#5 USC at #10 Oregon - 5:00pm PDT - ABC/ESPN2 - The Autzen Reaper

Pete Carroll and USC playing in a big game against a ranked opponent? You know SC is coming out with the Victory. I don't have faith in Masoli's armbeating the SC defense through the air, and unless he has a Vince Young in the '06 Rose Bowl type performance against the trojans running the ball i dontsee them coming out on top. Oregon is banking too much on their home crowd to rattle Matt Barkley and SC into mistakes, they've already played three toughgames in tough environments vs ranked teams and came out victorious thus far. They've been tested already, i dont think the Autzen crowd is gonna make adifference in the outcome. The better team will win the game on Saturday point blank, and i see it being USC.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Anthony McCoy is out for the game,
ohwell.gif
The way he walked off the field last week I had a feeling he was gonna be out... Hopefully Blake is readyto step up (especially in the blocking scheme)... Damian Williams hasn't practiced the last couple of days either, hopefully he's good to go.
ohwell.gif

The defense better wake up and not have any mental lapses... Taylor Mays shut the haters up and make some plays. You can decapitate the players after you makea play on the ball... Do whatever the ##!% you want, just make some plays man.

Originally Posted by deezxnutz

flying down to oregon from LA tomorrow. can't wait! hope it doesn't rain.

It's been raining all week. And it's supposed to rain all weekend. I'd plan on bringing a jacket if I were you.
Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8
God I'm getting more hyped with every hour that passes. REALLY wish I could get into this game
frown.gif
Like I'd sell my first born son for a ticket down on the 50 yard line, first row. Then get to work after the game to make a son I dont want yet.
roll.gif

Let's hope the archives don't keep this post for when he's older
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I better edit this Sunday night when I get home. AssumingI find a nice drunk girl that just wants a d.

Originally Posted by HANNIBEL SMITH

Pete Carroll and USC playing in a big game against a ranked opponent? You know SC is coming out with the Victory. I don't have faith in Masoli's arm beating the SC defense through the air, and unless he has a Vince Young in the '06 Rose Bowl type performance against the trojans running the ball i dont see them coming out on top. Oregon is banking too much on their home crowd to rattle Matt Barkley and SC into mistakes, they've already played three tough games in tough environments vs ranked teams and came out victorious thus far. They've been tested already, i dont think the Autzen crowd is gonna make a difference in the outcome. The better team will win the game on Saturday point blank, and i see it being USC.
In 2007:
Both teams were in the top 10. (Oregon #5, USC #9)
Oregon had an established mobile quarterback (Dixon)
Oregon had a good running game (Stewart)
USC had not the most experienced quarterback (Sanchez)

That was a pretty big game. And Oregon came away the victor, so it's not like USC is invincible and always wins the big ones. If I remember correctly, theonly "big" game they've lost in the Pac-10 was at Oregon in 2007.
Here's to hoping this Oregon team channels the team against Oregon State/Oklahoma State last year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I'll be there.
pimp.gif
mad.gif
Me too.

eek.gif

No foolies.
tongue.gif
tired.gif
Just found out my ticket for Ducks/Trojans was given away, I'm not working the OSU/UCLA game so I can't get in free, AND it's sold out.
indifferent.gif

ALL BAD
smh.gif
frown.gif
... But I'll be in Eugene anyway. I'm either partying after game with a bunch of drunk broads or I'm making fun of the Ducks and STILL partying. Win or lose, I still win.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Fizzy just buy some ticks off craigslist. Standing room only are going for like 80 still. Buy those and sneak into the student section. myfriends do that every game

I for one dont feel very confident going into this game, but the Ducks by 21? or 14? Im not so sure im buying that, I havent seen the Trojans lose by twotouchdowns in a very very long time. If USC does get the W it wont even matter because to the nay sayers it will just be another ranked to high, overratedsquad that SC should have demolished so just like all SC games its pretty much a lose lose situation.
If SC does get the W, i dont think anyone in the rest of the country really can argue against SC after that, wins on the road at Oregon, at Ohio St. at Cal andat Notre Dame with a true freshman qb will be more impressive then anything else for the rest of the CFB season *. We will still need to go on the road toArizona after that too. Never would have though at the start of the year id be saying this, but if they do win out i think its gonna be hard to keep them outof the MNC game. That said, if Texas wins out we all know its gonna be SEC champ vs, Texas deserving or not.

