5 Best Players ever in the NBA at each position?

Originally Posted by commodity05

can u name me another player to win DPOY, Regular Season MVP and Finals MVP in the same year?? NO.... ..

...Yes Willis Reed in 1970
indifferent.gif
but still my man gets no love andadd to the fact that he got 2 rings going against Willis Reed who was like 3x his size. Reed was the truth and NVER backed down from anybody and he was thefirst to achieve all 3 in the same season. You are just like the rest of these people ignorant about bball history pre- 1990

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at all the hate for the classic players in the 70s. just cause yall neverseen them doesnt mean that you cant put them in the top 5. What the +@** did KJ EVER do that Clyde didnt? Cause i could name about 5 things that Clyde did thatKJ never did. and yes i did see KJ play with the Suns. How can you say you never heard of clyde being top 5? There really shouldnt be any discussion. When youhave the rings like he does, and you come up in the clutch like him, play D like him, and have that smooth @$!++$# all around game. Again if you would ut a guylike KJ who achieved nothing in his playing career over Clyde you are just ignorany and over obsessed with 90s bball.
indifferent.gif

lebron needs to be on that sf list or whichever position he best fits. I'm not even a fan of lebron, but I defintely think he deserves to be somewhere inany of those categories. What he's done already in a few years matches Pippen.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

can u name me another player to win DPOY, Regular Season MVP and Finals MVP in the same year?? NO.... ..

indifferent.gif
but still my man gets no love and add to the fact that he got 2 rings going against Willis Reed who was like 3x his size. Reed was the truth and NVER backed down from anybody and he was the first to achieve all 3 in the same season. You are just like the rest of these people ignorant about bball history pre- 1990

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at all the hate for the classic players in the 70s. just cause yall never seen them doesnt mean that you cant put them in the top 5. What the +@** did KJ EVER do that Clyde didnt? Cause i could name about 5 things that Clyde did that KJ never did. and yes i did see KJ play with the Suns. How can you say you never heard of clyde being top 5? There really shouldnt be any discussion. When you have the rings like he does, and you come up in the clutch like him, play D like him, and have that smooth @$!++$# all around game. Again if you would ut a guy like KJ who achieved nothing in his playing career over Clyde you are just ignorany and over obsessed with 90s bball.
indifferent.gif

Uh....that's not true so have a nice day with your full serving of

Originally Posted by JsindaA

indifferent.gif
but still my man gets no love and add to the fact that he got 2 rings going against Willis Reed who was like 3x his size. Reed was the truth and NVER backed down from anybody and he was the first to achieve all 3 in the same season. You are just like the rest of these people ignorant about bball history pre- 1990

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at all the hate for the classic players in the 70s. just cause yall never seen them doesnt mean that you cant put them in the top 5. What the +@** did KJ EVER do that Clyde didnt? Cause i could name about 5 things that Clyde did that KJ never did. and yes i did see KJ play with the Suns. How can you say you never heard of clyde being top 5? There really shouldnt be any discussion. When you have the rings like he does, and you come up in the clutch like him, play D like him, and have that smooth @$!++$# all around game. Again if you would ut a guy like KJ who achieved nothing in his playing career over Clyde you are just ignorany and over obsessed with 90s bball.
indifferent.gif

Uh....that's not true so have a nice day with your full serving of

It's not true that Reed won all three of those awards in 1970? I mean if you are just stupid on basketball history AT LEAST do some research before youthrow a fail at me and call me out homie.
In the 1969-70 season, the Knicks won a franchise record 60 games and set a then-NBA record 18 game win streak. Reed played an important role in the Knick success, and in 1970 he became the first player in NBA history to be named the NBA All-Star Game MVP, the NBA regular season MVP, and the NBA Playoff MVP in the same season. That same year, he was named to the All-NBA first team and NBA All-Defensive first team, as well as being named as ABC's Wide World of Sports Athlete of the Year, and the Sporting News NBA MVP.
indifferent.gif

at your knowledge and for telling me i am wrong on a fact that i have known pretty much my whole life. That is just typical lack of knowledge on bball historypre 1990 just like saying a guy like KJ is better than a 1st ballot hall of famer in Clyde. Oh yeah i forgot to even mention that in my argument is KJ in theHOF or will he ever will be? No and probably not. Clyde is in and he was a shoe in. Saying that KJ is better or any PG of the 90s is just ignorant just likesaying willis did not earn all 3 of those MVPs in 1970.

EDIT: ma b didnt see DPOY
embarassed.gif
but still Reed is
pimp.gif

In the 1969-70 season, the Knicks won a franchise record 60 games and set a then-NBA record 18 game win streak. Reed played an important role in the Knick success, and in 1970 he became the first player in NBA history to be named the NBA All-Star Game MVP, the NBA regular season MVP, and the NBA Playoff MVP in the same season. That same year, he was named to the All-NBA first team and NBA All-Defensive first team, as well as being named as ABC's Wide World of Sports Athlete of the Year, and the Sporting News NBA MVP.

Damn, what's the matter, they couldn't come up with anymore awards to give the guy? Sheesh, they left out the nobel peace prize, blue ribbonspecial, Christ.
laugh.gif

in 1970 he became the first player in NBA history to be named the NBA All-Star Game MVP, the NBA regular season MVP, and the NBA Playoff MVP in the same season. That same year, he was named to the All-NBA first team and NBA All-Defensive first team,
u are an idiot...HAKEEM WON DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, REGULAR SEASON MVP, AND FINALS MVP..... u just proved ur own point wrong...as apunishment, u need to ban yourself.

fail-1.jpg

^^wow come down i fully acknowledged that i read the thing wrong. I dont think that i should ban myself for reading something wrong. chill out...

But Reed was 1st team all defense that year but not DPOY

Originally Posted by alsquared

lebron needs to be on that sf list or whichever position he best fits. I'm not even a fan of lebron, but I defintely think he deserves to be somewhere in any of those categories. What he's done already in a few years matches Pippen.

whoa-sign.jpg

Bron is good, but he's not all time great yet.

Back
Top Bottom