#5 USC at #10 Oregon - 5:00pm PDT - ABC/ESPN2 - The Autzen Reaper

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I guess USC doesn't get preferential treatment? Every other year it's "they may have the best CFB team/defense/offense ever"

It may be for a reason, b/c every year in the Pete Carroll era, SC has had a good to great record, the same can be said for the majority of the entire Southeastern conference for at least the last 10 years. Every year since 1998 where you pointed out, at least one of the teams that played in the SEC championship in Atlanta has been ranked in the top 5. It's consistency in performance, not preferential treatment.
I'm not saying SC doesn't get any love. That would be foolish. Texas gets love too, Oklahoma gets love too. However, when they lose itis covered differently.

Everyone talks !*#! 'cause we lost to Oregon State in Corvallis last year. Oregon State wasn't a bad team, SC never really recovered after that lossin the polls.

On the flip side, Ole Miss beat Florida at the Swamp on the same weekend SC lost, yet that loss was seen as "How strong the SEC is, top to bottom blahblah".

It's just perception.

Every conference has scrub teams FSU
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
. But everyone knows that Vandy, Kentucky, and Miss. St for the most part don't have the athletes to competeon a consistent basis with the other teams. The thing that I was trying to point out is that it isn't just one team dominating an entire conference ala USCin the Pac-10 or Miami when they were in the Big East. There are powers that for the most part every year are great in some combination of these teams (UF,LSU, Bama, Tennessee, Auburn, or UGA).

[T.O.] The proof is in the pudding [T.O.] The SEC is undefeated in BCS title games, and since 1992 when they went to a title game in conference, 7 of thewinners have gone on to win the national championship (the most of any conference during that period) whether you call it hype or whatever, they consistentlyperform on the big stage.

EDIT: Ironman, I really don't understand your beef after USC lost to Oregon St. they dropped 8 spots from #1 to #9. When UF lost to Ole Miss theydropped 8 spots as well from #4 to #12, the difference is that UF destroyed #4 LSU two weeks later and subsequently every remaining opponent by 10+ ptsincluding ranked opponents Florida St. and the #1 ranked Crimson Tide in the SEC champ game, meanwhile SC was killing the likes of Washington and Washington Stwho had a combined 2 wins last year, you don't see the difference?

As far as the actual Ole Miss loss, at the time of the loss, honestly there wasn't any difference b/t them and Oregon St. b/c neither UF nor SC shouldhave lost those games, but by the end of the year Ole Miss was playing a lot better (6-game win streak to end the year) and ended up murking #7 Texas Tech inthe Cotton Bowl which makes that loss look "better" as well. It also may have had to do in the fashion in which they lost, UF lost on a blocked XPand had 4 turnovers, while SC was dominated and out muscled by a freshman who at that time no one had heard of in Jaquizz Rogers.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

What the hell is going on in this thread
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

In the pages I've read, I dont think I've seen 2 Ducks fans in the conversations
laugh.gif
Just everyone from the CFB thread migrating into here.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

What the hell is going on in this thread
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

JMadidas been hating for years.

laugh.gif
@ " percy would've been neutralized "

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

The Pac-10 did work going undefeated in bowl games last year, but it doesn't help their fans case when no team outside of USC has even been to a BCS bowl since 2001 when the Ducks went. SC has had a stranglehold on that conference for so long it is nice to see someone challenge them.

The difference is in the SEC it's usually at least 2 or 3 teams that have been in contention for BCS bowls and national championships every year (UF, LSU, UGA, Bama, Tennessee, Auburn). With the Pac-10 it's been SC and only SC.
i just noticed this.

The argument is iffy, because SEC schools, Ohio State, and Notre Dame get the benefit of the doubt from the bowl selection committee. It's not that otherPac 10 schools don't deserve to be in those bowls, they just don't get the at-large bids.

Oregon specifically's been screwed in the BCS in favor of "better traveling" big11 schools more than once... Just try and tell me Oregondidn't belong in the BCS in 2006. Go on...

What about Cal a few years prior to that?

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

@*$% off usc! im rolling off some ecstasy pills kickin it super hard in eugene bout to get my nuts sucked by some fine %@@ teva wearing no arm pit shaving ##%@ in the E-U-G yeeeezzzzzzirrrrrrrr ban me !@@@$!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cal got shafted in favor of Texas in 04. I know Vince Young did work against Michigan, and I know what happened in the Holiday Bowl because I was there
frown.gif
,but you can't convince me that Cal didn't deserve to be in the rose Bowl that year.
smh.gif

Rodgers was $, a 4th down and goal away from maybe beating USC on the road.

cal cant *%@*# anymore about that rose bowl with the beat down they took in the hoilday bowl

it's 20/20 hindsight. they deserved to go, with one loss, and that loss being a really close loss to USC on the road.

Back
Top Bottom