25+ year old NYC Niketalkers check in (Where are we going to chill?)

Op hit me up, I'm 25 and for 2k we will have a blast, shoot for 500 we can have a ball. No ayo

illphillip has a good point, I think he found a plot hole. Hey Nomad, call your girl's father to come back if you're lonely :lol:

Simply because they can no longer run around the city with you anymore doesn't mean you are doing it better, ya just have different goals and interests....the rush to hit up the clubs was replaced by the responsibility of providing or a family, which is rewarding in its own.

Didn't say I'm doing it better :lol:

Agree with everything after that though, except the interests part. If we didn't have similar interests, chances are we wouldn't have remained close friends throughout the years.

Y'all going a little too hard on the homey Nomad right now..

Maybe you need to not look for people on your financial level...

Take money out and see how much fun you can have with... $50... $150... so on and so forth...

So your idea of a good girl is someone you can party and blow money with and have no real solid relationship to build on?
How u can not build a solid relationship with a chick blowing money with your girl and partying. I think some people not most do it in their mid 20s and 30 if they are successful or have the funds to do so without kids. I know I would with my girl... Spending dough on trips and fashion why not u only young once.

This is ridiculous. People don't partner up because they fear old age. If I feared old age, I'd stay single and live young forever. It can be done.

So you have this misguided view about why people partner, yet you don't welcome lonliness....but your idea of not being alone is finding someone who "has the means or passion to play hard as you do."

I find that to be a backwards *** train of thought. Maybe I'm misinterpreting....
A good amount of chicks fear being old and along so they do force themselves onto dudes. I'm 25 and chicks tell me we getting married in this amount time. Throwing their future into mines like we about to get married. Not saying all chicks are like this just saying don't make it seem like it's not happening. These chicks that over 25+ and only working a 30-50k jobs are sometimes looking for something more in life or just self conscious about themselves. Don't over quote this.

Come to my friend's dorm with 2k in hand and I'll smoke you out with some of the finest dank you've ever had and we'll be as sophisticated as you want us to be.

Edit: You have to buy us alcohol though, our fakes don't always work.

Last edited:
As I find myself reaching 30 soon, I find that young twenty-somethings can't afford to eat where I eat, play where I play and club where I club.

My weekend costed $2000 and although I'm not saying I do this every weekend I do play hard at least once a month. Problem is I just about been everywhere in NYC.
I was with my girl this weekend. But sometimes we want to do group stuff with other couples like maybe a buy a ticket for a yacht party or something. 
Nightclub, private speakeasy, dinner and hotel.

Yacht party, movies, dinner, massage and a different hotel.

The thing I don't get is you talk about how people your age can't keep up with you or whatever, how you dropped $2k this past weekend at: a club, private speakeasy & yacht party, then otherwise dinner, movies, a massage & hotel...but this was all with your girl?
Are you trying to get couples to come out with you or individuals? I mean, not all individuals want to do all that and if you're talking about people living in the city, hotels aren't necessary which is a huge portion of that $2g. Are you spending $2g on weekends that you want to be out with like-minded 25+ follks?

To be honest, from what I remember of things you posted in the past, I don't necessarily think you're a pathological liar but someone who probably stretches the truth to exaggerate your actual standing in life.

...but this was all with your girl?
Yes, bottom line is I just want peers and new people to chill with who are just as hungry as I am for success, life, my interests in music and adventure.
It's just as I get older I find myself with less and less people to do things with. People who I grew up with are just broke and stupid. There's no way to sugar coat it because we come from the same neighborhood and met the same challenges and my situation was a lot worse than theirs. Yet I'm the one always shelling out money to provide entertainment and trips, I'm the one getting looked at sideways because I live good. The minute I confront them on these things it's "we ain't you, we can't do those things"..

So I made up my mind to do me and meet NEW people to do things with and enjoy this time on Earth we have. 
I try to live everyday like it may be my last and work one step closer to accomplishing goals I want to see materialized.

Is that so wrong? Really? $2k on a weekend and enjoying life after growing up in destitute and unfiltered poverty?

I hate to bring blackness into this, but I shouldn't have to join every racially superlative elite "black" club to meet NEW friends.
But sometimes when you're cut from my cloth and integrate into mainstream society that's our only choice.

I'm in that Ryan Leslie lane, just on a five figure income.

Last edited:
I believe this to be true which is why I'm asking where have OTHER'S BEEN. Because people my age are either too busy or can't afford to party where I party or play where I play. I'm talking about kayaking, indoor rock climbing, rooftop night clubs, the problem is not finding places to go. It's finding places to go where there's  an abundance of 25+ year olds.

21-22-year-olds are broke and make up for it with sarcasm to express their financial inadequacies, or either they have money and are really limited in conversation and building relationships with new people. You start to look like an authority figure more than a peer. Problem there is if you level the playing field you look like the older loser who didn't get it poppin' in his age group.

At some point you have to break off the bridge of the generational gap.

21-22 year olds can't hang out with 28-29 year olds ...especially established ones, sex is a different story, but just friends WILL NOT WORK.
lulz this guy right here lol. Bruh you got 2k and can't find **** to do in NYC? Just pay me 1k a month and ill find you weekend adventures for 800 a pop.

so you're spending 24000$ of your 5 figure income on these extravagant weekends. good job. At least a quarter of your money is going towards outclassing your buddies, you're really doing it.

so you're spending 24000$ of your 5 figure income on these extravagant weekends. good job. At least a quarter of your money is going towards outclassing your buddies, you're really doing it.
As opposed to what enabling their disregard for my feelings of being used? Or their lack of motivation because "Nomad got me". These are grown men almost 30 years old we're talking about.

Money isn't real, and we can't take it with us when we go, I save according to what I need to save and if there's any left over should I not spend it on MY HAPPINESS?

You should definitely start hanging around with more people your age. Its that old money mentality 
wink.gif

As opposed to what enabling their disregard for my feelings of being used? Or their lack of motivation because "Nomad got me". These are grown men almost 30 years old we're talking about.

Money isn't real, and we can't take it with us when we go, I save according to what I need to save and if there's any left over should I not spend it on MY HAPPINESS?

oh, i dont have any issue with you spending your money at all. my point this entire time is that you arent actually as rich as you're trying to put yourself out there as. so stop it.

:lol: Admitted I grew up poor, clearly stated I make 5 figures, and stated myself I'm not wealthy several times...I'm sure there's dozens of NT'ers with way more money than me ...never thought I'd say this but a few of you sound like genuine haters.

All I did was say I'm kinda lonely and don't want to hang with kids.

Back
Top Bottom