* at thevery least AS impressive as anyone

I'm really nervous about this game. Hopefully Blake and Rhett can make up for McCoy's absence. The secondary has to step up and the linebackers have tobe disciplined. Good thing that they've been preparing for the spread for a while, but Oregon's is way more tough to handle.

Sucks that this game is the same time as the Texas game. I gotta get a stream going at the same time.

In 2007:

That was a pretty big game. And Oregon came away the victor, so it's not like USC is invincible and always wins the big ones. If I remember correctly, the only "big" game they've lost in the Pac-10 was at Oregon in 2007.
Here's to hoping this Oregon team channels the team against Oregon State/Oklahoma State last year
pimp.gif

a USC team that was overrated and a QB starting on the road for the 1st time

Originally Posted by CDub Yo

Anyone going to Gameday tomorrow morning?

Just seen calibeebee's Dirty post in general.
laugh.gif

ya im going, pulling an all nighter with a costuem party tonight, straight to gameday at about 4am

Originally Posted by HANNIBEL SMITH

Pete Carroll and USC playing in a big game against a ranked opponent? You know SC is coming out with the Victory. I don't have faith in Masoli's arm beating the SC defense through the air, and unless he has a Vince Young in the '06 Rose Bowl type performance against the trojans running the ball i dont see them coming out on top. Oregon is banking too much on their home crowd to rattle Matt Barkley and SC into mistakes, they've already played three tough games in tough environments vs ranked teams and came out victorious thus far. They've been tested already, i dont think the Autzen crowd is gonna make a difference in the outcome. The better team will win the game on Saturday point blank, and i see it being USC.
In 2007:

That was a pretty big game. And Oregon came away the victor, so it's not like USC is invincible and always wins the big ones. If I remember correctly, the only "big" game they've lost in the Pac-10 was at Oregon in 2007.
pimp.gif

It was a bigger game for Oregon, and it would've been bigger in the grand scheme of things if Dixon didn't go down.

Sanchez was starting his first game on the road after replacing JD Booty. Barkley is a true freshman, but calling him inexperienced is foolish. Our brutalroad schedule has made him grow up fast. Hopefully they can shred that secondary, and Bradford/McKnight open it up.

Nothing about this game screams defensive battle. I don't think Oregon's secondary has been tested yet.

Losing Anthony McCoy sucks, but it is nice to see RoJo rounding into form. Rhett needs to step up, and pick up those under routes.

Oregon has a no-name front seven that has been playing exceptionally well, hopefully our experienced offensive line will neutralize that.

anyone know if theyre gonnna show this game on espn 2 because theyre showing the texad okie state game on abc over here in va?

Originally Posted by papi chulo

anyone know if theyre gonnna show this game on espn 2 because theyre showing the texad okie state game on abc over here in va?
091031_8pm.jpg

Here's the ABC listings.
Just switch the coverage areas and that's who will get it on ESPN2HD

Originally Posted by papi chulo

091031_8pm.jpg

Here's the ABC listings.
Just switch the coverage areas and that's who will get it on ESPN2HD

thanks

laugh.gif
Ah yeahhhhh, this is the game many been waiting on for ages, USC akathe most overrated football program in college history traveling to the pacific northwest to play a ducks team thats much better than them in every phase ofthe game. Tonight is the night that the Trojans reign on top in the Pac 10 for the last 7 years..... comes to an end. I personally dont see this being a closegame at all. The Ducks are just too powerful offensively, and while they're not that good on defense, it'll good enough to keep whatever chumps USCputs on the field on offense in check.

Notre Dame and Oregon State has exposed these clowns defensively the last 2 weeks, Oregon is a much better offensive team than those teams. Put 2 and 2together, this +$@% doesnt bode well for USC. I see Oregon jumpin out to a 21-0 lead in the first and never looking back. This will end up being the mostembarrasing defeat in pete carroll's coaching career. This game will be so bad, it may just drop these clowns (USC) out the top 25 when it's all saidand done.Oregon 59 USC 14. Masoli with 500 yards of offense, with 300 on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom