25+ year old NYC Niketalkers check in (Where are we going to chill?)

:lol: Admitted I grew up poor, clearly stated I make 5 figures, and stated myself I'm not wealthy several times...I'm sure there's dozens of NT'ers with way more money than me ...never thought I'd say this but a few of you sound like genuine haters.

All I did was say I'm kinda lonely and don't want to hang with kids.

So then what was the point of telling us you spent 2k in a weekend?

Either humble brag or don't humble brag homie.

So then what was the point of telling us you spent 2k in a weekend?

To express the point that sometimes I'd blow bank spontaneously to have fun experiencing new things...like trying a new hotel or other activities.

I grew up on food stamps, government cheese and people called my shoes "hammer times" cause they talked.

I would never humble brag as you call it.

You spending 2k a month just to chill. I would have been around the world if I have money just for a weekend.

To express the point that sometimes I'd blow bank spontaneously to have fun experiencing new things...like trying a new hotel or other activities.

I grew up on food stamps, government cheese and people called my shoes "hammer times" cause they talked.

If you're REALLY spending 2 stacks in a weekend for "fun", yet you make 5 figures you need a financial advisor way more than you need new spots to "chill".

Your priorities are all f'd up....b

I thought op said that he doesn't spend 2k each month just occasionally.... I really feel like NT don't read all the pages in threads and it's only on the fourth page.....

I agree, but then again if I got ran over by a garbage truck what's good about having all that money sitting in the bank?

Last edited:

Bro stop with the sob stories....this thread is silly.

If you're REALLY spending 2 stacks in a weekend for "fun", yet you make 5 figures you need a financial advisor way more than you need new spots to "chill".

Your priorities are all f'd up....b
Op also never said what part of 5 figures he has. He could be making 85-90k so 2k is nothing if he budgeting his money... He did also said whatever extra money he has he spend it. But also u could invest some of that extra cake so u could try and reach the elite status in nyc op.

Spending $2K in a weekend is a lot of monies, doesn't matter how much money you are making--you're doing something wrong.

Yes, bottom line is I just want peers and new people to chill with who are just as hungry as I am for success, life, my interests in music and adventure.

It's just as I get older I find myself with less and less people to do things with. People who I grew up with are just broke and stupid. There's no way to sugar coat it because we come from the same neighborhood and met the same challenges and my situation was a lot worse than theirs. Yet I'm the one always shelling out money to provide entertainment and trips, I'm the one getting looked at sideways because I live good. The minute I confront them on these things it's "we ain't you, we can't do those things"..

Bruh, i feel like this is what you wanted to express, but the way you started this thread got ppl hating on you due to your humble brag

But i completely agree.

I have 2 main groups of friends.

One is of my age (25) and older. Among these guys, the either got their whole lives set out for them and ready for a family, or still stuck with that HS mentality. We all get together sometimes, but I can clearly see the successful ones are too busy for BS anymore, and the slackers cant keep up with even 1 of our rarer get together (we like to live lavish when it comes to the food/entertainment)

And of course, the younger group. These guys have been sharing interest with me in music, shoes, instagram, etc for the most part over the years. But I can slowly and clearly tell that im breaking away from them, at least mentally. I find them snapping pics for IG and updating FB status as lame. Im all about setting my future straight and they still squandering every last penny on sneakers. I cant help but voice my opinion when im around them, but I understand that they are still in the process of figuring out alot about life for themselves, so I have learned to let it be.

But they are still my people, and I have learned to cope with the 2 groups for the most part. You can accomodate.....if you cant, then time for new friends indeed.

I don't know why y'all are going in so much... It makes a lot of sense.

I don't know about other races, but this **** is rampant in the black community ... fambs be giving you a side eye cuz you don't want to partake in tomfoolery .

Op, I ain't 30... but maybe you should try a different crowd ... Regardless of color age or income...

I agree, but then again if I got ran over by a garbage truck what's good about having all that money sitting in the bank?

I can partially agree with you, you should enjoy your money, but it seems you are living passed your means, no way is it smart to blow 2k on a single weekend for the hell of it when you really don't have it like that according to your income....what exactly are you trying to prove to yourself and your lady?...is it her that puts the preassure on you to blow this money and put up this image you really can't afford?...you gotta find a middle ground, I'm not saying to be as frugal as DC but you don't have to be the complete opposite, save some, spend some.

Op also never said what part of 5 figures he has. He could be making 85-90k so 2k is nothing if he budgeting his money... He did also said whatever extra money he has he spend it. But also u could invest some of that extra cake so u could try and reach the elite status in nyc op.

Even at 85k you bring home 65k after taxes, which is roughly 5500 a month.

Spending 2000 out of the 5500 you make in a month on one weekend of "fun" is some tomfoolery.

Last edited:
She's against the spending, I just don't ever wanna feel like black trash. I feel like if I can't keep up then I don't deserve to be there.

If you want a definition of how I feel and live day to day.... imagine Marty Kaan

Uncle Tom

1: a black who is overeager to win the approval of whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white values and goals)

Year of origin : 1947

Webster def.....

Last edited:
Uncle Tom

1: a black who is overeager to win the approval of whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white values and goals)

Webster def.....
what does that have to do with ANYTHING?

Uncle Tom

Webster def.....

Waits for poster to come explain then realizes he never will

As I find myself reaching 30 soon, I find that young twenty-somethings can't afford to eat where I eat, play where I play and club where I club.

My weekend costed $2000 and although I'm not saying I do this every weekend I do play hard at least once a month. Problem is I just about been everywhere in NYC.

What are some suggestions? What does your weekend look like and where?

My opinion is to get out of the city for a weekend. For a drive, go visit DC, or Boston. When the weather is better, I recently learned of Martha's Vineyard, it's old school and chill, and really not that expensive. If you're balling, hit up Miami or Vegas, just get out. The city can actually get monotonous if you're out all the time.

if you're blowing 2k a weekend, minus whale stack up and take an ill trip to a different country once a month, pleighboy!

Back
Top Bottom