#5 USC at #10 Oregon - 5:00pm PDT - ABC/ESPN2 - The Autzen Reaper

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Originally Posted by Nako XL

i'm a grown %*@ man and i'll admit iy.

in my opinion, right now oregon can beat anybody anf they're they're the best team in the country. congrats.

frown.gif

thats because in your opinion USC is/was one of the top teams in the country. they clearly are not.
dont be fooled by the last couple of years, this USC team is not on that level.

ohwell.gif

well at least the whoopin came from a team i actually like to cheer for.

fingers crossed that florida drops one, then beats bama.

possible trap games for texas vs. Kansas or in College Station?

crossed-fingers.jpg

Oregon better get ready for Stanford on Saturday. Many "Experts" believe that Oregon could fall if they come out flat and don't put points out onthe board early. Stanford has the best running back in the nation and in manys opinion the best QB in the pac 10. Should be a good game.

last night was epic for me. I'm sorry I failed NT and didn't make it to game day. Now I have a 36x42 sized poster of dirtylicious in my crib for noreason but whatever. I needed to rest for the game and what a game it was! I got tackled by security and police when I stormed the field but I made it througheventually and it was crazy. The after parties, the town was crackin. Gonna remember last night forever

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Stanford has the best running back in the nation and in manys opinion the best QB in the pac 10.

You must have not watched Stanford play this year.
Luck is 16th in the country in Pass Efficiancy, The next pac 10 player is at 18(Foles)
Luck is 2nd in the confrence in total yards.
Gerhart is 1st in the confrence in rushing yards,10th in the confrence in total yards,2nd in the conference in rushing td's. 7th in the country in rushyards. All of this coming during a bye week. Oregon better not look past this game, Stanford can put 35 plus on any defense. Now the key is stopping Oregon.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

i'm a grown %*@ man and i'll admit iy.

in my opinion, right now oregon can beat anybody anf they're they're the best team in the country. congrats.

frown.gif

thats because in your opinion USC is/was one of the top teams in the country. they clearly are not.
dont be fooled by the last couple of years, this USC team is not on that level.
While I do agree with the USC not being on the level of other USC teams.

I still think Oregon can beat any team nationally and that is because the top teams of this year are not on the level of dominant teams of the past.

Too many teams have major holes. You can argue that Florida should've lost to Arkansas and that Bama should have lost to Tennessee, if it wasn't forSEC refs. Up until this Saturday, Texas didn't look impressive at all.

Let's just dub this the year of mediocrity.

isnt it odd that as soon as a team beats USC, that team can now "beat any team in the country" but other teams lose and its "
laugh.gif
exposed"

isnt it odd that as soon as a team beats USC, that team can now "beat any team in the country" but other teams lose and its "
laugh.gif
exposed "
Try again, I always thought Oregon was good, look back at what I was saying.

I think the top two teams in the Pac 10 could take on any other teams in any other conference.

I knew Oregon was back when they destroyed Cal.

I've often said, and I will repeat myself, that I hate the fact that Oregon got embarrassed on national tv against Boise State. When it is our turn toplay them, they will be a completely different team that will be running on all cylinders. That is what happened last night.

oregon is not beating bama, uf or texas on a neutral field.
Based on what?

None of the above teams have dominated.

Stanford has the best running back in the nation and in manys opinion the best QB in the pac 10.

*cue Joker gif*

I guess JaQuizz Rodgers, Mark Ingram, Javhid Best, LaMichael James, Noel Divine, etc. don't quite compare do they?
ohwell.gif

Keep in mind LaMichael James only had 2 carries in their first game... So his stats are basically from 7 games, not 8

RUSHING Team Cl G Att Yds Avg TD Long Yds/G
----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Gerhart, Toby....... STAN SR 8 195 994 5.1 13 60 124.2
2. Rodgers, Jacq....... OSU SO 8 172 922 5.4 14 61 115.2
3. James, LaMichae..... ORE FR 8 131 918 7.0 7 56 114.8
4. Best, Jahvid........ CAL JR 8 132 838 6.3 11 93 104.8
5. McKnight, Joe....... USC JR 8 112 712 6.4 7 54 89.0
6. Polk, Chris......... WASH FR 8 145 641 4.4 3 41 80.1
7. Grigsby, Nic........ ARIZ JR 7 71 535 7.5 5 94 76.4
8. Franklin, Johna..... UCLA FR 8 109 506 4.6 5 74 63.2
9. Masoli, Jeremia..... ORE JR 7 72 436 6.1 8 48 62.3
10.Nance, Dimitri...... ASU SR 8 110 472 4.3 5 35 59.0

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

*cue Joker gif*

I guess JaQuizz Rodgers, Mark Ingram, Javhid Best, LaMichael James, Noel Divine, etc. don't quite compare do they?
ohwell.gif

so why is LaMichael james name in there with all of them great RB?

