5 Best Players ever in the NBA at each position?

I was thinking where David Robinson stood in the line of great centers in the history of the NBA, and I thought about what are the best 5, then I broadened itout to the best 5 in each position. Interesting to look at.

In no order;

PG's
Isiah Thomas
Magic Johnson
Jock Stockton
Big O
Jerry West (last one was tough)

Honorable Mention(s): Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, Pistol Pete

SG's
Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
Clyde Drexler
Iceman Gervin
Allen Iverson

SF's
Scottie Pippen
Larry Bird
Dr. J
Elgin Baylor
Rick Barry

PF's (where it gets harder)
Charles Barkley
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone
Kevin Garnett
Moses Malone

C (ridiculously hard)
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem

Honorable Mention(s): Ewing, Robinson, Parish,

All of these are pretty much off the top of my head, so excuse my flaws if I have some (which I'm sure I do). But man, the Centers of the League have hadit tough. I mean Russell, Kareem, Shaq, Wilt are all no question top of the top. But the rest of those guys were very key franchise type players who had greatcareers.
eek.gif

EDIT: Fixed SG's to avoid drama.
laugh.gif

Good list, it's always hard to create best-of lists. I would not say West was a true PG though.

I know you said no order, but please put MJ obove Kobe or there could be a riot in here.
laugh.gif

Good list though. Lotta Lakers in there.
pimp.gif

But no Worthy at the SF?
frown.gif

Amazing list, you nailed it. I would have posted the same list besides moving West over to SG then removing Reggie Miller. Then maybe adding Bob Cousy to thePg list. Also Rick Barry was a beast but I might take Hondo over him.

Oh trust me I know I'm not right. I know there are about 15-20 locks on there, but rounding out the list was tough. I was more-so trying to have peoplemake their own lists. But yeah there are definitely things that could be moved around.

that's a damn good list if I do say so myself... I read the 2 guards then said If he doesn't have Elgin in his SF category I won't be able to rockthen I saw him like OK OK OK...

I dont know if hed make anybodys top 5 PGs but Mark Price is my 2nd fav point guard of all time dudes jumper was easily top 5 in history and he was automaticfrom the free throw line and he could dish the ball as well..perfect point guard when point guards were actually point guards

Mark Price is a prototypical PG who should be mentioned as one of the best PGs; my only problem is that he did everything that John Stockton and Nash havedone, except neither him nor Nash were upto par with Stockton. You can say that Stockton had Malone, but Nash has had great players around him, and Price hadhis fair share of talent early in his career.

Some of the players I had to sort into different positions because there were guys like Moses who played a bit of both, but there was no way he was gettinginto the Center discussion, but he deserved to be on a list somewhere.

Also, I didn't consider anyone after the 97 draft, careers are still to be decided. I'm sure LeBron could very well get into the SF discussion; maybeAmare could move into the PF if he continues to excel, but it's too early. KG, Kobe, and TD (the only current players I put up) , each of their careers areset in stone, there are no "what if's" with these guys.

hollup ... you got reggie above ai? ......... i mean im all for a great shooter but lets be real ....... ai>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reggie miller ... averaging 18 points per game for his career? and shooting under 40% from3? im not seeing it home skillet

Thanks for pointing out a flaw, for whatever reason I kept AI @ PG. I was thinking of bigger SG's and AI completely skipped my mind. I'll fix that.

Agree for the most part with your list...just some editing done-

PG's
Isiah Thomas
Magic Johnson
Jock Stockton
Big O
Jason Kidd

SG
Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
Clyde Drexler
Iceman Gervin
Allen Iverson

-Reggie just misses the list.

SF-
Scottie Pippen
Larry Bird
Dr. J
Elgin Baylor
Rick Barry

Agreed.

PF's
Charles Barkley
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone
Kevin Garnett
Moses Malone

Agreed.

C-
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem

Agreed.

C (ridiculously hard)

not really...

Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem = multiple championships AND finals MVP.

Ewing, Robinson, Parish =/= multiple championships AND finals MVP

This has probably been beaten to death but...Dream over the Admiral? I wanna hear points from both sides

Yeah gotta go with Dream of D-Rob. Though if Shaq didn't have 4 rings I think he sits outside the top 5 and definately outside top 10 players all time.

Price=underrated. Same thing with Isaiah.

Ya'll saying AI over Reggie? Why? Explain please.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

SF's
Scottie Pippen
Larry Bird

how do you even consider having Scottie over Larry Legend?! And Clyde Frazier DEFINITLEY deserves honorable mention over PGs like Kidd and the Glove... mylist
PG
1. Magic Johnson
2. Oscar Robertson
3. Isiah Thomas
4. Walt Frazier
5. John Stockton
HM- Nate Archibald, West, Payton, Kidd

SG
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. George Gervin
4. Allen Iverson
5. Clyde Drexler
HM- Bernard King, Reggie

SF
1. Larry Bird
2. Dr. J
3. Scottie Pippen
4. Elgin Baylor
5. Dominique Wilkins
HM- Rick Barry

PF
1. Tim Duncan
2. Karl Malone
3. Charles Barkley
4. Bob Pettit
5. Kevin McHale
HM- KG (changes if he can win), Debusschere

C
1. Kareem Abdul-Jabar
2. Bill Russel
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Shaquile O'Neal
5. Hakeem Olajuwon
HM- Ewing, Robinson, Moses

Originally Posted by RawSheed

This has probably been beaten to death but...Dream over the Admiral? I wanna hear points from both sides

the only way im going to not stoneface you is if u aren like 17 years old and dont remeber what olajuwan did to robinson in the playoffs, but dream betteroffensively and defensively. no doubt about it. if d rob got 1 vote over dream id be surprised... even spurs loyalists would agree

list is good but no way having KG on that list. no damn way

^^yeah Dream pretty uched pwned Amiral every single year in the playoffs...

that would be like saying how is Jordan better than Ewing

Season G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

Career -- 829 824 41.8 0.426 0.314 0.780 0.8 2.9 3.8 6.3 2.3 0.1 3.68 2.00 27.7

Career 1389 1304 34.3 .471 .395 .888 0.6 2.4 3.0 3.0 1.1 0.2 1.73 2.00 18.2

pick the better stat line .......

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

dream shake > the admirals goofy lookin jump shot /argument
laugh.gif
game, set, match.

o and when i think of all time greats i think of overall talent. reggie was a great shooter.................and hustler. and hes ugly. therefore, not on my top24

Back
Top Bottom