5 Best Players ever in the NBA at each position?

Is that AI/Reggie

if it is AI>>>>>>>>Reggie, even though i knew that before i saw those stats

Sorry, I tried to point out my lists came to me in that order, that's not how I'd rank them 1-5.

I was torn on Walt Fraizer, the last PG was hard to choose. I took into account the impact Jerry West had on the game. Tiny and Walt would have narrowed out mytop 10 but the main four were not being changed, and I have an appreciation for West.

Kevin McHale is one of the dudes I should've put as an HM, he just slipped my mind when I came up with the list. I don't think I'd put him overMoses but still a very good player.

As for Isiah, if he's not on everyones list there's a problem. Chris Paul reminds me a lot of Isiah, ruthless quick agile PG who has somewhere to getthat ball.
pimp.gif

yeah Dream pretty uched pwned Amiral every single year in the playoffs.

What like once
but dream better offensively and defensively. no doubt about it. if d rob got 1 vote over dream id be surprised
I certainly can see people say Hakeem was better than Robinson personal i think it's a tie. Rockets were always a much better than The Spurs.Hakeem did out play him in 95 though. Being out play in 1 playoff match doesn't sum a career to me. Shawn Kemp totaly owned Karl Malone in 96, KJ outplayed Magic in the 2nd round once, and Hakeem was owned by Shawn Kemp just about ever year again look it up.

Amazing list, you nailed it. I would have posted the same list besides moving West over to SG then removing Reggie Miller. Then maybe adding Bob Cousy to thePg list. Also Rick Barry was a beast but I might take Hondo over him.

I was torn on Walt Fraizer, the last PG was hard to choose.
Same...I was looking to put him on the list, a lot of great PG's played the game (players for that matter), you always feel like you'releaving someone out.

Damn it's a shame McHale eventually got them foot injuries
nono.gif
"When I was healthy, I always felt I could score," McHale once told reporters. "When it went into what I called 'The torture chamber,' I knew it was in."

By his seventh pro season, McHale had rehearsed and refined his low-post moves and had become one of the NBA's most dominant offensive forces, out-leaping, out-spinning and out-maneuvering defender after defender in his "torture chamber"

On an episode of The Arsenio Hall Show, Charles Barkley remarked that, in his prime, Kevin McHale was the toughest defensive assignment in the league for a power forward.

"He became the most difficult low-post player to defend -- once he made the catch -- in the history of the league," contended former NBA coach Hubie Brown

Do people not realize that Clyde one two championships and turned in one of the greatest playoffs performances ever in game 7. Clyde Frazier is constantlyunderrated. The man is a top 4 point guard. Sorry for yall but Clyde>Stockton>>>>>>Kidd. Kidd couldn't shoot which was ultimatly hisdownfall as a player.

Also even though I am only 18 your lists are very favorable to older players. Where is the love for PF's like Elvin Hayes or Bob Petit. Bob Cousy at PGanyone? Or am I asking too much for you guys to even know who Elvin Hayes was?

It's not so much that I favored older players, it's just we don't know the full careers of these guys right now. Cousy, I had a hard time puttingplayers from ~1960's on the list, because the L wasn't as competitive (and this of course is a matter of opinion). Cooz was great, but you have toremember that there were ~14 teams back then. Imagine if there were 14 teams right now, and the players were distributed to those teams. Things would be a lotdifferent. Same goes for Elvin Hayes, although moreso in the 70's. He fits in the same category as Moses Malone, a PF/C. Though, Moses was a better bigmanIMO.

in my opinion hakeem was the greatest center ever. wilt is the only reasonable argument someone could make

Originally Posted by imaniketalker

Hakeem IS the greatest center of all time.

There is no argument.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at "There is no argument"

realize that i'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you. but i think the all-time leading scorer, top 5 blocker, and top 5 rebounder in NBA history justmight have an argument. just might.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at Rodman. i understand a lot of you guys idolize him, but the guy was a role player. he's not in this discussion, sorry.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

This has probably been beaten to death but...Dream over the Admiral? I wanna hear points from both sides

I am going with the dream, the year robinson won the mvp and rockets were going for there 2nd championship, hakeem abused robinson, plus i feel hakeem wasthe main reason his team got the ring, either way you still can't go wrong

realize that i'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you. but i think the all-time leading scorer, top 5 blocker, and top 5 rebounder in NBA history just might have an argument. just might.
Touche.

But, gosh, you didn't have to laugh at me.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

it feels rediculous to think that i've gotten to see most of the all time great basketball players in action

we've really witnessed rediculous basketball over the past 30 years, although i was only alive to know the past 15 or 16 or so

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Do people not realize that Clyde one two championships and turned in one of the greatest playoffs performances ever in game 7. Clyde Frazier is constantly underrated. The man is a top 4 point guard. Sorry for yall but Clyde>Stockton>>>>>>Kidd. Kidd couldn't shoot which was ultimatly his downfall as a player.

Also even though I am only 18 your lists are very favorable to older players. Where is the love for PF's like Elvin Hayes or Bob Petit. Bob Cousy at PG anyone? Or am I asking too much for you guys to even know who Elvin Hayes was?

Agreed. thats why on my list i put him right behing Magic, Isiah, Big O, and nobody else. That is exactly what i was saying. Clyde was hands down the bestdefensive PG of all time and i love the Glove but i do not even want to hear any argument about that. And he could do it all. In what was known as the"Willis Reed Game" in Game 7 vs Wilt, West and the Lakers, Clyde put up one of the best clutch performances in history. I mean what was it 37 points,18 assists, 7 boards, 7 assists some crazy @%*! like that. And he was the epitome of swagger. clyde was that dude and he still is as a commentator.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Speaking of the old Knicks though Reed deserves some mention on the centers list. The centers in the NBA have been so talented you cant put him in the top5, but you have to recognize this man. Tough as *%@%+!+ nails. Coming back with the broken leg on game 7. And won 2 championships battling it out as a 6'9center with 7'1 great Wilt Chamberlain. He wouldnt back down from anybody and was the 1970 NBA MVP, the only Knick EVER to win MVP. I dont see why he cantbe argued as up there with Hakeem, Ewing, and the Admiral... and thats coming from Pat's biggest fan.

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at Hakeem as the GOAT. i mean Kareem, Russel, and wil are CLEARLY the top 3. I mean Kareem has got the rings and was part of probably the most dynamicduo in NNBA history with Magic, and is the NBA's all time leading scorer. you cant complare the Dream with that. And than Russel although not as dominantas Wilt still %%!*++ people up back in the day and his ring count dont lie, he beat Wilt for the vast majority of the time. And than you cant compare him withWilt either, because wilt is the most dominant plkayer ever seen in the NBA. I ean 100 points, 51 rebounds, unstoppable. Hakeem is in that next tier of centerswith Shaq, Pat, the Admiral, and like i said before you gotta throw Willis in as well.

no back to back mvp at point guard? hm... not saying i think nash should be on there but he definetly has an argument.

Also, I just have a hard time believing pippen was THAT good. I know he was an excellent player, I just always wonder what he would have done without Jordan.His game was very unique, I'm just not positive he could carry a team by himself to a championship. However, the same could be said for other duos in thepast as well.

just check the dream's steals per game number

crazy how a 7 footer can do the things that dude did

he played in an era where centers were extremely talented and he won two chips (even tho Jordan retired)

Greatness is measured in the level of your opponents and akeem murdered

Back
Top Bottom