#5 USC at #10 Oregon - 5:00pm PDT - ABC/ESPN2 - The Autzen Reaper

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Oregon picking usc defense apart
laugh.gif
....oregon racked up close to 500 yards
pimp.gif
Our defense is not that hard to pick apart
laugh.gif

I will be dissapointed if Oregon doesn't rack up 650 yards.

I'm not even dissapointed at the result of this game. This was a make or break game for our defense, IMO, they have been playing like %%#@ the past twoweeks. The defense didn't step up, it looks like the offense is going to have to outscore everyone 'cause our defense is terrible.

Most points allowed by a Pete Carroll D
Worst loss in the Pete Carroll era.
Defense is garbage.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If your Trojans were winning, you'd be in here saying its a disappointment that this isn't a real contest.

Now it turns out the Ducks are putting a whoopin' on your team and you're "dissapointed" you're team isn't getting more snot beatoutta them?

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

well we didn't really eff anything up in 07. just a KEY injury!
I don't know, they kind of gave up once Dixon went down instead of coming together and winning some games.

They lost to some pretty bad teams after the injury, and they still had a talented team.

They still should of beat Arizona and UCLA. Oregon State was a toss up being that the Beavers were decent and it was a rivalry game.

Losing Dixon was big, but it doesn't excuse losing those last three games.

BTW- I'm really impressed with Oregon's defense. Relentless and they gang tackle, kind of reminds me of Trojan defenses of years past.

Originally Posted by vctry20

PS- Has NT been acting up for anyone? It wouldn't load up NT for the entire first half
ohwell.gif
yeah mine hasn't loaded up, its just stayed plain white

Masoli is either Samoan or Tongan, I dont think theres a huge difference, they're like sister islands

Try telling that to a Tongan or a Samoan.

Masoli is Samoan.

Originally Posted by What up

If your Trojans were winning, you'd be in here saying its a disappointment that this isn't a real contest.

Now it turns out the Ducks are putting a whoopin' on your team and you're "dissapointed" you're team isn't getting more snot beat outta them?
I don't get what you are trying to say,
laugh.gif

I've stated my dissapointment in the defense numerous times, not only in this game thread.

The USC D quit on the field.

I'm being realistic. Our defense sucks, we just happened to get away with it against Notre Dame and Oregon State. Two games that we had in the bag easilyentering the 4th quarter and somehow our D let both those teams back in the game.

USC Defense = No Heart!

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

well we didn't really eff anything up in 07. just a KEY injury!
I don't know, they kind of gave up once Dixon went down instead of coming together and winning some games.

They lost to some pretty bad teams after the injury, and they still had a talented team.

They still should of beat Arizona and UCLA. Oregon State was a toss up being that the Beavers were decent and it was a rivalry game.

Losing Dixon was big, but it doesn't excuse losing those last three games.

BTW- I'm really impressed with Oregon's defense. Relentless and they gang tackle, kind of reminds me of Trojan defenses of years past.
i'll give you that we still had talent etc... but we didn't have our leader to coordinate it all... know what i mean? i agree we probcould've done better but i think we did lose a good bit of momentum/confidence

I mean it was bound to happen to SC. How many players (more importantly defense) did they lose to the NFL after last season? How many coaches bolted too?SC's reign is over for a couple of years. If Pete sticks around I can see him getting them back to the top. I am glad this has happened to them becausethis team has no business being ranked #5. They are more like a #20-25 team and that's pushing it.

Originally Posted by sinser13

props to oregon, they have a great offense.
Huge props, I thought they would win. But they embarrassed SC

And won me a lot of cash too
pimp.gif

grin.gif
@ storming the field.

I didn't see this as a "huge" upset. Oregon is really good, plus they came in ranked #10. Plus, most SC fans saw this as a possible loss.

I mean it was bound to happen to SC. How many players (more importantly defense) did they lose to the NFL after last season? How many coaches bolted too? SC's reign is over for a couple of years. If Pete sticks around I can see him getting them back to the top. I am glad this has happened to them because this team has no business being ranked #5. They are more like a #20-25 team and that's pushing it.
I was about to give you props until your last sentence. Our track record made us a Top 5 team, now I would say we are a #10-15 team. Saying wehad no business, that is pushing it.

I still don't see Texas as a top 2 team. They haven't really beat anybody and they have struggled with the exception of today when they destroyed ashell of it's former self Oklahoma State team. What I'm getting at is that all teams struggle.

This loss just shows how good a team Oregon is. I said this long ago, I hate the fact that Oregon got their $!+ kicked against Boise State on National TV,because when it's our turn to play them in Autzen they will be a completely diffrent team that will be running on all cylinders. That is exactly whathappened tonight.

Our track record is still better than a lot of teams out there, but we don't belong in the Top 10.

You finally showed some insight with your opening statement. We lost a lot of guys to the NFL last year, that defense was
smokin.gif
. Unfortunately 1 loss to a very good Oregon State team on the road took usout of the National Title picture.

I see this team winning out, and if Oregon wins out I could see us going to the Rose Bowl once again
ohwell.gif
. Holiday Bowl is also a possibility.

^well thats just how autzen is, win or lose the fans always come down to the field to kick it with the players and play catch on the field.
i was nervous up until probably the last 5 minutes. and even with this loss i still see sc as a top 10, and i would still put my money on sc against alot ofteams still. also losing their TE hurt alot, there were a couple of long passes that couldve gone for 6 but the timing was off with barkley.

Your track record made you a top #5 team, really?! You played and beat cupcakes, not to mention you got embarrassed by Washington. This game was clearly a trapbecause your opponents coach knew what you were going to do before you even did it. What %#%!!$* ranks a team that practically loses every single defensiveplayer #3 in the preseason? It just goes to show you how much of a joke the ranking criteria is.

Props to the Ducks for dominating a team that had no right being ranked better than them. I have to agree though, storming the field was od, they aren'tgoing to the NC with this win.

Btw, mark my words UCLA will hand the Trojans a loss as well. Don't be surprised if ASU beats that @@# too.

Back
Top Bottom