Gerhart>>>>james

THIS

and it doesnt even matter at this point because oregon is due for a let down game like they have every god damn year

Oh and all this Tebow for heisman hype.... Here's Masoli's stat line....
Passing Rushing
Year Team G Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD INT Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD
2009 Oregon Ducks 7 97 160 60.6 1127 161 7 6 2 72 436 62.3 6.1 8

And Tebow's....

Passing Rushing
Year Team G Comp Att Pct Yds Y/G Y/A TD INT Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD
2009 Florida Gators 8 99 153 64.7 1323 165.3 8.6 10 4 129 551 68.9 4.3 8

Is there THAT much of a discrepancy? That Tebow gets TONS of heisman hype and Masoli doesn't ever get mentioned period???

indifferent.gif

stop it.

we all know tebow does have a rep and he'll be in the conversation as long as UF wins. i don't believe he is deserving this year, but that does notmean masoli is.

he missed 1 game and completely bombed in the season opener, he has no right to be in the conversation

right but i'm sayin even with bombing the opening game they still have similar stat lines. not saying that Masoli is deserving of the heisman whatsoeverbut i'm just pointing out that Tebow doesn't either. i suppose i should have worded that last sentence of my previous post differently... wasn'tmaking a case for Masoli being a heisman candidate!

I agree with Big Mike, people underestimate how good Gerhart is.

Other than that, I don't know what this dude John Ohh is talking about
laugh.gif

I wouldn't outright say that Oregon will beat on the top teams, but completely dismissing them? Nah, I wouldn't do that.

Tebow and Masoli shouldn't be considered for the Heisman, sorry.

I agree tebow does not deserve it so far this year.

but masoli is not even in the stratosphere of winning the heisman. idk what point you're trying to make bringing him in the conversation

Originally Posted by Al3xis

idk what point you're trying to make bringing him in the conversation
i was just looking up the both of their stats and found them a lot closer than i had thought they would be with all of Tebow's hype... like isaid, really not making a case for Masoli. Just bringing it to everybody's attention that Tebow's getting consideration for the heisman and i'd bewilling to bet that 2/3 of America has NO idea who Jeremiah Masoli is...
nerd.gif

oh my goddd eugene last night was too crackin. who was at 14th and patterson when the swat team came? riot status.

Oregon better get ready for Stanford on Saturday. Many "Experts" believe that Oregon could fall if they come out flat and don't put points out on the board early. Stanford has the best running back in the nation and in manys opinion the best QB in the pac 10. Should be a good game.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

*cue Joker gif*

ohwell.gif

so why is LaMichael james name in there with all of them great RB?

Gerhart>>>>james

THIS

and it doesnt even matter at this point because oregon is due for a let down game like they have every god damn year

Alright, name some other names that should be up there this season. Anybody from the Big-10? Evan Royster probably get's a nod. Big 12? MaybeKendall Hunter. ACC? Probably Dwyer/Williams (my bad for omitting them). Dion Lewis is doing some serious work too
pimp.gif
. So while LaMichael isn't maybe the best running back, he's certainlyplaying like one of the best.
Really the Pac-10 has the best backs this year. And LeGarrette Blount is coming back
pimp.gif

But yeah, I dunno...did you watch the game last night...LaMichael's pretty good...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
exposed "

You know why Gunna. Every year for the past 4 seasons it's always the same thing SC loses to a mediocre/bad team in conference play and run win the restof their games and it's always "well SC is playing some of the best ball in the country of anyone and should be playing for the nat'l champ."Well this year, they did that again, but got blasted by another good team and so subsequently in the transitive property of SC always supposedly being great,the team that takes them down is put on a pedestal.

Now I think Oregon is a really good team, but they aren't beating UF, Bama, or Texas.

Oh and USC was definitely "EXPOSED"

Back
Top Bottom