50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct Album Thread (NOVEMBER 16th) (Digital Release: November 9th)

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

When 50 was on Ustream,

He said he feels this is better the Get Rich or Die Tryin
eek.gif
pimp.gif

and 50 said that Nov. 17 will not change.
indifferent.gif
BS

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

When 50 was on Ustream,

eek.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
BS

He tried to use that SAME gimmick with Curtis... Him & Yayo were goin around sayn it was better than GRODT...

When 50 was on Ustream,

eek.gif
pimp.gif

You act like he never lied before.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

I've come to the conclusion that people just don't like 50 Cent anymore. And this is probably a situation he can't change unless he does what his name supposedly stands for and changes. To me its like when new rock bands like nirvana or green day would come about and crush every trend in rock that was popular before it. The Gangsta rap thing just isnt popping anymore. Especially in 2009 when I get the feeling that people are just trying to make it and do better thus needing motivational music to do positive things not more negativity to just keep your mindstate in a negative place. It maybe entertainment at the end of the day but I just dont think people wanna buy into it anymore.
I think your a 100 percent right. The gangsta rap thing just isn't popular any more. He needs to switch things up.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

When 50 was on Ustream,

eek.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
BS

He tried to use that SAME gimmick with Curtis... Him & Yayo were goin around sayn it was better than GRODT...
Yeah but what artist is gonna admit their older !*+! is better? Really wouldn't make sense, and we all know this !*+! has no chance of beingbetter than GRODT.

^^^ i mean gucci,jeezy,rawse,game,etc is selling gangsta music so i dunno bout that

I mean i rather listen to gangsta rap than auto tuned music.

This is actually coming out, he has put out 1238202384 singles and not one positve result

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

^^^ i mean gucci,jeezy,rawse,game,etc is selling gangsta music so i dunno bout that
But theyre not selling records like 50 cent used to sell records..Most of these artists cant sell 5% of the records GRODT/TM have sold. Lets putthis in perspective..50's gone diamond (10M+ Sold) twice..So when he struggles to go platinum and creeps slowly towards it for weeks and months after beingoutsold by some non gangster rapper thats got to tell you something.

I feel like progressive rap music should be the focus of todays artists because progress is the focus of most of todays people. Being stuck on all that drugdealing/killing foolishness is just holding these artists back and keeping them from realizing their true potential but I feel like some if not most of themdon't have the courage to just be themselves and put out whatever is true to them. Plus they get caught up in the gliz and glam of that lifestyle and gofor it thinking thats where its at but without the talent to pull it off they get caught up in that vicious cycle of an illusion called the rap game.

Jeezys song "My President Is Black" got more play on the radio than any of his other songs have. Kanyes best and most positive and motivationalalbum Graduation outshined everyone in 2007 and even T.I. realized the error in his ways and started turning against that lifestyle in certain aspects hetalked about on his last cd.

The Game is struggling to stay relevant which is crazy because I feel like he's better than where he's at now. He just doesnt understand what he needsto do to stay a successful artist which is why he keeps flip flopping back and forth between beefing and "paying homage." He'd be 10X better ifhe'd switch his style up..stop namedropping and focus on himself/his lifestyle/California/progress period. Rawse (IMO) is selling a lifestyle..that samelifestyle that Big and Jay was promoting in the mid 90's b4 Big passed...He's picked up where they left off..his drug angle is obviously false and Ithink he felt like he needed that to justify the big money lifestyle he wanted to perpetuate but its too late to flip flop on that issue and lose those fansrespect plus that of whomever he'd try to attract with the truth. People will flip flop on what being a great rapper is..whether or not its sales orlyrical content or street presence but in business it always comes down to sales and dollars.

This album will not be as good or better than GRODT because that album took his whole life of trauma and setbacks to write, this album will be...just anotheralbum.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

But theyre not selling records like 50 cent used to sell records..Most of these artists cant sell 5% of the records GRODT/TM have sold. Lets put this in perspective..50's gone diamond (10M+ Sold) twice..So when he struggles to go platinum and creeps slowly towards it for weeks and months after being outsold by some non gangster rapper thats got to tell you something.

I feel like progressive rap music should be the focus of todays artists because progress is the focus of most of todays people. Being stuck on all that drug dealing/killing foolishness is just holding these artists back and keeping them from realizing their true potential but I feel like some if not most of them don't have the courage to just be themselves and put out whatever is true to them. Plus they get caught up in the gliz and glam of that lifestyle and go for it thinking thats where its at but without the talent to pull it off they get caught up in that vicious cycle of an illusion called the rap game.

Jeezys song "My President Is Black" got more play on the radio than any of his other songs have. Kanyes best and most positive and motivational album Graduation outshined everyone in 2007 and even T.I. realized the error in his ways and started turning against that lifestyle in certain aspects he talked about on his last cd.

The Game is struggling to stay relevant which is crazy because I feel like he's better than where he's at now. He just doesnt understand what he needs to do to stay a successful artist which is why he keeps flip flopping back and forth between beefing and "paying homage." He'd be 10X better if he'd switch his style up..stop namedropping and focus on himself/his lifestyle/California/progress period. Rawse (IMO) is selling a lifestyle..that same lifestyle that Big and Jay was promoting in the mid 90's b4 Big passed...He's picked up where they left off..his drug angle is obviously false and I think he felt like he needed that to justify the big money lifestyle he wanted to perpetuate but its too late to flip flop on that issue and lose those fans respect plus that of whomever he'd try to attract with the truth. People will flip flop on what being a great rapper is..whether or not its sales or lyrical content or street presence but in business it always comes down to sales and dollars.

This album will not be as good or better than GRODT because that album took his whole life of trauma and setbacks to write, this album will be...just another album.
Nicely said I agree 100%

it wont be as good as grodt. but i think it will be good. ill reserve judgment until i actually hear the whole album

50 Cent lists his new album on November 23 release along with Rihanna and Timbaland's forthcoming efforts.

After being delayed for several times, 50 Cent's new album "Before I Self Destruct" suffers from another pushback this week. Previously scheduled to arrive on November 17, the effort is now expected to come out on November 23, Rap-Up reports.

With the addition of 50 Cent's album, the fourth week of November becomes the most crowded week which lists several highly-anticipated releases. Rihanna's new album and Timbaland's "Shock Value 2" are set to come out on November 23, while Britney Spears' "The Singles Collection", Adam Lambert's major-label debut album and Lady GaGa's "The Fame: Monster" will be dropped on the next day.

50 Cent will be working with Dr. Dre to finish the album and making a duet with Eminem in one of its songs. In addition, the album will be adapted into a movie, which marks Fiddy's directorial debut and will be included in the album's packaging.

"Because I had additional time, I wrote, produced and directed my own film, 'Before I Self Destruct' and it'll actually be within the album's packaging," Fiddy explained. "So when you buy the record, you'll get the film that I wrote."

^^^I mean GRODT just had a "new" buzz like never seen before tho.. you can't say any artist is gonna sell 10 million plat.

After 2004 burning and downloading music got HUGEEEE. i remember when GRODT came out Dips did too that year.. It was like a internet secret back than to DLalbums in full.. now its on websites like click here... onsmash.com new gucci download click here etc etc. megaload, rapid share, zshare were not around thanbut now its waaaay to easy for people to DL @$%...

There are sooo many hip hop artists and the majority of there fans are D-Riders there like $$%@ mess with son for right now and forget about him when they meetsomebody new. Thats why sales are down soo much also.. i mean look at Madonna she been up for a month isnt even half of GOLD but her protege gaga is at like1.5

Back
Top Bottom