3 STRIPE JET PAST THAT SWOOSH LIFE or TIME TO WAKE UP MR. WEST???

What brand would be a best fit for Kanye?

• Adidas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reebok

• Li Ning

• New Balance

• Asics

• Puma

• Vans

• Total voters
Now you see it.

All good.
Now you see it.

All good.

You know I was trying to word it better, and what I should have said was certain higher ups but in I already said it.

So I take that back and I don't want to offend people from those groups and I should have worded that.

But...

It is true...

50 thought he was bigger than Jimmy Iovine and look what that got him.

I think Kanye is might end up with the same faith if he doesn't put out quality music.

I hope he doesn't though and stunts on all these bastards word to the dude that invented the Super Soaker water gun.

heres him on HOT97 UN-officially announcing the Adidas Partnership

was about royalties in the end

IMO him not being a pro athlete shouldn't have hindered him from being a bigger part of Nikes culture?

So when are Yeezy retros gonna drop or would nike treat his models the way they did with previous athletes?

Could Nike save the Red October for his initial Launch of his Adidas product?

People lined up for Big Sean adidas. You don't think they'd line up for a Kanye sneaker lol?

That's so f'in sad. lining up for Big Sean Adidas :rofl:

Kanye would bring hype to any brand he goes to, personally I think dude is off his rocker in general, but this thread ain't about that

the yeezys were all hype anyway... nobody would cop that shoe if it wasnt kanye affiliated... it will be interesting to see people cop his adidas shoes though

no more royalties, lawyer fees
the less headaches it is, more for me
im a grown man
it took me a minute to figure out my career is in my own hand

So I'm sitting on a pair of solars...wonder how value on those would be affected...might just sell....

Dudes who got red Octobers are sitting on $$$

If those Red Octobers release cats will get murdered over them sadly, all kinds of chaos in the name of Yeezy :smh:

You know I was trying to word it better, and what I should have said was certain higher ups but in I already said it.

So I take that back and I don't want to offend people from those groups and I should have worded that.

But...

It is true...

50 thought he was bigger than Jimmy Iovine and look what that got him.

I think Kanye is might end up with the same faith if he doesn't put out quality music.

I hope he doesn't though and stunts on all these bastards word to the dude that invented the Super Soaker water gun.

Where is your avy from?

I can somewhat understand where hes coming with asking for royalty's, but to my knowledge most Nike athletes dont get royalty's.... they're contract only.

I think theres more going on behind the scenes and Nike is trying to distance themselves from Kanye before the ship sinks. Lets face it... Kanye has been making a total fool of himself latley.... hes talking crazy in every interview.... pushing 40... married to and had a kid with an aging garden tool.... he simply cant remain cool forever and Nike knows this. Nike already had him while he was hot, they could care less if Adidas gets him while hes luke-warm.

the yeezys were all hype anyway... nobody would cop that shoe if it wasnt kanye affiliated... it will be interesting to see people cop his adidas shoes though

You can say that with basically any signature shoe. How is this any different than people buying Jordan's, lebrons, or Durants because of the affiliation?

lol good luck trying to make a good looking shoe with them.

they dont have the awesome designers and materials nike has.

oh no wait yeezy hand made every shoe and sketched them according to the dudes in the yeezy thread.

dudes an idiot for letting his little female dog ways get in the way of this great opportunity.

i remember y 3 being in up against the wall...not sure if i can find an up against the wall now...

but anyway

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2013/11/defense-nike-ceo-mark-parker-kanye-west

Was Nike CEO Mark Parker Wrong About Kanye West and the Air Yeezy?

Written by Matt Welty (@matthewjwelty)

Kanye West painted Nike CEO Mark Parker into a villain when he stated, "Mark Parker even talked ****, talking 'bout he don't even know why people like the Yeezys." during a Yeezus Tour performance at the Barclays Center last week. And since then, it's been highly speculated that Kanye would sever ties with Nike and jump ship to adidas.

But should anyone be angry with Mark Parker?

The Air Yeezy series has gained an almost unrivaled fandom for Nike. The sneakers have been impossible to get, and even single-handedly caused sneaker enthusiasts to pass on an Air Jordan IV release. But, Mark Parker is more than just the top brass of the $49B athletic company. He's the Steve Jobs of sneakers. He's been designing sneakers with Nike since 1979 when the brand had a research and development outpost in Exeter, N.H. Parker is literally the fabric of the brand.

If anyone understands what keeps Nike moving, it's Parker. The Air Yeezy—although awesome and an iconic silhouette in its own right—is a luxury mash-up of design elements that aren't new to Nike.

This isn't where Parker sees the brand going. In a 2012 interview with Fast Company, Parker said:

"Any business that wants to realize its potential needs to have good design. The world doesn't need anymore mediocre product, and designers are all about creating great design. And it should be the same with any company, any brand. It's really about making sure you're creating the future. You're thinking about what's possible, not just re-hashing what exists."

Innovation has always been Nike's direction. Letting Kanye design a complete collection wouldn't be about technological advancement, it would be about cashing in on the cool of Kanye.

The brand doesn't need a musician's co-sign because it's able to create its own buzz through re-releasing its back catalog and pushing forward new technology like Flyknit, Air Max, Hyperfuse, and more. Just look at the LeBron 11, it retails for $200 and virtually features every relevant technology offered by Nike.

