF are the only two actually in that stratosphere television wise, and the last two have been subjected to losing to 50+ year old Canandian WWE legends.

My Open Letter to Mr. Khan,

Tony Tony Tony, this is your 5 year ANNIVERSARY. This does not FEEL GOOD. You gotta stop doing WHATEVER YOU WANT. After you watch Raw tonight, I need you to think to yourself "As I LAY MY HEAD ON MY PILLOW, how would I book this show if I HAD NO LOOT?" I really hope you truly contemplate everything said and that's ALL I ASK OF YOU.

NICE JAHB on the word play if I do say so myself.

8nlyyp.gif

I love Swerve and much respect to all he has done. He's come a long way since I first saw him at Maryland Championship Wrestling in 2014.

The main event title picture should be built around him, Jay White, Billy Goat, MJF, Starks, and Hook. Jay White is getting paid luxuriously and wrestling on preshows, Billy Goat and MJF are the only two actually in that stratosphere television wise, and the last two have been subjected to losing to 50+ year old Canandian WWE legends.

My Open Letter to Mr. Khan,

Tony Tony Tony, this is your 5 year ANNIVERSARY. This does not FEEL GOOD. You gotta stop doing WHATEVER YOU WANT. After you watch Raw tonight, I need you to think to yourself "As I LAY MY HEAD ON MY PILLOW, how would I book this show if I HAD NO LOOT?" I really hope you truly contemplate everything said and that's ALL I ASK OF YOU.

NICE JAHB on the word play if I do say so myself.

8nlyyp.gif

OK, this got me good. :rofl:

Was too tired to post much of anything after the main event last night. Could not be more happy for Swerve. Though, as someone pointed out, it's kinda funny that we're like a month removed from a home invasion/baby threatening gimmick. Dude has worked his butt off, and was justly rewarded. Hopefully he gets a decent run as champ.

Other thoughts from last night:
-How butt hurt do you think the Bucks were, having to follow Danielson/Ospreay? I know I was exhausted from it and didn't pay a ton of attention to them.

-Why is anybody in that company listening to Jericho's suggestions at this point?

-Did anybody else catch Stokely in the background mocking Mercedes little CEO dance she's been doing? :rofl:

-Totally agree with Jahb on who should be in the title picture, with the exception of maybe Hook. I keep thinking they're going to split Jay White off from that crew, and it keeps not happening. Are they waiting for Juice to come back so they can slide him into the trios slot? I would imagine it's hard to justify doing anything with Starks at the moment, as I'd bet he's WWE bound the first chance he gets. Hard to put him in any strong programs if you think he's about to dip.

Why Hook though? :lol: Long term project that needs to be built up slowly. Everyone else has been established for a while.

Man, I wonder how Jay White feels. Like seriously. :lol:

Starks is cool, but I don't see THAT in him to be honest.

But of the folks you listed, I am looking at how they would ideally work.

White: Heel
Bryant: Heel
Hook: Face
MJF: Heel
Stark: Face
Ocean Spray: Face

Who would be other babyfaces in that company that you could elevate?

I like hook but he shouldn’t be mentioned with any of those names listed above when it comes to the AEW Championship. I think he could be a good candidate for the Continental Championship & TNT Title.

Hook and Starks (even Hobbs and Wardlow) should all have been elevated at this point. The fact that the FTW championship is being “legitimized” in AEW is so weird to me. If it was that and the World Title? Cool. But the TNT title is supposed to be their other main belt, right? I’m so confused.

All the the guys I mentioned of the new breed should’ve been built up by now. It’s been at least 4 years of television experience if not the full 5 years. For comparison purposes, Triple H came to WWF in 95 and was champ by 99. Rocky was also less and so was Stone Cold. Granted, all those guys could cut promos, but that’s another failure on AEW production/booking.

How are you both WCW and TNA at the same time? You’re crashing like 99/2000 backstage and following late 2000s TNA in booking of old guys and stars from other companies as your champions.

Hook and Starks (even Hobbs and Wardlow) should all have been elevated at this point. The fact that the FTW championship is being “legitimized” in AEW is so weird to me. If it was that and the World Title? Cool. But the TNT title is supposed to be their other main belt, right? I’m so confused.

All the the guys I mentioned of the new breed should’ve been built up by now. It’s been at least 4 years of television experience if not the full 5 years. For comparison purposes, Triple H came to WWF in 95 and was champ by 99. Rocky was also less and so was Stone Cold. Granted, all those guys could cut promos, but that’s another failure on AEW production/booking.

How are you both WCW and TNA at the same time? You’re crashing like 99/2000 backstage and following late 2000s TNA in booking of old guys and stars from other companies as your champions.

The hate that’s coming your way for this :smh:

Back
Top Bottom