50 Cent, Timbaland, Wyclef and Mary J. Blige named in steroid trafficking investigation !!updated!!!

Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds may not be the only ones feeling the heat of ongoing steroid investigations.

An Albany, N.Y, based steroid trafficking investigation has named 50 Cent, Timbaland, Wyclef Jean and Mary J. Blige, according to the Albany Times Union.

The artists are: "among tens of thousands of people who may have used or received prescribed shipments of steroids and injectable human growth hormone in recent years," the newspaper reports. "Records shared with the Times Union and information from several cooperating witnesses on Long Island indicate Blige and other stars were shipped prescribed human growth hormone or steroids -- sometimes under fictitious names -- at hotels, production studios, private residences, an upscale Manhattan fitness club and through the Long Island office of Michael Diamond, a chiropractor affiliated with the celebrities, sources said.

Despite the reports, law enforcement officials in the multi-state probe say they have no evidence that the customers, including the entertainers, have violated any laws.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://
http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=2186
[/font]

Tuesday - January 15, 2008
50 Cent

Just days after several big celebs were named in a steroids probe, one might expect the stars' camps to be doing some serious spin work. But only one has proclaimed her innocence, while most others are staying tight-lipped.

As SOHH previously reported, Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent Wyclef and Timbaland are among the celebrities who have been named in the New York state steroid investigation.

So far, Mary's the only one to deny the claim. Blige's spokeswoman told New York's Daily News, that the singer "has never taken any performance-enhancing illegal steroids." Associates said she achieved such great shape by working out with New York City-based physical trainer Gregg Miele.

"I'm probably in the best shape that I've ever been in in my life," 37-year-old Blige told Billboard magazine in December. "I'm really healthy."

Timbo's camp sidestepped the allegations, refusing to comment. His manager Marcus Spence would only say, "Legally we're not allowed to make a statement at this time."

50 and Wyclef's reps haven't returned inquiring phone calls and have yet to make a statement

It is not apparent yet if any of the artists violated any drug laws.

The investigation -- dubbed "Operation Which Doctor" -- revealed that these celebs and others were linked to doctors and pharmacists who are accused of writing prescriptions for steroids and human growth hormones without examining the cients.

Actor/writer Tyler Perry was fingered in the probe as well. The Diary of a Mad Black Woman creator was a patient of Long Island chiropractor Michael Diamond, according to a friend of Perry's. Diamond is accused of receiving the steroids on behalf of the celebs from a doctor in Florida.

Diamond is also on staff at Clay Gym in Chelsea, as an anti-aging consultant where he works with many celebrities. Due to the alleged anti-aging effects of steroids, experts say many entertainers are attracted to the drug.

Diamond wouldn't comment yesterday, but his lawyer Robert Macedonio said his client maintains his innocence.

"He has not and he cannot receive prescriptions in the mail," Macedonio said, adding that Diamond has never met Gary Brandwein, the Florida doctor who The Albany Times Union reported was responsible for mailing the steroids. Brandwein, the same doc known for prescribing steroids to dead pro-wrestler Chris Benoit, is awaiting trial in Albany on drug charges.

Elsewhere, the charges are getting sticky. Ten people have pled guilty to felony drug charges and, Dr. Anna Maria Santi of Queens, N.Y. was sentenced to three to six years for forging hundreds of steroid prescriptions.

source- sohh

http://www.hhboard.com/showthread.php?t=317499

laugh.gif
roll.gif
GTFOOH....

eek.gif
smh.gif
If this is true....

yall are surprised?? i've said it joking before, but its obvious these dudes have been takin somethin

I gues 50 getting them Human growth Hormones enabled him a leg up on the competition when he released GRODT what they gonna do take back his multiplatinumplaques.

i feel like i read somewhere that steroids or growth hormones can be used by singers to help repair vocal chord damage or some $%++ like that. so maybe that atleast explains why MJB is on there.

Back
Top Bottom