5 Best Players ever in the NBA at each position?

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by RawSheed

This has probably been beaten to death but...Dream over the Admiral? I wanna hear points from both sides

the only way im going to not stoneface you is if u aren like 17 years old and dont remeber what olajuwan did to robinson in the playoffs, but dream better offensively and defensively. no doubt about it. if d rob got 1 vote over dream id be surprised... even spurs loyalists would agree

list is good but no way having KG on that list. no damn way

I agree

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

C (ridiculously hard)
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem

Of all the positions, I think the center position is the easiest to pick the top 5. There's not a single basketball fan I know that would pick anyoneother than those five.

Dream wiped the floor with Ewing, Robinson, and Shaq...... so dont give me any of this Robinson > Dream nonsense....its a no brainer

Hakeem:

Highest center playoff ppg in history

In his prime = no weaknesses in his offensive or defensive game whatsoever. One of the few players who was at one time considered the best offensive and thebest defensive player in the league (when Jordan retired the first time).

Only 200+ steal & 200+ block season in NBA history. Somehow he didn't win DPOY that year. Also, all-time league leader in blocks - don't look forthis one to get broken any time soon.

Only player in league history to win MVP, DPOY and Finals MVP in a single season.

Won a championship (93-94) with the weakest supporting cast of all time. Before you flame: No, this isn't saying that he won the championship ALONE and no,his supporting cast didn't suck, but relatively speaking, his 93-94 Houston Rockets supporting cast was weaker than any other supporting cast I can thinkof that some championship winning superstar had.

Bottom line: Hakeem was the best center in the best center era in NBA history. Beat Kareem, Ewing, David Robinson & Shaq in 7 game series. And he wassmaller than all these centers, didn't dominate his opponents with his physique, but with his skills.

And someone actually wonders if he should be a top 5 center? Hakeem is the G.O.A.T. center, but the guy who said that there is no argument that Hakeem is thegreatest center ever is reaching.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Hakeem:

In his prime = no weaknesses in his offensive or defensive game whatsoever. One of the few players who was at one time considered the best offensive and the best defensive player in the league (when Jordan retired the first time).

Only 200+ steal & 200+ block season in NBA history. Somehow he didn't win DPOY that year. Also, all-time league leader in blocks - don't look for this one to get broken any time soon.

Only player in league history to win MVP, DPOY and Finals MVP in a single season.

Won a championship (93-94) with the weakest supporting cast of all time. Before you flame: No, this isn't saying that he won the championship ALONE and no, his supporting cast didn't suck, but relatively speaking, his 93-94 Houston Rockets supporting cast was weaker than any other supporting cast I can think of that some championship winning superstar had.

Bottom line: Hakeem was the best center in the best center era in NBA history. Beat Kareem, Ewing, David Robinson & Shaq in 7 game series. And he was smaller than all these centers, didn't dominate his opponents with his physique, but with his skills.

I can't beleive I'm going to admit this, but I agree with pretty much everything said here. I must have the flu or something.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Hakeem:

In his prime = no weaknesses in his offensive or defensive game whatsoever. One of the few players who was at one time considered the best offensive and the best defensive player in the league (when Jordan retired the first time).

Only 200+ steal & 200+ block season in NBA history. Somehow he didn't win DPOY that year. Also, all-time league leader in blocks - don't look for this one to get broken any time soon.

Won a championship (93-94) with the weakest supporting cast of all time. Before you flame: No, this isn't saying that he won the championship ALONE and no, his supporting cast didn't suck, but relatively speaking, his 93-94 Houston Rockets supporting cast was weaker than any other supporting cast I can think of that some championship winning superstar had.

Bottom line: Hakeem was the best center in the best center era in NBA history. Beat Kareem, Ewing, David Robinson & Shaq in 7 game series. And he was smaller than all these centers, didn't dominate his opponents with his physique, but with his skills.

I can't beleive I'm going to admit this, but I agree with pretty much everything said here. I must have the flu or something.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

co-sign

Hakeem:

And someone actually wonders if he should be a top 5 center? Hakeem is the G.O.A.T. center, but the guy who said that there is no argument that Hakeem is the greatest center ever is reaching.

I agree

ONLY ONE MENTION OF DOMINIQUE WILKINS? Tha hell? Damn shame.

Now Hakeem was that dude, but NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS HE THE BEST CENTER OF ALL TIME. Yes I am mad. How can you even fix your lipsto speak such blasphemy?
Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor/Kareem Abdul Jabbar is GOAT (center). He is the most decorated athlete in all sports.
Kareem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hakeem

Kareem was the gawd damn Rookie Of The Year, 6 time NBA Champ, 19 time All-Star, 2 scoring titles, 6 time NBA MVP, 2 time final MVP, #1 in pts. scored.That's ridiculous!

They outlawed DUNKING because of dude. He was killin' so bad at UCLA they tried to stop him by taking the dunk away from him. What did hedo, he brought that sky-hook into effect. That was/still is the most unstoppable shot the NBA will ever see. Many have tried, but none could do it like theCaptain. Dude was hitting bank hooks from 17 feet out.
laugh.gif
Like Isaid before, Hakeem was that dude, but him better than Kareem? Get outta here with that %%**.

reggie miller isn't on the tier of people in the top 5. he's irrelevant to this convo IMO....and these lists are always hard, because I try not to dotoo much speaking on dudes that are too far removed. I usually only include the Michael Jordan era and beyond, because as we all know stats don't tell thegame completely, and we are really just going on stats

Originally Posted by drewackall2

ten years from now. you can go ahead and add Lebron.

Kobe Won Kenobi the greatest next to MJ

I say 5 years you can add LeBron. Dude should've at least gotten a mention for bringing an overachieving Cavs team to the Finals in 07.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Originally Posted by drewackall2

ten years from now. you can go ahead and add Lebron.

Kobe Won Kenobi the greatest next to MJ

I say 5 years you can add LeBron. Dude should've at least gotten a mention for bringing an overachieving Cavs team to the Finals in 07.

In 5 years? How do you know what he's gonna be doing 5 years from now?

And that Cavs team was a #2 seed... how were they overachieving? they were just in a piss poor conference and played a cupcake schedule

I agree

Originally Posted by Greezee

ONLY ONE MENTION OF DOMINIQUE WILKINS? Tha hell? Damn shame.

Agreed. I think i am that only one who put him on my list... Hakeem is not #1 for centers and Pippen is not #1 for SF. If anyone thinks that Pip is betterthan Bird is out of their minds.
No chance Pip could LEAD that Celtic team to the finals. Pippen wouldnt have won !#@% without MJ. The Bulls were stilltalented with out Jordan but when Jordan left for 2 years he couldnt even get them to the finals by himself. Ewing and the Knicks beat him in 94 and than theMagic topped him in 95. Of course he got his rings after but only with MJ leading. Bird LED numerous teams to titles, Pip doesnt stand !#@% with him. I think ihad him as 3 or 4 in my list that i posted before.

And Hakeem was a great player but his records dont hold !#@% with guys like Kareem, Russel, and Wilt. They all have more rings. Kareem is the all time leadingscorer in the NBA, Russel led his teams to what 7 chips? And Hakeem no way in hell could put up records like Wilt the most dominant player in history did. ifyou are seriously considering having the Dream over a guy who has more rings, and who put up games with 100 ponts and 51 boards you must be +*%*$#@ crazy.Hakeem is in that next group with Shaq and Pat. I think that group is just over the next group with guys like Admiral and Reed. But there is no real bigargument that you can make that Hakeem is any better than Shaq. I personally dont even think hes better than Ewing, but i will not argue that one becauseHakeem beat him in 94 so i have no argument to make there. But i still dont think he was better.

^Knicks fan salty about Pippen and Hakeem. There's a surprise.

The Bulls were still talented with out Jordan but when Jordan left for 2 years he couldnt even get them to the finals by himself.
laugh.gif
@ "couldn't even get them to thefinals by himself", as if he should've taken that team to the finals, and as if it's an outrage that he didn't make the finals. Dudehad nothing but role players. It's hard to take teams to the finals when situations like this are called for being fouls:

pippen_foul_050518.jpg
And you can talk all you want about centers from 30-40 years ago that you never really saw play, but none of them faced the competition Hakeem facedin the early to mid 90s on the center position.. Are you actually judging Hakeem Olajuwon for not scoring 100 points, grab 55 rebounds or average 50 points inthe 1990s? If you want to reduce a player's career to a mathematical equation and say that a player with more awards equals a better player, then you dothat. But that's not how I measure greatness, because I also take the circumstances such as the toughness of the era a player played in and what supportingcast he had into consideration.

Back
Top Bottom