27 NBA Standouts Named To 2010-12 USA Basketball Men’s National Team

Reaction score
2gwe5ug.jpg

27 NBA Standouts Named To 2010-12 USA Basketball Men’s National Team

-- 11 Olympians Among The 27 Players Selected For The USA National Team –

Featuring nine members of the gold medalist 2008 U.S. Olympic Team anda total of 11 Olympians who have captured a combined 15 Olympic medals(nine gold medals and six bronze medals), USA Basketball revealed today27 players who have been named to the 2010-2012 USA Men’s National Teamprogram. The selections were announced by USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo.

“This is another important step in thereassembling of the USA National Team for the next three years ofcompetitions that will include the FIBA World Championship in 2010, andif we qualify, the 2012 Olympics in London. Unlike 2006-08 when we werefirst starting the program, this time we have the benefit of includingplayers who were members of the last national team, while alsoincorporating players who were involved in our pipeline the last coupleof summers,â€

Anthony
Boozer
Bosh
Bryant
Durant
Howard
James
Love
Paul
Rose
Wade
Williams

3 point guards
5 wings
4 post players

Boozer gets the nod over Stoudamire because of his defense.
Durant and Rose are probably new locks.
Love was built for this.

I'm not a big fan of not including a pure shooter, but I'm sure we'll be alright.

Yeah I was wondering where Roy was, maybe instead of Perkins or EG, but I'm fine with the team. We got this.

laugh.gif
at Levin Love and Amare's weight.  He's still lighter than my dad though (my dad's fat....)

Anywaysss, I really hope Durant makes it this time and it wouldn't be bad seeing Derrick Rose making it either.

Anthony
Bosh
Bryant
Howard
James
Paul
Wade
Williams
(+)
Stoudemire (for Boozer)
Durant (for Redd)
Wallace (for Prince)
Billups (for Kidd)

How is Brandon Roy not on this list? Who knows if Wade or Bryant play and if they don't we desperately will need a SG who can hit a jumper. My squad would be:

Dwight
Bosh
Bron
Melo
Bryant
Wade
Dwill
Paul
Rose
Durant
Love
Roy

I think Kobe already said he intends on playing didn't he? Bron and Wade aren't this year right?

How the hell is B Roy not on this list? Did he decline it? If not this list is absolute garbage.

yup just cancel team usa cause broy isnt on the list its a travesty we dont deserve to compete with other squads we dont stand a chance, the 27 dudes on there now are complete bums
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

joe johnson?
brandon roy?

please tell me they declined the offer
Roy wanted the summer off cuz of his knee. JJ has been out since 07... I guess he sorta had a falling out.

Back
Top Bottom