To give Kanye his own Nike line wouldn't be doing anything progressive for the brand.

As a whole, Nike has peeled back from artist collaborations. Gone are the days of Pharrell and De La Soul designing a pair of Dunks or Questlove rendering an Air Force One. Giving Kanye free reign to create as much as he wants would be counterintuitive to Nike's ethos. Every active athlete under Nike's Swoosh-laden wing—LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Paul Rodriguez, etc.—has received signature sneakers that create something new in their respective fields.

So has the Air Yeezy or HTM (Parker's design collective comprised of himself, Tinker Hatfield, and Hiroshi Fujiwara) been more influential for Nike?

The trio's involvement with the Flyknit technology has given Nike credibility for designing an innovative platform accepted by the fashion world, that also performs.

Innovation has always been Nike's direction. Letting Kanye design a complete collection wouldn't be about technological advancement, it would be about cashing in on the cool of Kanye.

Parker's opinion that he doesn't understand why people liked the Yeezy is valid. His, and Nike's, focus is solely on creating new products that athletes love first - then trickle down into the style world. Every attempt by the brand to create high fashion—Nike x Under Gaykusou and the Made in Italy White Label— always put function first.

The Yeezy line is awesome for sneakerheads, but serves little purpose in benefiting athletes. Kanye stating, "Mark Parker tried to son me. Yes. Son me because I am the sun and I will shine bright," can be viewed as a misunderstanding between two people who see a brand going in two different directions.

As important as Kanye's influence is, he was never in a position that could change Nike —a brand thats legacy was built on the hardwork and sweat of Oregon track athletes— into a fashion-first brand. That's not a snub to Kanye, it's the same logic that certain producers appreciate certain emcees, but don't feel the need to work with them. If Kanye works with adidas, he's found a partner whose able to better use his talents, and Nike will continue to make billions.

What "great" opportunity? I'm not a Kanye fan/stan, but it's about money with these corporations and if he's not getting a cut then who cares about an opportunity? To get a cut or a share of the pie rather than popularity and a one time check is seeing things for what they are.

And when it comes to designs, let Kanye tell it, he has genius level intellect and doesn't need anything outside of the right opportunity. Well, we're all about to see if he was full of **** or telling the truth.

Last edited:
Interested to see some product.

Also interested to see what Nike's genius marketing team comes up with for the name of the Yeezy retros/final release. Lol. Air Egos or something.

All the other pairs of Yeezy's about to go up so much in value.

I'm interested to see what Ye can cook up . . . I loved the Yeezy's but they got a lot of their DNA from the Jordans and other classic Nike silhouette's. But he also went crazy on the LV's and Zanottis.

His collection will probably be dope but it would really be dope if he worked on the D Rose line. That would put his DNA (pause) in the culture more than any high end limited collection. It's been trash except for the 2.0's (L Trains were so fire, don't know what went wrong after that), and Kanye could be the Tinker Hatfield of the line, design - wise. If D Rose is even worthy of another sig with all the injury troubles smfh.

This N is going to learn when you mess with certain Jews and White's at certain levels you can kiss your *** goodbye.
This is a terrible way of thinking and exactly why I'm glad Kanye is going so hard doing what he's doing.

It's horrible to think we "N's" should just put our heads down around certain Jews and whites and take what we are lucky to get.

We need more Nipsey Hussles and Kanyes of the world that know their worth and that the corporations cannot and won't connect to people without culture.

That avatar is
pimp.gif
though.

Is it really that big of a deal if he leaves Nike? I read somewhere that he was having some disagreements with Nike while designing the Yeezy II's anyways. I do think that Y-3 will become more hyped up to the "fashionistas" now that he signed with them though.

Last edited:
Meek.... you really gotta stop with the centered posting when your typing more than a line or two.....

You could be dropping winning lotto numbers and I wouldn't know because I don't even bother to read your posts anymore :lol:

Ye is my dude but he needs to be careful.

One thing I know about creatives...because I consider myself to be very creative (on a very very smaller scale) is that the same thing that fuels your creativity can be your downfall.

I guarantee Ye doesn't have a downright unbeatable plan. He's playing with the cards God gave him and that's a talent to create based on how he's feeling. That talent doesn't have plans or logical thinking...its just something that comes. But in the business world...its a different monster.

I can almost know for certain...once again going back on similarities that Ye can wake up feeling one way and then the next feel totally different. You can tell by his career and personal choicss this may some way be true.

Ye thinks hes untouchable and I really do hope he knows what hes doing (for his sake) or has some Ace of Spade in his hand he has yet to play...because this could get ugly.

He was on Hot97 talking with Angie Martinez and and Kim I couldn't listen though dude's ego is on a hundred trillion for real.

I can't believe I'm saying this but his B was more tolerable than him.

This N is going to learn when you mess with certain Jews and White's at certain levels you can kiss your *** goodbye.

He was on the radio talking like Nike, Gucci, LV, and all these other worldwide brand needed him and should be to his every beacon call.

I'm not saying dude isn't influential, but I think he's overestimating his pull, power, and selling power.

We'll see how this works out...

You guys think when he said that little jab he said when he performed and said the Yeezy's jumped over the Jumpman or some crap like that and it might not have rubbed MJ or the higher ups at Nike the right way because ever since that I don't think his relationship with them has been good.

What was his issue with Nike though that they weren't releasing his kicks or something I don't understand...

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom