36 years old, born & raised in DC and have NEVER had mumbo sauce...

real talk. i don't even know what it looks like. something named "mumbo sauce" just never appealed to me.

all carryouts in DC look like they're infected with insects and rats. i would sometimes eat at eddie leonard's way back in the day, but thatwas it. in addition, i've been vegetarian for 10+ years, so now there really is no chance i'll ever have wings w/mumbo sauce.

flame away. i'm ready....

StereoFaith...can you please turn in your Washingtonian Card as soon as you get a chance.

Thanks.

...lol.

How the heck have you never had mumbo sauce?

Damn, you 36?!?!?!?

eek.gif

Young looking brother. Must know how to handle stress well....................

LAVAN, i think i need to...hahaha. it's pretty much a must do like eating at ben's chili bowl or a late night at the georgetown diner. however, ithink i've done enough uni-fests, georgia avenue days, partying at the cherry's, go-go's at the black hole, r.s.v.p., ibex, eastside, classics, andcoliseum to hold onto it for a little bit longer.

the reason i made this post is because in addition to the "best mumbo sauce" post below, i saw a similar mumbo sauce post on another message board. the posters were pretty much saying that DC is the only place that has it, you can't be from DC and have not tried it, and you REALLY can't be from DCif you don't like it. i thought to myself, "damn, i've never had it." mumbo sauce certainly a DC staple. no doubt about it. and,we've got to be the king of corner carryouts. i've been to numerous major cities and have NEVER seen as many carryouts as i have here.

oh, thanks E.O.H. it's probably because i didn't start drinking alcohol until i was 30, i have no kids and i have a girlfriend that doesn'tstress me out...much. however, lately i've been looking pretty haggard. i still have my day job, yet i d.j. at least 2 nights a week, i drink likeit's going out of style, my girl wants a ring for xmas and i'm not going to even mention the other activities that aren't NT safe
smokin.gif

Stereo Faith you can try it on French Fries ... and I'm sorry you never had any Mambo Sauce ... that's almost as bad as someone from our area neverhaving Eddie Leonards, going to the Black Hole (if you are old enough), Cherries, The Metro Club, or WUST (before it became the 9:30 Club ... or ever going tothe 9:30 Club when it was on F St) ... And trust me ... after your other activities that aren't safe Mambo sauce woudl be the BOMB!

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Damn, you 36?!?!?!?

eek.gif

LOL.
Thats such a old+%!$ answer..

My-T.

Steve... did that District Line thing youre DJing for already happen? Cause if not I will personally bring you fries and mumbo sauce.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Damn, you 36?!?!?!?

eek.gif

nerd.gif
I have been on the Mumbo since 93.... and didnt move to the urea until 2000..
roll.gif

Made it my biz when I came up to visit Frat to go to Yum's.... lol

Back
Top Bottom