25+ year old NYC Niketalkers check in (Where are we going to chill?)

the nomad

Banned
As I find myself reaching 30 soon, I find that young twenty-somethings can't afford to eat where I eat, play where I play and club where I club.

My weekend costed $2000 and although I'm not saying I do this every weekend I do play hard at least once a month. Problem is I just about been everywhere in NYC.

What are some suggestions? What does your weekend look like and where?

Break NT fam with some loot, so we can ball out on the weekends with you... I sure you havent been there yet...
roll.gif
nthat.gif

Take that 2k and hop a flight somewhere else.

Miami, PR, Vegas, Chicago, LA, SF, ATL.

Drive to Philly, DC, Boston etc.

Or find a woman, get a few ill bottles of wine and stay home.

Not that complicated.

Lol @ 2K a weekend. I could afford to do it, but I can think of so many other things I could do with that bread. Either way, I'm down to chill, though. Where we going? I can ball out with you once a year.

Lol yea you should have worded this thread a little better, however, I actually understand where you are coming from..My friends are unable to do the things I want to do (I'm not saying I'm a baller or I'm dropping 2 stacks on a weekend) but I'm the only one who graduated from college and has a career out of my friends so our budgets for having fun are different

Lol yea you should have worded this thread a little better, however, I actually understand where you are coming from..My friends are unable to do the things I want to do (I'm not saying I'm a baller or I'm dropping 2 stacks on a weekend) but I'm the only one who graduated from college and has a career out of my friends so our budgets for having fun are different
That's what I mean, it's starting to feel creepy hanging out with 21-22 year-olds, problem is most of my peers just don't like to have fun like I like to have fun.
I was with my girl this weekend. But sometimes we want to do group stuff with other couples like maybe a buy a ticket for a yacht party or something. 

Something more fitting for an older demographic. I was hoping there were NT'ers mature enough to generate some good ideas.

Weren't you the cat that posted racks on racks on racks at Times Square on New Years, or something?

You should consult with the cat that just copped da Phantom.

This is the thing that's funny to me....there is NEVER an excuse to be "bored" or say you've been "everywhere" in NYC. Possibilities are endless. There is something to do every night of the week and there is something for everyone to do, regardless of age/income.

It's impossible to run out of stuff to do in nyc man. There is so much. Eat at expensive restaurants and then go to swanky bars. That sounds repetitive but every place is so different.

Is your concern that you are feeling too old to club?

This is the thing that's funny to me....there is NEVER an excuse to be "bored" or say you've been "everywhere" in NYC. Possibilities are endless. There is something to do every night of the week and there is something for everyone to do, regardless of age/income.

Agree. Creativity is key.

You are above the plebs. Move to the upper east side, if you aren't already there. Make friends with the 0.1%'s. Profit and pull out of that phantom.

Look for new crowds/places?

If i had 2 k to blow in a weekend i could find some fun in afghanistan dog.

I believe this to be true which is why I'm asking where have OTHER'S BEEN. Because people my age are either too busy or can't afford to party where I party or play where I play. I'm talking about kayaking, indoor rock climbing, rooftop night clubs, the problem is not finding places to go. It's finding places to go where there's  an abundance of 25+ year olds.

21-22-year-olds are broke and make up for it with sarcasm to express their financial inadequacies, or either they have money and are really limited in conversation and building relationships with new people. You start to look like an authority figure more than a peer. Problem there is if you level the playing field you look like the older loser who didn't get it poppin' in his age group.

At some point you have to break off the bridge of the generational gap.

21-22 year olds can't hang out with 28-29 year olds ...especially established ones, sex is a different story, but just friends WILL NOT WORK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom