24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

The should have just made the Uber credit a $200 pool. And not tied the 5x travel category just to their service.

Then maybe this would be kinda appealing.

So I got a refund for a concert that was canceled and I have a negative balance now. Can someone help out and explain that for me please.

hey fambs

ive been looking into balance transfer cards ... can anyone reccomend a couple good ones with no fees to transfer?

wanting to transfer my 2k balance from discover once the 0% apr is up and a home depot card, thanks guys.

So I got a refund for a concert that was canceled and I have a negative balance now. Can someone help out and explain that for me please.

Pretty sure it just means you have a credit for that amount so the next 100 dollars you spend will be deducted from that.

Pretty sure it just means you have a credit for that amount so the next 100 dollars you spend will be deducted from that.

Exactly

I'm assuming you paid your bill in full for that transaction already? Hence why you have a negative balance that's already paid for. So any charges will be covered by that balance til you charge over what is already paid

I think if you want, you can call your CC company and request that to be refunded back to you bank or whatever you used to make payment

Exactly

I'm assuming you paid your bill in full for that transaction already? Hence why you have a negative balance that's already paid for. So any charges will be covered by that balance til you charge over what is already paid

I think if you want, you can call your CC company and request that to be refunded back to you bank or whatever you used to make payment

Yes exactly I paid it all in full originally had a balance of zero... will contact for that check

Ok team. I'm trying to rebuild. I have to get a secured card. Do you think I should go with one card for $2500 or two for 1250 each with Fifth Third Bank? Also I was considering a secured loan to have a 2nd/3rd tradeline.

Ok team. I'm trying to rebuild. I have to get a secured card. Do you think I should go with one card for $2500 or two for 1250 each with Fifth Third Bank? Also I was considering a secured loan to have a 2nd/3rd tradeline.

If its 1 hard pull, 2 cards wouldn't be a bad idea.

hey fambs

ive been looking into balance transfer cards ... can anyone reccomend a couple good ones with no fees to transfer?

wanting to transfer my 2k balance from discover once the 0% apr is up and a home depot card, thanks guys.
Chase Slate has no BT fee and 15 months 0% - https://www.nerdwallet.com/card-details/card-name/Chase-Slate-Elite

There are also CC out there with small % BT fees but will give you 18/21 months to pay off instead of 12/15 months.

Last edited:
Was catching up in the thread and saw someone mention liking the CSR since it was metal....

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/capital-one-venture-metal-limited-time/
Capital One is making the Capital One[emoji]174[/emoji] Venture[emoji]174[/emoji] Rewards Credit Card  available in metal. Those who apply for the travel credit card beginning Feb. 15, 2017, will receive a card that is “made of stainless steel veneer and is produced with 75% recycled materials,” according to a statement from the issuer.

The offer doesn’t apply to existing cardholders and is available only for a limited time. Capital One didn’t say when the promotion would end.
Online superstore Amazon is rolling out a new credit card that combines the best features of the Amazon Prime Store Card and the existing Amazon Credit Card. Available only to Amazon Prime members, the new Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card offers:
  • 5% back on Amazon purchases.
  • 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores.
  • 1% back everywhere else.
Rewards never expire and are redeemable at Amazon. Your rewards balance appears on the checkout screen when you make a purchase, and you can apply rewards to a purchase in any amount, with no minimum redemption. The new card has no annual fee, but it requires membership in Amazon Prime, which costs $99 a year and provides such perks as free two-day shipping and unlimited access to streaming media. The card has no foreign transaction fees.

Amazon Prime customers who already have the existing Amazon Credit Card, also known as the “Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card,” will be upgraded to the new Prime product automatically. Their existing accounts will start earning the new benefits immediately, and their new card should arrive soon, Amazon said. The new card will be made of metal rather than plastic, latching on to the craze that surrounded the 2016 release of the metal Chase Sapphire Reserve℠.
Those metal cards about to be the new standard 
laugh.gif

That Amazon CC though 
nerd.gif

Once you can make something accessible to pretty much everyone luxurious and "exclusive" you will make a lot of money. I've noticed that over the past few years.

$995 annual fee for a credit card because it gold plated lol .

His CC literally is 1oz :wow: :lol: :nthat:

^^ Honestly, It's hard to go back to a regular plastic credit card after having the heavier metal one.

It's like driving a BMW, and going back to a Civic. :smh:

I already hit the 4K spending minimum for the Sapphire Reserve, now I'm going back to my normal Cash Rewards card that favors my spending habits.

I don't like to hold my wallet anyway, which makes me wish more retailers took apple pay. So far 3 out of the regular 5 stores I shop at use it.

Is it better for me to use my Sapphire reserve for regular purchases or my freedom unlimited?

Back
Top Bottom