50" LG led tv @ walmart for 448.00

I really want to get a new tv and i have the money, but until I hear back from this job I don't want to pull the trigger.

i know nothing about tvs is this a good one?

What specs should i use when comparing?

I think i read once LGs are a bad brand for tvs any truth to this?

i know nothing about tvs is this a good one?

What specs should i use when comparing?

I think i read once LGs are a bad brand for tvs any truth to this?
It's a good deal since the tv is name brand.

IDK how reliable it is, but I own an lg lcd that has lasted for 4 years. Nothing is wrong with it, aside from a minor scratch that my brother made on it.

Specs don't matter that much. Focus more on the type of content you'll be watching on your tv. For sports, you'd want a 120hz. A 60hz tv is good enough for everything else.

The best brands out there are LG, Sony, Samsung, and Sony. Vizio is the best generic brand imo.

According to wiki, LG is the 2nd largest tv manufacturer.

IDK how LG can be a bad tv brand and still able to sell so many tvs.

I'm no expert. These are just tips that I've gathered from cnet and sites of the like.

Last edited:
Damb... You think there's gonna be deals like this during tax return season? I need to cop a new TV but got school bills that need to be paid.

:frown:

i plan to grab one of those 50" or 55" Vizio's next week.  Not fckn with LG or Samsung.  My Samsung 47" crapped out on me and it's only 3 years old.  Had my Vizio since '08 and it's still holding up

I have a vizio now only like 3 years now but i have no issues with it. Just need something bigger cause it looks so small in my new apartment.

Last edited:
I'll look into them.  I guess we all have different experiences.  I've owned two Vizio's and they've held up very well.  I just expected more from Samsung and was really disappointed.  It still works for HD inputs (so i may use it strictly for gaming).  It only picks up certain channels, and that annoys the crap out me.  Running HD comcast HDMI, and it had the same problems when it was just connected to coaxial cable.

i plan to grab one of those 50" or 55" Vizio's next week.  Not fckn with LG or Samsung.  My Samsung 47" crapped out on me and it's only 3 years old.  Had my Vizio since '08 and it's still holding up
Mine did too.The left side went darkish,sometimes black and white,unscrewed that biatch and pushed cardboard in the corner!! FIXED!!

There's a specific Black Friday deal that we've been updating pretty well, so everyone should check it out.
http://niketalk.com/t/573710/black-friday-2013-thread/680_20

Damb... You think there's gonna be deals like this during tax return season? I need to cop a new TV but got school bills that need to be paid.

:frown:

original.jpg

Second Quarter (April/May/June)
Televisions and Other Electronics: Japanese manufacturers' fiscal year ends in March, so they're eager to get rid of old stock. This will probably be better than the Super Bowl sales, provided you're okay with buying last year's model.

February
Televisions & Home Theaters: You won't find every TV on sale during the pre-Super Bowl sales, but you can usually find a good deal on older models before they come out later in the spring.

November
Televisions & Other Electronics: Hit the stores during Black Friday and Cyber Monday for good deals on all sorts of electronics. Make sure that deal you find is really a deal before pulling the trigger, though.

December
Televisions & Other Electronics: The sales continue after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, usually all the way up until the super bowl.

http://lifehacker.com/5973864/the-best-time-to-buy-anything-during-the-year

my girl and i just pulled the trigger on the 50 inch at best buy..

came out to 486 or something like that, we chose to pick it up.

wouldn't of gotten here till december 5th, picking it up sunday.

I just got a 42" one similar to that and I'm very pleased. Mine has wifi so you can control it from your phone and there's a Netflix app and a few others.

My second LG - the first was a 32" LCD which lasted about 10 years - cost about $1200 too.

Got this one from costco with a free Blu-Ray player and 5 year warranty.

Last I checked, Samsung, LG, and Vizio are your top 3 TV brands. Thats based on sales, dependability, options, and customer service. We've had some real nice LGs at work over the past couple years.

Saw this and the 55 inch chilling in the aisles at walmart on friday. Wish I had the dough at that moment.

Back
Top Bottom