3M raging bull 5 losing color

i don't know if there's a thread on this already or not but my 3M raging bull %s are losing color at the tongue. i don't know if it's cause of the lace lock rubbing against it (which i doubt cause i've worn them once and that was back on RD when i bought them) or if its some kind of unhappy chemical reaction. has this happened to anyone else?

i don't know if there's a thread on this already or not but my 3M raging bull %s are losing color at the tongue. i don't know if it's cause of the lace lock rubbing against it (which i doubt cause i've worn them once and that was back on RD when i bought them) or if its some kind of unhappy chemical reaction. has this happened to anyone else?

Oh damn. Those are the 3M joints. I thought this was going to be about the red suede ones. I'm shocked!!!

Stupid JB "retro" quality surfacing again. smh

Oh damn. Those are the 3M joints. I thought this was going to be about the red suede ones. I'm shocked!!!

Stupid JB "retro" quality surfacing again. smh

go to a paint shop and buy some metallic gunmetal-like paint nobody could tell the difference if it just small specks

go to a paint shop and buy some metallic gunmetal-like paint nobody could tell the difference if it just small specks

yeah. i mean i haven't looked at them since i last wore them. that's like two years ago. i was real surprised to see this

yeah. i mean i haven't looked at them since i last wore them. that's like two years ago. i was real surprised to see this

Even thou you say its not from the lace-locks, I beg to differ. Its too obvious because they are exactly the same and right behing the locks

Even thou you say its not from the lace-locks, I beg to differ. Its too obvious because they are exactly the same and right behing the locks

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

I agree. It's the lacelocks rubbing off the 3M material. If something continuously or often rubs on something else, in your case the lacelocks rubbing on the tongue, you will see rub-off marks.

Some lacelocks on the 5's have run-off plastic underneath that are very sharp, check to see if that is what is rubbing the 3M material off.

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

I agree. It's the lacelocks rubbing off the 3M material. If something continuously or often rubs on something else, in your case the lacelocks rubbing on the tongue, you will see rub-off marks.

Some lacelocks on the 5's have run-off plastic underneath that are very sharp, check to see if that is what is rubbing the 3M material off.

^^^agreed^^^

yes from the lace locks, my opinion take them off... it happened to my friends pair of red suedes and he removed them and tried to hide it with the laces

^^^agreed^^^

yes from the lace locks, my opinion take them off... it happened to my friends pair of red suedes and he removed them and tried to hide it with the laces

i've worn mine HEAPS and there are no signs of this. did you drop some bleach on them? were you using a mould cleaner in the same room?

i've worn mine HEAPS and there are no signs of this. did you drop some bleach on them? were you using a mould cleaner in the same room?

Originally Posted by eltouha

Although it's possible, I doubt that is what happened. A few of my boys had that same problem. It was from small pieces of run-off plastic on the lacelocks that scratched their tongues when they tightened and laced their shoes.

Originally Posted by eltouha

Although it's possible, I doubt that is what happened. A few of my boys had that same problem. It was from small pieces of run-off plastic on the lacelocks that scratched their tongues when they tightened and laced their shoes.

(Takes a look at my pair, checks [drum roll] sighs!!
happy.gif
)
it's all good..

Those Dead Stock OP?

'Coz if not might as well wear them to death until it lasts, Metallic 5s are retroing anyways..

happy.gif
)
it's all good..

Those Dead Stock OP?

'Coz if not might as well wear them to death until it lasts, Metallic 5s are retroing anyways..

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

happy.gif
)
it's all good..

Those Dead Stock OP?

i wore them once like a few weeks after RD and never looked at them since. pulled them out today and was heartbroken

Back
Top Bottom