2024 Wrestling Thread | AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door PPV | R.I.P. Sika Anoaʻi

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I basically stopped watching wcw around the time Bret got there. The 200 nwo members and everything else was getting boring and stale.

It was alright through Wolfpack/Black&White. It’s when they brought it back again to NWO silver and NWO 2000 it l became repetitive.

Who Killed WCW: Part 1

What this did differently was it started out talking about the power structure of Turner. Haven't seen a documentary that spent time on this. Yes, it has been discussed by Bischoff and others on podcasts but hearing from Turner executives made this one slightly different.

They also talked about the transition from being a studio wrestling show to a prime time show. Again, it has been touched on but this was given enough time for a thorough explanation.

For that reason alone, I enjoyed episode 1.

Wondering how this show will be mapped out because episode one seemed tk be an overview. Not really interested in the Russo days to be honest.

What did yall think?

@John Laurinaitis

@911392015

@ITO

@Bad Moon Rison

@degenerate423

Case Case

@Warmachine85

Peep Game Peep Game

@King of Trash Style

@JCMojica24

Yeah I thought there was enough different stuff in Ep1 to make it enjoyable. Bret was hilarious too.

How many episodes is this supposed to be? Like 3-4?

I thought they said 4 episodes.

I enjoy someone else doing it outside of the WWE world but then again RocK will always be a Triple K / Vince MKKKmahon puppet so we will how the story gets told.

I'm enjoying Bron Breaker I think he needs to go on a tear but he needs a title honestly.

With the netflix deal I think it would be a good time for WWE to bring in a Television Title. I think there should be more titles to give other wrestlers that shine. The speed title is stupid. European title was a good looking belt back in the day but enh not really relevant now. Cruiserweight might be a good move to re-instate but I think a Television Title would be a nice new title.

Adding a 5th men's title (i'm including tag champs) would help level out the playing field per se amongst the wrestlers. I wouldn't be opposed to Bron taking the IC title as i'm not a Zayn fan.

Someone needs to bring notoriety to the TV title like RVD did for the ECW one and I think Bron's explosiveness would make it a title worth having and vying for.

in title news, here's my current set up in the office.

IMG_9364.jpeg

Still waiting on my ROH title and i just put a deposit down on a classic scratch logo big eagle. The scratch logo big eagle i opted to get a nice CNC version and from this makers previous work 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

Those 2 titles i ordered from known makers so they’re gonna blow these titles out of the water. I may let the IC and winged eagle go to get better versions of them down the line.

The ECW is a figures inc one from like 20 years ago. It’s only 2mm brass but still looks good. I may plan to get an updated one in 4mm with better etching as well as the ECW TV title. I was also looking at the XPW King of the Deathmatch title as a future want as well.

Come on man.

One thing NO company needs is MORE titles.

The more titles you have the less each title means.

And the iron-knee of a TV title for the Netflix show is funny. :lol:

Well i mean i never like when they introduced the Big Gold World title after the acquisition of WCW. When they made an undisputed title that was great but then splitting it so that both brands have a men’s, women’s and tag champs enh. That’s why I’m glad the IC title has remained singular.

And yes too many titles may cheapen the legacy of having a title but when you have so much talent, many good wrestlers aren’t given that push to shine because they’re moved to the side by bigger names.

Yeah it would be hella iron-knee to have a TV title for Netflix but i think someone like Bron should get his shine, so for me give him the IC.

Also had to rep Mami today :nthat:

IMG_9365.jpeg

Should definitely not have 2 sets of tag titles. Should scrap the women’s tag belts.

Would ideally want IC on one show, US on other, and then ONE big belt where champ is on both shows, but the current setup isn’t end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom