24 SEASON 8 OFFICIAL POST........the end of an era.

After season 6 was a bit of a letdown, season 7 really delivered.  Who is pumped for season 8?  Cant wait for the best show on television to return on January 17th.  Post all things related to the season or the show in this thread....but please no spoilers!!!

reg24_kiefer_unsteps_djrv3l_c3f.jpg
24-ep804_sc427_027.jpg
24-ep801_sc126_0500.jpg

24-ep802_sca219-220_0095.jpg

24-ep801_sc121_0495.jpg

24-ep1_sc144_0267_f.jpg

reg24_un_10shot_c2r2_w3cr.jpg
reg24_carwindowkiefer_djrv4_c1f.jpg

Cant wait....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*edit- why cant i use "24" as a tag? anyone know?

I don't watch the show so don't make fun of me lol. But, I thought that each season was consecutive days. For example, this season would be the 8thday. I never got into this show which is unfortunate. It seems so awesome conceptually.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I don't watch the show so don't make fun of me lol. But, I thought that each season was consecutive days. For example, this season would be the 8th day. I never got into this show which is unfortunate. It seems so awesome conceptually.
pick up the first 7 seasons

you won't regret it

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

mad.gif
got me thinkin it was tonite

laugh.gif
I guess you only read half the thread title then huh? Anyways Im getting excited. Is it Sunday yet?

Mary Lynn Rajskub on 24 Season 8
Mary Lynn Rajskub brings humor to 24 just because Chloe can't take anyone seriously, no matter how dramatic the crisis. As herself, she's just a total goofball. We caught her holding court in a roundtable on the new set of CTU: New York, which of course still films in Los Angeles. By season eight, she's good at keeping 24 secrets, but we'd still take her on a headset any time.

Q: Tell us everything you can tell us about this season.

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Well, um… This season there's a terrorist threat and there's this peace conference happening that's disrupted. You're like, "I didn't really want to hear about the plot of the show."

Q: We figured it's hard because no one can ever tell us anything about the plot of the episodes.

Mary Lynn Rajskub: I know. CTU's on a spaceship this year. Not really, but it is underground. It's under Roosevelt Island. My desk is down there. We're paperless.

Q: What do you think of the computer screens being underneath the glass desks?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: This was my design and I hope you like it as much as I do. It's so you can't get to it. Because I often want to smash my computer, but this way there's an extra barrier between being able to smash it.

Q: Is this Chloe's wardrobe for the day or is this just for you?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: This is how I look every day, when I get ready. When I go to take care of the baby and take my dogs out, I put on a power pencil skirt and a nice blouse and pumps. It's just the way I roll. Taking in the trashcans, just super sexy while I do it. "I'm just bringing in the trash cans! It's not a big deal!"

Q: This seems a bit unusual for Chloe too.

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Excuse me? What are you saying? That I have to be in my character, 24/7? Believe me, every year, I'm like, "Can I please wear a bikini and get muscles sculpted?" And they say no, it would be distracting. Every year I go, "Can I please get long braid hair extensions as Chloe? Can I please wear a long robe like Maude?" "No!" Every year, "No."

Q: Who are some of the new actors you're getting to work with this year?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Katee Sackhoff, Mykelti Williamson, Freddie Prinze Jr…. How cool is that? I was pretty nervous when I first saw Katee. I said, "Ah, there's Starbuck!" And then I forgot, and now she's Dana Walsh to me. And Mykelti as my boss, Mr. Hastings, had quite the few clashes already. It's just been really, really fun.

Q: You've been here the second longest of anyone in the cast.

Mary Lynn Rajskub: That's true!

Q: What's it like when new blood comes in? Do you have a hazing ritual? Are you nice to everyone?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: You know, it's just, honestly, those first couple of days where I'm nervous and they're nervous and then we're all in it together after that.

Q: Chloe's had some antagonism with a lot of her coworkers, but obviously as time went on she came to bond with Jack and with Bill. Is this a whole new group for her to clash with, as the season begins?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Yes. I would say there is more clashing than getting around, especially at the beginning, especially since my character has been away being a mom for a couple of years. So I come back and everything has changed and Katee's character tries to be really nice and gives me a pat like, "Don't worry, you'll catch up!" And I just want to kill her. And then Mykelti does not take into account the ideas that I have about some stuff that is going on, and I'm always kind of annoyed with him, as he is with me.

Q: Do you have a nice new headset this year?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: [Sighs] I got a little ear thing, yes, but it always falls off.

Q: It seems like Chloe's the type, after all of these days, wouldn't she get used to, "Oh, here we go again?"

Mary Lynn Rajskub: I thought you were going to say, "It seems like she would just have a computer implanted in her so that she never had to use a headset." It would be, like, under her skin or something. Um… What do you mean?! What are you trying to do? Break the fourth wall? Like I'm gonna stop and look at the camera and be like, "Not this again!"

Q: Is there any sense that she's toughened up because she's handled worse things before?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Well, I think that she has. I think that if you go back and watch some of the earlier episodes, they wrote it very much like I was quoting rules and like, "You've got to do this and this!", and I was lashing out at people. Now I still lash out at people, but I have more of a confidence about, "No, listen to me about this," and I have a stronger bond with Jack. But it's still upsetting, the stuff that's happening. I don't think you ever get used to that. So you know, we're always playing with that. All this extreme stuff happening, but yet it's still part of our everyday jobs. I'm not breaking down into tears every two minutes. But also, Chloe's a mom, so that puts another interesting reason in there to question and to feel differently about what's going on.

Q: How old is her baby now?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: You know what's so weird? I totally just forgot. I think he's two. We can't remember. But Prescott, I do remember his name is Prescott. No, we filmed him! He looked older now. He's like four. We filmed him last year, remember? In the bed? I was like, "Bye, Mommy might die now!" He was like three. He's like three or four… Oh god. I feel a little sick. I'm suddenly like, "Is my son five on the show?" They grow up so fast. He's not one of the primary storylines! The love of a mother is the same, no matter the age of a child!

Q: Are you used to the techno-babble at this point or do you still stumble when they have you say some extremely complicated thing?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: It's weird, because there's a certain rhythm that you get into. Like if I do have guest spots and other jobs and they say, "Here's your second outfit," I'll be like, "I don't know what you're talking about. I wear the same outfit." I'm totally used to that. There is a rhythm, but at the same time I never get used to saying that stuff, because you can't really attach it to anything logical, especially when you're as dumb as I am about computer stuff. I can't even stand updating my Facebook. I just play with Play Doh at home. Finger-paint.

Q: How did your appearance on Always Sunny come about?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: They called and asked if I would do it and I think, I don't know, I was just lucky that they thought of me and I think I was really suited for that part. I'm friends with Kaitlin. We did a comedy sketch show years ago together, so I'm friends with her and Rob through her.

Q: Do you have to flex that muscle to keep it going? The comedy/improv muscle?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Yeah, definitely. I always do standup, sometimes more than others. Mostly in Los Angeles, but I'm doing some shows in different cities. But that's me standing on a stage, essentially just talking as myself. I don't really break into character or something like that, so the thing of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was really fun, because I started playing it real. Not that she's not real, but it just built. We were working on it, kind of creating it on set. "She's got to be weirder. She's got to be grosser." And so it was really fun. I hope she can come back. Gail the Snail.

Q: Where did the idea came from for you to spit on the floor?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Oh, I don't know. I just kept getting grosser and grosser. And then as it went on, this character that you're just like, "I can't even stand standing next to you, because you're just making sounds with your mouth for no reason." She just has too much spit in her mouth. It's so the opposite of the 24 character.

Q: She should show up on 24.

Mary Lynn Rajskub: She'd be in the interrogation room. "I'm not saying anything! They took my pot, man!"

Q: How did your show at the Laugh Factory go?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: That's a weekly show that I'm doing and I did a really cool show, which will probably never happen again, but I had guest actors. It could happen again, but not at this magnitude. I had eight or nine actors from 24 come and do guest performances. That was a really fun show.

Q: Have you had bigger crowds since 24 started?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Um, no. No, do you know how to do that? Should I twitter more? Should I twitter until I get a million?

Q: Given your background and your comedy talent, is it funny to you that you are on this show that is very stoic and serious and action oriented?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Yeah. This has been my life now. It's kind of funny to look back, now that this is the norm for me. But looking back before the show, I never went on dramatic auditions. It was all comedy. In fact, a FOX executive, she no longer works here, but kind of gave me a backhanded compliment, because they would see me for all the rounds of comedy pilots and all the guest starring comedy things. She goes, "We didn't know you could do drama!" I really thought I would get fired those first few episodes. Not that the approach is any different for me, but I think that the perception in the business, I was just used to going out on comedy. That's where I went, you know?

Q: What do you think it is about the character that struck a chord with the audience and the producers? She's survived massive death around her, on a show that's not known to keep characters for too long.

Mary Lynn Rajskub: Well, number one, I think it was Joel Surnow, for bringing me in and trusting to create this character for me and with me and that I did get passed that four to six episode hump, where I was just doing weird things and people were just like, "She's weird and annoying." And then it was the writers writing me being loyal to Jack that I think sort of gave it that extra depth to the character. "Oh, that's interesting!" Because she's not just an annoying, *****y, weird genius, but now we have more stake in here, because she's helping our hero. And then that got really interesting for me too. And people would say to me that they know somebody like this character, that they work with.

Q: What's your stand up act about?

Mary Lynn Rajskub: It's pretty much about my life and this show that I'm doing right now is about becoming a mom. Kind of being a personality that shouldn't be a mom, and then having a baby and not liking it at first.

Bauer of Power
He may be a grandpa, but Jack can still kick butt. Kiefer Sutherland talks about the new season of 24
Alex Strachan, Canwest News Service
Published: Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Jack Bauer true confession: Kiefer Sutherland says he gets no special treatment when he goes through airport security, even in the post-would-be-underwear-bomber era.

"I get in the same line as anyone else," Sutherland told Canwest, laughing and appearing visibly relaxed in an uncharacteristically formal, tailor-made suit and silk tie. No torn jacket or sweat-stained shirt for the man who plays TV's most famous counterterrorism agent -- at least, not on this day.

"I go through the same search as everybody else," Sutherland continued. "They probably talk to me a little more than the other passengers, but that's about it."

" You know, I'm always shocked that the people I'm flying with will say, 'Oh, I feel safer on the plane.' I'm thinking, 'You must not watch the show because everybody around me gets killed.' "

24' s eighth season begins this Sunday on Global and Fox. It has been a remarkable run for the fictional, real-time counterterrorism thriller that first aired in November 2001, just a few short weeks after the 9/11 terror attacks.

Sutherland says he's still stoked to be working on 24, despite the long hours and gruelling demands on his time, onscreen and off.

"This has been one of the greatest gifts of my life," he said quietly. "I've always said that as long as people want us to make it, and people are really interested in watching it, I'm absolutely open to continuing. Right now, though, my focus is on finishing Season 8."

Sutherland says that, even though 24 began filming just five weeks after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, the program was never intended to mirror real-world events. That it happened was an unhappy coincidence, he says.

"Our objective is, and always was, to create this unbelievably fast-paced dramatic circumstance that takes place in a 24-hour period. The fact that it aligned with things that were happening in the news caught us completely off guard.

"I think one of the things that the audience has been able to relate to is that, in our world, there is some resolution at the end. In the context of the show, Jack Bauer and the other characters are doing something about it, and the audience becomes a part of that. I think we live in a world, with regard to terrorism, in which there is this constant fear, and we feel helpless about it. So I think that 24, in many ways, alleviated a lot of stress that people were feeling on a day-to-day level."

The new season of 24 finds Bauer a different man than he was during that first season in 2001. He's a grandfather. He looks more comfortable in a formal suit and tie. He's less apt to mix things up with the baddies -- physically, at any rate.

"I would have to think that Jack Bauer is probably a little slower now," Sutherland said, deadpan. "There's a kind of adrenalin that kicks in when you're actually doing it. A lot of the physical stuff that we get to do on our show comes in bursts. It's not sustained over a 12-hour day.

"I haven't had a break from it for eight years, so I couldn't really tell you what it's like to go away and then come back to it. I was at an event recently for our 150th episode with some of the others who were there from the beginning. They put together a montage from the beginning through the 150th episode, and I remember thinking how cool all of this was. And then about halfway through this little documentary, they showed some pictures of us from Season 1. We realized that we had aged. And we stopped laughing."

In the new season's opening scenes, Bauer is shown playing outdoors with his grandchild. Reminded that everyone but poor old Jack Bauer knows he won't be going home that day with that child, Sutherland laughed.

"It's a guarantee that he's going to have a bad day," he said.

Seriously, though.

"What Howard Gordon and the other writers have done, which was just a fantastic thing for me as an actor, was put Jack in a positive place at the very beginning of this season. It gives him something to fight for. To be able to start the season with some kind of hope and give him something to live for and fight for is an exciting place to be. As much as you kind of acknowledge that at the beginning, it really resonates throughout the later episodes."

Jack Bauer actually smiles for a moment there at the beginning.

"I know," Sutherland said. "It felt weird to do it."

The last time Bauer smiled was in the third season, Sutherland recalled, when he had finally captured the nefarious turncoat Nina Meyers and was flying her back to justice.

"He looked at her and smiled," Sutherland recalled. "And that was about four episodes before he got to shoot her.

"So, this was a different kind of smile."

- 24 returns for its eighth sesaon with a four-hour, two night event, Sunday at 9 p.m. and Monday at 8 p.m. on Global and Fox.

Back
Top Bottom