6/10 TNA Slammiversary PPV - Roode v Sting, Joseph Park v Bully Ray, Angle/AJ v Daniels/Kaz, WWE...

WWE Encyclopedia Author Says Chris Benoit is Mentioned in the Second Book 

- WWE Encyclopedia author Kevin Sullivan has confirmed that Chris Benoit will again be mentioned in the second volume of the WWE Encyclopedia. Many of WWE's title histories 

and publications have mentioned Benoit in the past few years. Vince McMahon spoke on the controversial subject, noting the following in a 2009 interview… 

"It's not right to pretend he didn't exist.

It's one thing to include him as part of a historical perspective, which I believe is okay, and it's another thing to promote him, which is not okay.

The situation is very similar to that of O.J. Simpson—despite his controversy, O.J. was still a part of the NFL scene. You can't deny that he existed."

That's probably the most logical statement I've heard from Vince in years, and is pretty much my same sentiment. By attempting to erase Benoit's

existence, you're erasing part of the history of so many other guys.

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

^ That put a genuine smile on my face.

Dude was master of his craft.

Indeed he was.

Imagine the type of matches he could've had with the likes of Punk, Ziggler, or Dat Boy D. Bry

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

^ That put a genuine smile on my face.

Dude was master of his craft.

Indeed he was.

Imagine the type of matches he could've had with the likes of Punk, Ziggler, or Dat Boy D. Bry

Makes me wish Kurt Angle was still in WWE instead of TNA.
D-Bry/Punk/Benoit/Angle Fatal 4 way would have been amazing to see

From a recent house show:

(5) U.S. champion Santino Marella defeated David Otunga and Daniel Bryan in a three-way match to retain the U.S. Title.
 (6) Dolph Ziggler defeated Zack Ryder. Best match of the night.
(7) John Cena defeated Big Show and Tensai in a two-on-one handicap match.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Have to send the fans home happy

Random pic is random:

Spoiler [+]
AkfgdArCMAADZhd.jpg:large

when in the blue skies did Slater pick up a hill billy accent??

Or am I just super late??

dude sounds
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

From a recent house show:

(5) U.S. champion Santino Marella defeated David Otunga and Daniel Bryan in a three-way match to retain the U.S. Title.
 (6) Dolph Ziggler defeated Zack Ryder. Best match of the night.
(7) John Cena defeated Big Show and Tensai in a two-on-one handicap match.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Have to send the fans home happy

Random pic is random:

Spoiler [+]
AkfgdArCMAADZhd.jpg:large

why is d.Bryan in a us title match?

@Dat Dude Chris yea that's Tech n9ne and Krizz Kaliko too
laugh.gif
Didn't realize JTG was there either

As far as why Bryan was in the US title match, he was probably the only legit option. Swagger lost to Brodus Clay
that same show, so other than some lower card guys, not sure who would have been in his place.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

We're still doing the Sting is/is not an icon thing lol everyone knows Sting is the 4th biggest Icon popularity wise

Dude don't even bring it back up..It finally died down and thats how it needs to stay..Besides we all know that Sting was one of the biggest stars in the history of the sport of professional wrestling..Except for 4w, who is clueless and refuses to admit to The Stinger's greatness..So like I said let's just leave it alone..Thanks

- SuperLuchas.net out of Mexico reports that Alex Shelley was never actually contacted directly by WWE officials. A friend of Shelley’s who currently wrestles for WWE was the one who let Shelley know that WWE was interested in bringing him in.

Shelley reportedly wants to take a few weeks off to relax and then officially begin negotiating with WWE. SuperLucha’s source reports that Shelley is concerned about being sent to Florida Championship Wrestling and wants to go straight to WWE’s main roster.

- Regarding TMZ’s report on John Cena’s $100,000 lien on his home, it should be noted that Cena is not broke. This $100,000 lien and the $15,000 lien from earlier this year likely comes from someone close to him, a family member or his wife perhaps, just not staying on top of bills and getting everything paid. The odds that the face of WWE is broke are very slim.

new design for the WWE Title coming soon and it's 20 lbs heavier than the current belt, according to Punk

Punk didn't sound too enthused by it. He said he saw the new belt and this was his quote: "I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but I'm not sure it looks better than this one."

so that's 2/10 predictions I got correct this year.

I heard on a radio interview that the current one is already like 15-20 pounds (probably exaggerated) so with the new one it could be 35-40 pounds
eek.gif

And by coming soon i'm gonna go ahead and say it debuts on the 1000th episode?

Former WWE creative writer Seth Mates, who WWE Champion CM Punk follows on Twitter, weighed in on the perception that Triple H uses political maneuvering to “bury

Doesn't really sound like the new title is coming anytime soon.

Here's the Q&A where Punk talks about it. Skip to 33:07 to go directly to the part about the title.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

We're still doing the Sting is/is not an icon thing lol everyone knows Sting is the 4th biggest Icon popularity wise

4th in terms of what?
Hogan

Flair

Austin

Rock

HBK

Cena

4th what?

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Doesn't really sound like the new title is coming anytime soon.

Well at the very least we know that the days of the spinner belt are numbered.

I'm thankful for that.

Back
Top Bottom